Can Any help me with my F7

More
19 May 2015 02:25 #32760 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Can Any help me with my F7
PB,
The problem with the trim bar is that when you push to up in the trim, the horizontal bar is changing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2015 02:55 #32762 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Can Any help me with my F7
I need to run my test script to determine if the buttons are properly mapped then. I'll look into it.

More
19 May 2015 03:49 #32763 by PhracturedBlue
Ok, I've fixed the trims. they should all work in the proper directions now.

More
19 May 2015 04:16 #32764 by PhracturedBlue
I've added your changes for the new character mappings. I also fixed the battery and txpower displays so they can show on the top row.

More
22 May 2015 02:46 #32856 by djtrance
PB, I updated the function that is calculating the voltage of the battery. is not too well yet, but is more close to the real voltage.

More
22 May 2015 03:15 #32857 by djtrance
PB, I fixed the LCD_Clear() function in devo F7, is working better now, the function is erasing the horizontal trim bar, but in the menu I saw that the function is not clearing all of the header.

More
25 May 2015 03:10 #32948 by djtrance
PB,
In the devo F7 the video function is not working. I saw the function, but I can't found the problem. I'm still working in the mix_curve function but is hard to do a function that show the curve with only "." dots.

More
25 May 2015 03:45 #32950 by PhracturedBlue
While you are free to try, I probably would give up on the curve function. I assumed we'd just need to display the x/y values rather than trying to draw them.
I know that the F7 video doesn't work. I have spent no effort to enable it on the F7 as yet. MicroUAV never completed that work either. I'll get to it eventually.

More
26 May 2015 01:16 #32990 by djtrance
PB,
MicroUAV has in the code the function for the video. when you set the R+, the video is turn int on, with the L- you can change the channel. I'm using the same code to turn it on the video, and the screen showing the video for a half of second. but maybe the video channel is not working well, because with my video TX on the channel 2 I have a video, but is not showing well. Maybe is the setting that is working for PAL and my video camera (walkera camera) is on NTSC.

More
27 May 2015 20:46 #33076 by djtrance
PB,
Now I have the video tx working, Is basically a copy of the F12E function with the gpio of the devo F7. The channels are only 8, I must change the numbers for F7 because the initial channel on f12E is 0 and into the F7 is 1. I will upload the code tonight I guess.
Maybe in the future we can do a spi driver for the video rx, because with some little modification, we can use all of band in this video Rx, but is required a modification on the video board.
I have know some code to the graphics of the mix curve function, I'm not ready to release it, obviously will not have the same quality like devo10 but we can see something similar.

More
28 May 2015 02:31 #33088 by djtrance
Pb,
Here is the video working on devof7. The code has been uploaded to my fork

Attachments:

More
28 May 2015 03:57 #33096 by PhracturedBlue
Nice. I merged all this into the trunk. you don't need to continue working on the 'devof7' branch anymore.

The only thing I didn't merge is this:
 void LCD_Clear(unsigned int i)
 {
     // Set the character size to 1dot for all lines
-    for(i = 0; i < LCD_SCREEN_LINES; i++) {
+    for(i = 0; i <= LCD_SCREEN_LINES; i++) {
         LCD_Cmd(LCD_IA911_CHAR_SIZE | i);
         lcd_show_line("", i, LCD_ALIGN_LEFT, 0);
     }
Thatdoesn't look right. If LCD_SCREEN_LINES is the wrong size, we should just increase it. Can you explain why this is needed?

More
28 May 2015 23:13 #33150 by djtrance
PB, in devof7 the LCD_Clear cannot erase the last line, because the LCD_SCREEN_LINES is the same like the last line, and how the function is define to i < LCD_SCREEN_LINES, the line that has the trim_bar cannot be erase.
when you say that I must not work in the devof7 branch,
what do you mind? must I work on the default?

More
28 May 2015 23:25 #33151 by PhracturedBlue
You can work on the devof7 branch if you like. Just it is no longer needed.

There are 12 lines defined, and the count is zero based, so the lines are numbered 0 through 11. That is why we use i < LCD_SCREEN_LINES. So using i <= LCD_SCREEN_LINES would clear 13 lines which doesn't match. Soeither LCD_SCREEN_LINES should be '13' or something else is wrong.

More
28 May 2015 23:39 #33152 by djtrance
It is not ready, but this is how must look the mix_curver

Attachments:

More
30 May 2015 20:43 #33266 by djtrance
Pb, I have some question about how is calling the LCD_drawline() in the mix.
For example, when you want to see the ABSval.
Now the LCD_drawline is working, but it is not showing to well, because I need more information of the "pixel" that must be writing on the screen. how I'm using the center dot and the normal dot "." for drawing, I need to know how is the pending between 3 points, but actually the function that is calling the function LCD_drawline() is only sending one pixel near to the next position, and if I try to know the pending between of this I only know if the curve is going down or up, but I have not information of the next point, and this is very important, because the resolution that we can have with only one dot is too little, but if I change the type of dot for every circunstance, I can simulate a better curve.

More
30 May 2015 21:43 #33268 by PhracturedBlue
I'm not sure I understand. the LCD_DrawLine function has 2 points (x1, y1) and (x2, y2). I don't understand how you would get 3 points from that. If what you want is increade resolution, you could look at the work I did for the F12E, or you could look at how double-size fonts work. On the F12E we create a virtual canvas (maximum size is 72x72) which is mapped into 24 custom font characters. You can only use lcd_gfx functions inside that window and it works by creating custom font characters. The latter part isn't possible on the F7, but you could potentially generate a higher resolution matrix (maybe 2 pixels per character) that would give you the info you need.
The font doubling works by doubling the line height (and width) . So for the F12E, we tell Deviation the screen is 66x26 even through in realitywe can only display 33x13 characters. this half-step is useful for alignment and maybe thatwould work for you as well.

More
08 Jun 2015 23:41 #33669 by djtrance
I will see this function, maybe this is what i'm looking.

More
06 Jun 2016 14:11 #50037 by djtrance
Hi PB,
I will restart my works on F7, I don't really know the actual state of the firmware, I'm still working on my fork on bitbucket.
I want to work on the drawing function for a mix_curver but maybe you can say me what do you thing is more important to fix in this TX,

More
06 Jun 2016 15:56 #50043 by PhracturedBlue
Several users are using this (albeit on a F4), but there are lots of little screen issues that need work. there are several open tickets on the bugtracker, or you can ask in the F4 trhead for feedback. You definitely need to start with the current nightly builds though. There has been a huge amount of code reoganization since 5.0 was released, and porting changes from older code to the current trunk could be challenging depending on the scope. Also, we moved from bitbucket to github, so you'll need to refresh everything anyway.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds