deviation builds for Ultimate 7e

More
09 Mar 2016 20:00 #44338 by Fernandez
deviation builds for Ultimate 7e was created by Fernandez
Maybe stupid question, for release of a new build, how do we generate all the different firmware for each Tx, is it derived from same code. Is each Tx a seperate written code and compile? Is it automated bacth process?

I am asking this as we do still have the idea of "Ultimate Devo 7e", replacing the cpu and memory in it.
If we can have "this Ultimte devo 7e" builds listed, I'll solder the new CPU (and I think many of us will) and we get rid of all those limitations and we can have really powerfull small tx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2016 20:30 #44340 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic deviation builds for Ultimate 7e
All is build from the same sources, not necessarily from exactly same files. Some files are generic, some are for support of specific Devo. I thought about replacing Devo 7E MCU as well.
You'll also need to flash a bootloader, someone in this forum had an experience with it as far as I can recall.

More
09 Mar 2016 22:23 #44342 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic deviation builds for Ultimate 7e
I still like the idea of adding bluetooth and moving everything interactive to a phone app. Keeping just the flight code native to the Devo. Could end up with a much nicer GUI and lots more space.

More
10 Mar 2016 04:41 #44349 by phantom8
Replied by phantom8 on topic deviation builds for Ultimate 7e
Making a custom build for the ultimate 7e shouldn't be difficult. Download the latest Deviation source and look at the target_defs.h file under target/devo7e directory. This is where you can enable additional features for the 7e.

I've a couple of STM32F103RCT6 coming and will try to replace the CPU with hot air gun. Hope I won't ruin the transmitter.

For replacing the bootloader, you can follow PB's post here. However, one thing I'm not certain is if we need to write the bootloader twice, as mentioned by SadSack.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...-7e-bootloader#34250

More
10 Mar 2016 07:58 #44357 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic deviation builds for Ultimate 7e
Myself and probably many of us here are not that hardcore deviators/coders but like to tweak and diy etc, meaning we are willing to mod, but only if it is being supported, so that the new nightlies etc will be build for the Ultimate 7e.
As doing this mod is pretty destructive, when no bulids/support appear the upgraded Ultimate Tx is pretty usesless.....

More
10 Mar 2016 09:56 #44366 by Richard96816

phantom8 wrote: ...
For replacing the bootloader, you can follow PB's post here. However, one thing I'm not certain is if we need to write the bootloader twice, as mentioned by SadSack.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...-7e-bootloader#34250

PB's instructions in that post worked fine for me.

More
10 Mar 2016 13:24 #44374 by phantom8
Replied by phantom8 on topic deviation builds for Ultimate 7e

Richard96816 wrote: PB's instructions in that post worked fine for me.

Is that meant you only write the bootloader to address 0x08000000? Or did you also write it to address 0x08030000?

More
10 Mar 2016 16:03 #44381 by Richard96816
It's been a while. But that post was all I had at the time. I followed it exactly.

If it doesn't work for you you can always try again. Nothing to break there.

More
10 Mar 2016 17:24 #44383 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic deviation builds for Ultimate 7e
One alternative is to not burn the Walkera bootloader. You can then use the STM dfuse tool, or one of the open source alternatives. It will require a custom build without the "encryption" used by Walkera. If you use an STM32 chip that already has a USB bootloader on it, you may not need to burn a second bootloader at all. Probably require yet more hardware mods to enable the "boot to bootloader" feature, though.

As for support, after the sound stuff is done, I'm going to look at reworking the hardware configuration to allow a more modder-friendly configuration. At a bare minimum, things like adding switches or other inputs shouldn't require a custom build. Supporting things like the ultimate devo7E is one of the goals of that project.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds