Can Any help me with my F7

More
25 Mar 2015 22:37 - 25 Mar 2015 22:40 #30271 by djtrance
Can Any help me with my F7 was created by djtrance
Hi,
I have a devo F7. I changed the memory for a more big memory SST25VF032B, but the radio can`t use it. after a lot of test, I put again the original memory but this memory doesn't work. I has tried with a new original memory but I have the same problem. After some time working with saleae logic, now I can see that the CE pin, has not any change when I turn on the radio.
I'm triying to chafe the memory because I'm working on the devo F7 port, that has started microUAV. (there are a firmware that is working on the devo f7, but is not ready yet, there are a lot of work to do. actually I'm working on the emulator, but I want to test it on the tx)

PD: sorry my english :(
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Mar 2015 22:40 by djtrance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2015 23:28 #30273 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Can Any help me with my F7
if you remove the memory, do you see the CE toggling? It sems to me you likely have a connection issue either on the board or on the chip. Do you have an STMLink? you can actually manually toggle the pin in the debugger and see if it works. Are you sure deviation has the right pin defined for the memory? It is easy to make a really simple app that toggles pins and writes to the UART do you can make sure the hardware is properly working.

More
25 Mar 2015 23:43 #30274 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Can Any help me with my F7
PB, I'm testing with the original firmware. I haven't a STMLink. I think there are some problem with the Ce pin in the STM chip. I may have damaged the path between the STM and memory, when I put the new memory, but I can't see, which pin is it in the STM

More
26 Mar 2015 00:09 #30275 by PhracturedBlue
Again, I would just flash a tiny app that toggles the pin. It isn't difficult to write one. Then you don't need to guess as to whether there is a hardware issue or not. I would tend to agree that it very likely is a hardware issue though.

More
26 Mar 2015 00:17 #30276 by djtrance
is a good suggestion. This app maybe can turn the pin on or off if I turn one knob

More
26 Mar 2015 00:31 #30277 by PhracturedBlue
You can look at the source code here:
utils/multi-module/programmer
which has a pretty stripped-down code. you can then use:
while(1) {
   if(PWR_CheckPowerSwitch()) PWR_Shutdown();
   u32 buttons = ScanButtons();
    if(CHAN_ButtonIsPressed(buttons, BUT_ENTER) {
        //set pin
    } else{
        //clear pin
    }
}

More
26 Mar 2015 00:34 #30278 by djtrance
thanks PB. I will try to do this app.. and check it, if this pin is working.

More
31 Mar 2015 21:20 #30580 by djtrance
pb, I found the problem... There are a problem with the path from the pb2 (from the micro) to the memory. the CE pin on the memory is connected with a 10k resistor (pulldown) and with the path to pb2. but the union of both are broken. the union is exactly in the end of the chip serigraphic. I'm not sure how I can fix it, because if I use a solder, when I will put the memory can disappear the union, maybe I can use conductive paint.
what do you think?
If I can fix it.. I will start to check the problem of the porting firmware on the devo f7

More
31 Mar 2015 22:12 #30584 by PhracturedBlue
i'm not great with conductive paint but have used it before where soldering couldn't be done. another option is to put the memory chip on a piece of vero board (or even free-float it) with 30AWG wire attached to each of the terminals and then solder each wire to the pad. My devo8 is made up of several such bodges as it has had a very hard life as my primary development target

More
31 Mar 2015 22:22 #30586 by djtrance
I put a little wire between the path. now I think that the devo know that there are a memory... because before, when I try to shutdown, the devo can't because is trying to write into the memory, but how can't write, tried again. Now the devo can write I guess because the radio can turn off, but when I turn on the radio, I can see that there aren't safe my changes. maybe because the memory is not formatting in the devo format. I will try to upload the original firmware again, and maybe the devo will write on the new memory ( SST25VF032B)

More
31 Mar 2015 22:33 #30587 by djtrance
I can't find the firmware on the walkera website. ... :S

More
31 Mar 2015 22:45 #30589 by PhracturedBlue

More
31 Mar 2015 23:32 #30590 by djtrance
after some test I can say that the devo can't write on this memory. I will check with the saleae logic if there are something wrong. When I tried to upload a model to the memory with dfu, the radio say that has been write, but If I use the verify, its say that the memory return 0xff.

More
21 Apr 2015 22:42 - 21 Apr 2015 22:46 #31475 by djtrance
PB,
after that I use the saleae logic I think the memory is working how you can see in the image. but I don't know if is working how must to do, because, when I change some information on the model in the original firmware, and after this I turn off the radio, when I turn it on.. the radio haven't the change that I did. for this reason I will try it with the deviation firmware for f7 but I must be sure that the dfu firmware will not erase the original boot loader. How I can be sure that will not happen?.
the makefile has :
DFU_ARGS := -c 7 -b 0x08003000

the first image is when I turn on the radio, the secos is when I turn off the radio

Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Apr 2015 22:46 by djtrance.

More
22 Apr 2015 00:45 #31477 by PhracturedBlue
The deviation bootloader has code to prevent writing to the bootloader memory region. I have never overwritten the bootloader in all the testing I've ever done. If you have a STLink, you can restore the bootloader (I have the f7 bootloader if you need it) in an emergency.

To boot your code, you need to ensure you leave a hole at 0x 08005000 because the dfu code installs a checksum there. if you use the deviation devo7e.ld file, you should be ok.

I don't understand your Saleae logs. I would not ever expect to see clock with vdd low. I also didn't think that the hold or wp pins were even used on the Devo radio. I would expect them to be tied directly to Vdd. The CE transition doesn't make much sense with respect to the data I see either. So I can't help you with the logs you've provdided

More
22 Apr 2015 02:04 #31479 by djtrance
I will try with deviation... :P

More
22 Apr 2015 02:53 #31481 by djtrance
PB,

Good News... I have deviation on my devo F7 now. and the memory is working.. :D B)
so, I will start to change the gui, because there are a lot of work to do.
The bad news is that the memory can't work with the original firmware, I'm really don't know why, but is not a problem for now.
Attachments:

More
22 Apr 2015 03:36 #31483 by PhracturedBlue
You've tested that you can read and write to the F7 memory?
If so, that is great news. I am going to start work on the Devo F12E soon.
It would be great if you start with the current trunk code in the repo, create a branch and make your changes there and checkin frequently. I'm planning to start work on the F12E soon, and there may be some sharing that can be done between the F7and F12E.

More
22 Apr 2015 03:44 #31485 by djtrance
PB, I can write to the memory, (the wrote memory now, has the file system, the model and the protocol folder), I tested with devo protocol and it's working. now I will search for more information about the OSD chip, because would be interesting If I can write pixels, because without this, must be a hard job to change some things.
I have the MicroUAV code now. I think that is a Deviation 4.0.0 code. How you think is better to start?

More
22 Apr 2015 03:55 #31486 by PhracturedBlue
I would diff MicroUAV's code against the official 4.0.0 release, and then patch it into the trunk. That may be a lot of work, and I'd be willing to help with it if it is too hard.
The OSD chip does not support pixel writing (at least all the documentation we found said so)
I have a link to the OSD page here:
www.deviationtx.com/articles/17-hardware...hardware-connections

I am not sure of your native language, but I used google translate to convert the IA9211 documentation to English.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds