CC2500 and 9XD (eachine Tiny QX90)

More
30 Aug 2016 18:32 - 30 Aug 2016 18:32 #53292 by Koekebeest
CC2500 and 9XD (eachine Tiny QX90) was created by Koekebeest
Hi lads,

I was wondering if this receiver on thise model http://www.banggood.com/Tiny-QX90-90mm-Micro-FPV-Racing-Quadcopter-BNF-Based-On-F3-Flight-Controller-FrSKY-Taranis-X9D-p-1069614.html is already supported on the CC2500 mod on the devo 7e. Couldn't find any recent documentation on it but the latest ddevation firmware has the frskyx on it. So I was figuring does that include the 9XD?

On the website they say this:

Compatible with:
FRSKY taranis X9D(D8 Mode)
XJT (D8 Mode),DJT DFT DHT BIND and Flight

Would be great if it works I kinda want to try this thing out. Affordable and fun I think.

Please let me know.

Best regards!

Cooky
Last edit: 30 Aug 2016 18:32 by Koekebeest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2016 19:38 - 30 Aug 2016 19:42 #53294 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic CC2500 and 9XD (eachine Tiny QX90)
I CAN NOT confirm however the setup page on Banggood shows you put the Taranis into D8 mode, that's the same mode as D series receivers (D4R-ii, D8R). That's the standard FrSky protocol on Devo, NOT FrSky-X.

Either way you'll need the CC2500 but from every indication that page shows you can bind to it with Devo with a standard release, not Hexfet's FrSky-X builds.

Standard Devo has FrSky (D series) and FrSky-V8 (V8 series) in the regular releases then again, Hexfet has FrSky-X (X series like the X4R with S.Port telemetry) protocol in his test build trunk. From all that I see this will work with a standard build

Edit: Even the text you've copied / pasted above states D8 mode! Yes I'm sure it'll work...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 30 Aug 2016 19:42 by Cereal_Killer.

More
30 Aug 2016 21:18 #53305 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic CC2500 and 9XD (eachine Tiny QX90)
yes the rx that comes with this quad binds with the normal frsky protocol as Cereal_Killer says, it's also amazingly small and light!

More
31 Aug 2016 14:42 #53335 by Koekebeest
Replied by Koekebeest on topic CC2500 and 9XD (eachine Tiny QX90)
Yeah that sounds logical. Learned something again today
Thanks Cereal and Harry! I am going to buy this little sucker now :P

More
09 Sep 2016 04:23 #53666 by bangster
Replied by bangster on topic CC2500 and 9XD (eachine Tiny QX90)
Anyone have any helpful hints on getting it to bind? I have been trying to set it up as a new model on the transmitter, I don't have a model.ini file for it (or any of the other quads so far). It never saves it, I assume it won't until it binds.

I have a Devo 7e with the 3n1 module from BangGood installed. I have bound to toy quads using the other modules (A715 and a Hubsan X4 H107C, the NRF24L01 and Floureon H101), and it shows that the CC2500 is installed (no more * next to FrSky). I installed Deviation 5.0.0 (I want to do a test build from someone that supports the E010 but I want to get it to work with this quad first). I have not added any extra switches yet, and haven't enabled them in the setup.

I have heard that the CC2500 module in the particular 3n1 I installed is not great, and that I have to use the freq fine and freq course to dial it in. I have tried both fine from -127 to 127 in 10 and 20 count steps, and course from -127 to 127 in 10 and 20 count steps. I get a variety of results.

Model setup:
  • Model Setup: Multi
  • Tx power: 150mw (it goes from auto to this when I select Frsky)
  • PPM in: none
  • selecting Frsky and adjusting fine and course freq (only one at a time, when I do fine I leave course at 0, and adjust course I leave fine at 0.
  • Fixed ID: None (at some point it might have set itself at 123456)
  • # channels: 8
  • Mixer GUI: Advanced

I press the button on the receiver and plug in the battery (I need a third arm to do this as many times as I have), and get a solid green light
on the Devo I press ENT while on the Bind selection, and it says it is trying
Depending on where I have the freq, I can get mainly one of the two conditions below:
  • as soon as I press Bind the green light flashes, then when the transmitter stops trying to bind, the green light goes solid and I can try binding again (after changing the freq)
  • a second or so after I press Bind the green light goes out, then once the transmitter stops trying to bind, it goes to flashing and I have the disconnect battery and press button to get back in bind mode
  • I get indication from the quad that it sees it trying to bind, light stays on solid

I am a serious newbie, I have a bunch of toy quads and some frankenstein quads (like an H101 board on an X9 shell) using the stock transmitters, and can't get much past hovering, but want to try a fairly cheap FPV quad to see how that goes.

I figure once it goes from Bind to re-init and populates the id that means it is bound? It took me awhile to figure out how to arm the ones I bound (the H101 is right stick side to side), but I am still not bound for this quad to get there I don't think.

More
09 Sep 2016 12:18 #53685 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic CC2500 and 9XD (eachine Tiny QX90)

bangster wrote:

• a second or so after I press Bind the green light goes out, then once the transmitter stops trying to bind, it goes to flashing and I have the disconnect battery and press button to get back in bind mode

This sounds like correct behavior to me. FrSky is backwards: light starts solid, when it starts blinking it's bound.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
    10 Sep 2016 00:16 #53704 by bangster
    Thanks! The information that came with the QX90 said the light should go out, then you disconnect battery and reconnect it. So I have been able to get it to bind! Now to figure out why it goes nearly full throttle (I was semi smart and removed the props and rigged the battery for easy disconnect).

I think it has to do with the throttle not going to -100% but to 13% (Channel 3?). I should probably install the E010 firmware on it and do more than just recalibrate it, which doesn't seem to help.

More
    21 Sep 2016 01:21 #54078 by bangster
    So I have gotten it bound to my Devo 7e, I have gone into clearflight and selected the correct channel map so that the throttle is the throttle, etc. I assume I have to go into my model I have created on the transmitter and setup what aux1 is to assign it to arm? I want to use...HOLD0 I think. Before it was using roll to the right (channel 5) with the incorrect channel map selected.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds