More pages/mixers in Custom mixer

More
25 Jul 2015 12:27 #35952 by Rand__
More pages/mixers in Custom mixer was created by Rand__
Hi,

would it be possible to add more pages to the custom mixer? Or is there a processing/memory limitation?
I am using a 6ch RX and cleanflight and try to crowd in as many different values in a single channel to use in mode selection and adjustments in CF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2015 13:24 #35956 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic More pages/mixers in Custom mixer
DeviationTx is more flexible than most of the firmware shipped on commercial Tx's, so it should be capable of doing everything they can do, and then some. So if you're running into problems with deviationTx, then you're trying to do things that would be impossible on those Tx's.

Which makes me think that something has gone awry here. Possible if you could describe what you're trying to do in more detail, we could figure out if that's the case.

Meanwhile, there are two tricks with deviationTx that can extend things that may not be obvious.

First, you can use a pair of trim switches as an two-way "mode dial", switching between values with an arbitrary fixed spacing. So if you wanted 20 modes 5% apart, you could set that up. They even beep in the middle.

Second, you can set up a virtual channel that has 10 of your modes, then use it in your output channel with a single mix using that virtual channel as a source with a 1-1 curve. So using the existing 10 virtual channels, you can get 100 different output modes in a single channel. I use this trick to make my Phoenix sim model flip between an "helicopter" (with flight mode, pitch and gyro channels) and "airlane" (with gear, flaps & air brake channels).

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
25 Jul 2015 13:32 #35957 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic More pages/mixers in Custom mixer
@mwm:
could you share that phoenix ini file? sound very interesting.

More
25 Jul 2015 13:54 #35959 by mwm
Attached.

I also did a blog entry about it. That's old enough that a lot of the details are wrong, and it no longer describes the actual model file, but it might help understand how to do things like this:

rc.mired.org/2013/07/configuring-deviati...-on-devo-10-for.html

Attachments:

More
25 Jul 2015 14:26 #35961 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic More pages/mixers in Custom mixer
Thank you very much.

More
25 Jul 2015 17:58 - 25 Jul 2015 18:03 #35967 by Rand__
Replied by Rand__ on topic More pages/mixers in Custom mixer
I can show you what I am doing;)
I split up one channel into 10+ different distinct values and each specific value is assigned an adjustment or mode selection in CF.
Each adjustment gets a minimum slice (room for improvement on CF;)) so i can set up many different adjustments (eg using 3 3way switches) using just one channel.

Additionally I handle ARM and mode selection - buzzer didnt have a free mixer in deviation to use;)

I've set this up as complex mixer on ch5.
[channel5]
max=130
min=-130
scalar-=100
template=complex
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=RUD DR0
scalar=-115
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=GEAR0
dest=Ch5
switch=RUD DR1
offset=5
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=RUD DR2
offset=11
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=ELE DR0
scalar=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=ELE DR1
scalar=5
muxtype=add
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch5
switch=ELE DR2
scalar=11
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=AIL DR1
scalar=18
muxtype=add
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL DR1
dest=Ch5
switch=AIL DR2
scalar=37
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE1
scalar=55
muxtype=add
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE2
scalar=111
muxtype=add
curvetype=fixed

It looks like using several virtual channels would enable me to user more then 10 mixers - that probably will do the trick, gotta give it a try - thanks:)
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jul 2015 18:03 by Rand__. Reason: typos

More
25 Jul 2015 20:25 #35974 by mwm
Ok, so what's happened is that you're using the extra flexibility of deviation to get more control of cleanflight directly than I think they pictured anyone doing. Given that tuning the thing should be relatively rare, I'd be tempted to use one of the two extra trim switches to cycle through those values on channel five, and put channel fives value in a display box. I figure remembering those values should be about as painful as remembering switch setting, and this is a much less complicated setup.

The virtual channels trick will help. In fact, putting all this in one virtual channel, and having a switch to use it on channel 5, and otherwise you use the switches to get between flight modes for normal flight instead of tuning might make things less error prone no matter how you select a tuning mode.

There's also a technique you can use to get 3 values from a 3-way switch with two mixers. The first mixer uses a fixed curve type with one of the switches enabling it, just like you are doing now. The second mixer is enabled by inverting the switch used to enable the previous mixer, the curve type is min/max, and the source is one of the two switches not being used. You'll need to adjust the scale & offset to get the two values you want in that case.

With that, you can use one channel and have different values for all possible states for the five 3-way switches I think the Devo 12 has.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds