RPM headspeed

More
06 Sep 2015 13:29 #37494 by Lyndros
RPM headspeed was created by Lyndros
I would like guys to ask that what do you think if we include a new parameter in the model file in order to provide the gear ratio. In this way we will be able to compute the real headspeed and show it in the main screen, to be honest i am not interested in the motor RPM.

What do you think?

I saw another thread in the general but I can not find if there was a resolution for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2015 19:49 #37509 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic RPM headspeed
I've not dealt with RPM sensors, so I'm not sure I understand quite what you're asking. However, I'm about to dive into the FrSky telemetry code, if not the general telemetry code, so I'm interested in this issue. And at some point I expect to be looking for feedback on my changes, so...

It seems like this would have issues similar to the FrSky AD readings. Those are built into the Rx, and read voltage values from 0-4.2V. The "sensors" are just resistor networks to bring your voltage down into that range. There's a setting in the Tx to adjust the gain so you can multiple the reported value to get a real value.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
07 Sep 2015 04:25 #37524 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic RPM headspeed
For DSM telemetry RPM sensor should have two parameters, number of motor poles (by default = 2) and gear ratio (by default = 1): RPM = 120000000 / number_of_poles(2, 4, ... 32) / gear_ratio(0.01 - 30.99) / Value

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds