Tactic TTX850 port?

More
27 Jan 2015 19:06 #28118 by mwm
Tactic TTX850 port? was created by mwm
The Tactic TTX850 was released recently. It sort of looks like a hybrid between a Devo10 and Devo12 - 8 switches, 2 sliders, and a B&W screen with nav buttons. The killer is that the retail price is only US$180.

I asked on the rcgroups thread, and someone was kind enough to post images of the internals .

What I think is the microprocessor has an ARM logo on it, but the chip markings have been partially defaced. Maybe someone who knows them could take a look at it and figure out the CPU?

The interesting part is that it's got an NRF24L01 rf module in it. This would give it a lot of protocols with no hardware mods at all, assuming that it communicates with the CPU in a similar manner to the Devention hardware. In which case, adding extra modules so also work as well on them as they do on the devntion Tx's.

While I've been trying to figure out if I wanted a Devo12s or a Taranis when my hobby budget allowed for a new Tx, I think this might be a win over either of them - if it were running deviationTx. I'd be willing to work on a port, but I've got now idea how one would even figure out if a port is even feasible.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2015 17:56 #28173 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Tactic TTX850 port?
I asked additional questions on the rcgroups forum about the MCU. It's a STM32 clone, but may be not powerful enough - we'll see.

The nRF24L01 module used is a "smart" one, most probably it handles the protocol in the Silabs F311 MCU, so it will not work without hardware modification.

More
28 Jan 2015 17:58 #28174 by victzh
Just for the reference, discussion about the differences between GD32 and STM32 on Russian forum (in Russian, sorry) forum.easyelectronics.ru/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20508 ,
documentation on the MCU in English www.realsense.com.cn/download/20140113/160325_159.pdf

More
01 May 2015 02:37 #31876 by rConix
Replied by rConix on topic Tactic TTX850 port?
Any progress with this ? The rcgroups thread indicated it might be a VET6 cpu, which from the datasheet has 512 KB flash ram and 64 KB SRAM.

More
01 May 2015 16:21 #31891 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Tactic TTX850 port?

rConix wrote: Any progress with this ? The rcgroups thread indicated it might be a VET6 cpu, which from the datasheet has 512 KB flash ram and 64 KB SRAM.

I don't know that anybody is working on it. The issue with the RF module being "smart" making a port to this Tx require hardware modification seems to have killed it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 May 2015 18:59 #31900 by victzh
Also, it's not THAT good for the price, and because it has larger size display it requires redesign of all the graphics.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds