OpenLRS/UltimeLRS

More
01 Dec 2015 11:47 #40528 by povlhp
OpenLRS/UltimeLRS was created by povlhp
Hi.
Would it be possible to do/get full 2-way communications with 433MHz modules, as those used for UltimateLRS/OpenLRS ?
PPM out -> 433MHz module would work fine. But getting telemetry data back is likely the issue here ? With an APM flight controller, we are getting MavLink back. Other FCs will have other ways to send telemetry back.

Seems like there is another discussion on 2-way trainer port. But it is different. Here it is telemetry we want to get in. I would be willing to solder something, if we can't find another solution. Or I will have to live without telemetry. (PPM out -> ULRS + Tablet->BT->Bt->ULRS) -> plane/quad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2015 04:12 #40674 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic OpenLRS/UltimeLRS
The problem is devo doesn't support serial data in like is needed to display MAVlink. You have another option tho, use the trainer port for ppm out to you ulrs out but instead of trying to get the telemetry data into your devo (which again can't use it) simply send it off to a TTL adapt running on a OTG phone or tablet or even send it to a Bluetooth bridge and then connect any NON-OTG device wirelessly.

I'm pretty new to APM and MAVlink and I debated this for a long time. I'm not scared of a little bodge work but in the end I decided my 7E was at its limits anyway and I asked Santa for a Taranis.

I'm not saying devo isn't right for you. If you like the phone / tablet method devo has no problems working with LRS as far as control. But to get MAVlink data on screen is gonna be just a huge amount of work on your part cause again it's absolutely not supported.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds