Devo 7E build failure (80bytes over rom size)

More
03 Mar 2016 17:10 #44030 by CircadianRebel
Devo 7E build failure (80bytes over rom size) was created by CircadianRebel
I just set up the build environment last night and tried building the latest deviation from bitbucket for the devo7e, and I ran in to a build failure. It appears the build is 80 bytes too large.

Can anyone confirm whether the current code fails to build for devo7e or whether I should look for an issue with my build environment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2016 19:11 #44036 by sbstnp
There are some optimizations in the toolchain that could reduce the size. In the meantime you should check if you have this commit in and then disable the layout editor.

bitbucket.org/deviationtx/deviation/comm...d67903fb8bf19a551d77

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
03 Mar 2016 19:37 #44037 by CircadianRebel
Replied by CircadianRebel on topic Devo 7E build failure (80bytes over rom size)
Okay thanks.

Is there an up to date documentation on the state of the dev environment and building? It seems a lot of the various places are out of date. e.g. the toolchain on the downloads page no longer works.

More
03 Mar 2016 19:41 #44038 by CircadianRebel
Replied by CircadianRebel on topic Devo 7E build failure (80bytes over rom size)
For the record, yeah, I have that changelist. I'm not building for the emulator though, and that seems to only apply for the emulator. The layout editor is disabled in the device build I am building.

I spent a little time looking for space to trim last night in case it's broken and not just a build environment issue (and found a couple hundred bytes).

More
03 Mar 2016 19:48 #44039 by hexfet
I haven't been able to build the 7e with any gcc newer than 4.8 for some time. I use gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3.

Have not dug in to whether changing gcc options on the newer compilers might reduce code size.

More
03 Mar 2016 19:51 - 03 Mar 2016 19:54 #44040 by sbstnp
Oh yeah I misread that commit (6am in the morning here :) need coffee)

I remember there were significant differences between the same toolchain but different versions at some point, let me look for the thread ...here I think it is: www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-and-devo7e-features

I have no idea if the optimizations still apply, I don't usually build for the 7E so I'm kind of out of the loop.

Hope it helps

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 03 Mar 2016 19:54 by sbstnp.

More
04 Mar 2016 03:11 #44071 by mwm
This was my fault - I had a bad merge that picked up some experimental FrSky telemetry changes. I have backed those out and pushed the results to the default branch.

Unfortunately, I had also merged in some protocol changes from goebish earlier this evening. Those also added enough bytes to break the 7E build, so they got backed out as well :( , just adding to the mess in the repository.

But what I just pushed to the team repository now builds on the 7e with gcc-arm-embedded-4_9-2015q2-20150609.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds