Having trouble building Devo10 and all emulators

More
28 Mar 2014 07:01 - 28 Mar 2014 07:06 #21903 by WheresWaldo
Can someone verify this for me. I just pulled down PB's latest repo and I get the following errors trying to build various version:

DFU's:
  • Devo6 builds fine
  • Devo7e builds fine
  • Devo8 builds fine
  • Devo10 errors with
  • + Compiling 'target/common/devo/protocol/a7105.c'
      arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: target/common/devo/protocol/a7105.c: No such file or directory
      arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: fatal error: no input files
      compilation terminated.
      make: *** [objs/devo10/a7105.o] Error 1
  • Devo12 builds fine

EMU's
  • All fail with line near end "cc1plus.exe: some warnings being treated as errors"

Please note this is straight from PB's repo with absolutely no changes to any files. Seems for some reason that the Devo10 does not know that the a7105.c file is now in src/protocol/spi. Since this is the first file in the list and it fails, I am assuming it simply doesn't know the src/protocol/spi directory even exists. I can live without the emulators for right now but not without the latest changes to PB's code for the Devo10.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2014 07:06 by WheresWaldo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2014 12:55 #21907 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Having trouble building Devo10 and all emulators
do a 'make distclean'

More
28 Mar 2014 13:01 #21908 by hexfet
I've built devo10, emu_devo10, and emu_devo7e without any problems.

Enabling the nRF24L01 in hardware.ini causes both emulators to display "Missing module: MultiMod" on startup. I think PB may still be working in that area. Haven't flashed my tx.

More
28 Mar 2014 14:38 #21909 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Having trouble building Devo10 and all emulators
make distclean

That fixed it for building the DFU files, thanks PB. Now I am going to try to tackle the EMU stuff by myself first. If I get stuck I'll YELL :ohmy: for help.

More
29 Mar 2014 00:11 - 29 Mar 2014 00:14 #21921 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Having trouble building Devo10 and all emulators
Here is what I observed trying to fix my emulator build problem. The errors were all about one parameter in MinGW/msys/1.0/local/include/FL/Enumeration.h. If I un-comment the #define FLTK_ABI_VERSION 10303 (line 30) then the errors go away completely but the warnings about unused variables stay. I know it was mentioned some time ago the the warnings were not significant. I read about the consequences of removing the comment from this line and did not feel it would impact the behavior of the emu in any way. It now compiles completely and runs.

hexfet, I get the same error in the emulator when I start it up even if the hardware.ini has the multimod line commented out. Not sure I like that behavior, but since I will be installing the universal board, I should not see that message on my actual Devo10.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2014 00:14 by WheresWaldo.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds