Deviation for Devo F4?

More
06 Nov 2015 03:03 #39638 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Deviation for Devo F4?

Epitaph wrote: I see the dilemma... but there isn't a way to do a "lite" version then?

We're already doing a lite version. The 7e is missing the layout editor and data logging facilities as well as dynamically loading protocols to make it fit at all. There are two projects underway to squeeze more memory out of it which are taking developer time away from other things. We also have desirable changes that are on hold because they won't fit in the 7e and change the configuration file, so just turning them off would break compatibility between the transmitters. That's why I put up the survey - to find out what user-visible things we could do to get more memory would least upset people.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2015 03:13 #39639 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
I personally am really happy with my 7E as it is with the night build I have in it now. Some people love to have hundreds of eggs from all types of birds in one basket, I personally prefer to have a selection of baskets with the eggs more classified into groups. So even if the new firmware gets released, I don't know if I would change, as I have it more than covering my needs as is now.

Of the Devo range right now I have the 7E which I use for all my RTF and small parkflyer stuff, and the F4 which I got mainly for using with FPV flying wings, which I doubt I will have 15 of those, so 15 model memory is plenty for me on that!! I do have a non-Devo transmitter that I use for my bigger stuff, which is my classic MPX Profi MC3010, but I am debating saving up to get a Devo 10 or maybe even go all the way to a 12S for other certain models. But seeing as I won't ever accumulate enough models to fill any of them up, they are plenty for my needs!!

I was asking about deviating the F4 to add a few more features to it for things like rates, protocols, a couple of additional channels, stuff like that, because I was very impressed with the work you have all done on the 7E, converting a very basic transmitter into a transmitter that people can even be proud to have. I don't think I know anybody that buys a 7E to keep stock anymore!!

More
10 Nov 2015 20:52 #39856 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Ok,
The devo f4 is very similar to F7. Maybe I can do is a special build for F4. must not be too different like F7, but I need to know the pinout of the buttons.
about the memory, the f4 has the same problem like F7. it has a little memory, even less than 7e. In my case I changed the memory to the same like devo10, but with this change you cannot use the original firmware.
do you have the original firmware for your devo F4?
Its very important to have it, because i don't have to much time to work on this firmware and maybe I will put the firmware but it will take a lot of week to put a new version, and in the mid time, you can use it with the original.

More
10 Nov 2015 21:42 - 10 Nov 2015 21:43 #39862 by Epitaph
I have been looking for the firmware for the F4, but can't seem to download it from anywhere... it always come up something like "file no longer exists" or just your simple "404" message. I have the 0.2A version on mine (100mW), is there any way to copy the firmware FROM the transmitter??

And about the pinouts, what do you need to know.
Last edit: 10 Nov 2015 21:43 by Epitaph.

More
10 Nov 2015 21:48 #39864 by djtrance
someone in the forum know how to see the old site, but i don't remember the name.
About the pinout. I need to know the path between the buttons and the MCU (wich pin are connected to the pots and button)

More
10 Nov 2015 21:49 #39865 by FDR

More
10 Nov 2015 21:50 #39866 by Epitaph
You mean the 6 buttons on the other side of the green board... ok, that's going to take a little while, but I can get it done for you in the short spurts of spare time I have :)

More
10 Nov 2015 21:53 #39869 by Epitaph
ok... FDR... I officially hate you!! I have been looking for that for hours with no luck, and you got it in 10 seconds flat!!

hahahahah

More
10 Nov 2015 22:21 #39873 by Epitaph
OK... this is getting a bit confusing because I'm getting continuity on several pins on the main processor from the stick signal pins... the only thing I can think of is marking down each one where it's getting continuity...

More
10 Nov 2015 22:32 - 10 Nov 2015 23:19 #39874 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Do you mean the button matrix connections? The buttons are part of a matrix, and I think PB mapped some of it out for the F12 and F7. I've copied the actual processor pins here , but the matrix is in the Articles under Hardware Documentation.

I've been meaning to update the spreadsheet with these matrices, and I've gotten it started already. I'll post an update as soon as I can.

Here is the matrix for the Devo F7:
Devo F7B.5B.6B.7B.8
C.6RUD TLRUD TRELE TUELE TD
C.7NCENTR+L-
C.8THR TUTHR TDAIL TRAIL TL
C.9NCDN-UP+EXT

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Last edit: 10 Nov 2015 23:19 by Deal57. Reason: Add Devo F7 Button Matrix

More
10 Nov 2015 23:24 #39880 by Epitaph
I can't seem to figure out the actual pot pinouts, as they are all over the place, but none are giving constant, but rather with resistance. I don't know if you know of any way I can help you figure those out...

Anyway, here's the first lot, which are the trims. If you look on one of my previous photos you can see how the trims go, with the yellow on the centre, and the red and black on either end, so basically the yellow is the common to both of the buttons on one trim knob.

i151.photobucket.com/albums/s123/HororoK...rims_zpsyftqlruf.jpg

Some of the pins are sharing on the chip, like the aileron trim yellow and rudder trim yellow, both going to the same pin.

Also, just to point out, this is how it is marked on the main board which is marked up in MODE 1, meaning that where I put down elevator trim, is actually the left vertical trim, which in MODE 1 is elevator... seems they like to mark them up in MODE 1 in the Walkera factory. Just thought I'd best point that out. The aileron and rudder trims are correct for MODE 2.

Anyway, hope this helps a bit, in the mean time, I'll start figuring out the menu buttons.

More
11 Nov 2015 00:05 - 11 Nov 2015 00:18 #39882 by Epitaph
Here's the pinout for the left hand side buttons (UP+, DN- and EXT)

i151.photobucket.com/albums/s123/HororoK...tons_zps2hydst4l.jpg
Last edit: 11 Nov 2015 00:18 by Epitaph.

More
11 Nov 2015 00:31 #39885 by Epitaph
And here's the pinout for the right hand buttons (R+, L- and ENT)

i151.photobucket.com/albums/s123/HororoK...tons_zpstpm4jmlu.jpg

More
11 Nov 2015 02:20 #39892 by djtrance
I build a du file, but I have some problems with the filesystem for devof4. tomorrow I will try to fix it.
can you test it the dfu?
I hope there will not problems with the original boot loader, because must have the same sector like f7 and 7e.
but you must take your risk.
this is the dfu file.
www.dropbox.com/s/5c74bc7d1p1hwn3/devof4.dfu?dl=0

More
11 Nov 2015 02:26 #39893 by djtrance
here is a filesystem. but has problems. if you can use it, please tell me.
www.dropbox.com/s/5wc166qgg4ltlb4/devof4.zip?dl=0

More
11 Nov 2015 02:42 #39895 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
I've updated the matrix spreadsheet to include both the pin number and function name for the button matrices. I hope you find it useful.
Spreadsheet of Devo Processor Pin Functions

In looking at the F4 photos (thanks, Epitaph!) it seems like the pin numbers match up with the pins used by the Devo 7e and (presumably) the F7. The row pins are 37 (PC6), 38 (PC7), 39 (PC8) and 40 (PC9), and the column pins are 57 (PB5), 58 (PB6), 59 (PB7) and 61 (PB8).

I still need to examine the pins closely. I'll post an update if needed, and please let me know if I've missed anything!

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
11 Nov 2015 02:42 #39896 by Epitaph
OK; I've downloaded the files, and I've flashed the DFU file into it, turned off, turned on again and it was completely dead, no screen, no sound, nothing. I tried the usual turning on with ENT pressed also to enter USB mode to load the files, and still nothing, basically I couldn't do anything at all with it.

So I reloaded the original firmware FDR linked me to, and it's working again with normal Devention.

More
11 Nov 2015 02:44 #39897 by Epitaph

Deal57 wrote: In looking at the F4 photos (thanks, Epitaph!) it seems like the pin numbers match up with the pins used by the Devo 7e and (presumably) the F7.

You're welcome, I'm glad they were of use to you ;)

More
11 Nov 2015 02:47 #39898 by djtrance
ok, maybe the screen are not connected in the same pins like devo f7. I only changed some configuration from the F7. I need to take more attention about the pinout of the F4. but this will be tomorrow.

More
11 Nov 2015 02:53 #39899 by Epitaph

djtrance wrote: ok, maybe the screen are not connected in the same pins like devo f7. I only changed some configuration from the F7. I need to take more attention about the pinout of the F4. but this will be tomorrow.

Normally I get the buzzer sounding when I turn on, same as with my 7e, but with this DFU I got nothing at all, it was as if I was trying to turn it on with no battery in. I'm glad I got it back working again though (EXT when turning on brought it back into flashing mode as if nothing had happened), I guess trial and error is just part of the game hehehe.

One thing, I can't test it out fully because at this moment I don't have a Devo receiver (it's in the mail), or a video system (I have a VTx, but the camera is broken, replacement is also in the mail) so I can test the system itself, and I can test other protocols like DSM2 and DSMX which I have some receivers here for, but I can't test video quite yet or the Devo protocol.

If you need me to try and figure out any more pinouts, just let me know!!

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds