Devo 7e telemetry notifications

More
27 Jul 2016 18:02 #52216 by anansi22
Devo 7e telemetry notifications was created by anansi22
Is there any way to have distinct sounding warnings for battery voltage and rssi in telemetry setup. Currently the battery beeps sounds the same as telemetry warnings (<=42) when the model is far away. If flying fpv and it beeps you have no way of knowing which it is unless you take off your display and look at the radio screen.

I would like to have a double short beep for rssi and continuous for low rssi. Single long beeps for battery warning.

Battery: beep 5s beep....
Rssi: bi-beep 3s bi-beep...
Rssi low: continuous beep

Is there a way to achieve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2016 21:08 - 27 Jul 2016 21:17 #52220 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo 7e telemetry notifications
Absolutely, a Google search of this site should find specific instructions but all you need to do is point each alarm condition to a different alarm number. You can even edit each sound into little tunes or sirens or whatever. I don't have the link saved but it's for sure documented somewhere.

Edit: here's the link
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...for-telemetry-alarms

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 27 Jul 2016 21:17 by Cereal_Killer.

More
28 Jul 2016 13:32 #52232 by anansi22
Replied by anansi22 on topic Devo 7e telemetry notifications
Searched using the wrong string. Awesome! That works - thanks!!

More
27 Sep 2016 14:33 #54335 by Koekebeest
Replied by Koekebeest on topic Devo 7e telemetry notifications
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to set RSSI alarm on my devo 7e. In the telemetry config map you can set it to RSSI but after that is says 0d? What is that about? Do I need to change that?

Hope someone can help me out.

Bye.

More
27 Sep 2016 18:19 - 27 Sep 2016 18:31 #54341 by Cereal_Killer
d in that field is dbi, that's the value the rssi number represents (in this instance [frsky telemetey] what it actually means is highly debatable lol) but generally I set two RSSI alarms, one a lower priority alarm I set at 45 and then a higher priority alarm I set at 42. Note there is actually a very large difference in range from 45 down to 42, I don't know the actual math to figure it out but I know that it's more than double the range increase is needed to decrease RSSI just those three points.

By the way I used two alarms because that's what I'm used to from taranis, it starts out with a warning and then gives you an actual alarm after that so I have one that's just a single beep triggered @ <45 and then I have a siren sounding alarm which triggers <42.

Edited to add:
According to FrSky (OpenTx-U) documentation at 38dbi you're dropping too many packets for the receiver to be able to repair the output and you'll start seeing dropouts, below 35 and you will be in Fail-Safe. They recommend never setting your final alarm under 37 even if you like pushing your luck. I consider my warning / alarm of 42 / 45 to be relatively conservative, if you set it at 50 I think you would be too over-the-top conservative and that you'd see alarms when you didn't need to.

Last edit: 27 Sep 2016 18:31 by Cereal_Killer.

More
28 Sep 2016 02:33 #54347 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 7e telemetry notifications
dB is a measure of the difference in strength between two signals, so you can't really know what the value you've got means without knowing what it's relative to. On the Tx side (we don't implement that in Deviation, but the Taranis does) it's a number that comes from the CYRF chip. I suspect the same is true on the Rx side. I suspect that it's dBb above nothing, but I'm not sure.

The values reported by deviation are the same as the values reported on the Taranis, and I did this on purpose, so we could use the FrSky documentation on how to treat those values. That suggests a pair of alarms at 45 and 42. Since the Taranis is a FrSky product, it's not surprising that they also use that. And yeah, that's what I use as well.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Sep 2016 03:30 #54348 by Cereal_Killer

mwm wrote: Since the Taranis is a FrSky product, it's not surprising that they also use that.

Just in the name of being punctual; Taranis actually uses 50 and 45 as default values (at least since open-tx 2.0 and still to the most recent 2.2RC). 42 and 45 are [still conservative] values I decided on after lots of research online (RCGroups, here and at OpenTx-U) which I started looking at because @ 50 I was getting unwarranted alarm triggers that did nothing but make me uneasy. That's why I added the last line to my post above that I really feel 50 is to high of a setting even if you're trying to be extra safe.
Koekebeest, there really isnt one set of numbers that's right for everyone just like there's no way to say just how much farther you can go between 45 and 42... It all depends on your flying location / style, the local noise floor and the size of your balls.

More
28 Sep 2016 10:59 #54364 by Koekebeest
Replied by Koekebeest on topic Devo 7e telemetry notifications
Wow, thanks for that load of information! I think I get it. Hehe.

I will just input those values and see what happens and maybe tweak it for me and my location.

Cheers!

More
28 Sep 2016 11:46 - 28 Sep 2016 11:49 #54365 by ketsa
Replied by ketsa on topic Devo 7e telemetry notifications
And someone has a recommended value to set the RSSI alarm for the new AFHDS2A protocol telemetry ?
Last edit: 28 Sep 2016 11:49 by ketsa. Reason: (please fix my english).

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds