8S GUI not working on latest 2 nightly builds

• BirdBarber
  • BirdBarber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
31 Aug 2016 03:54 - 31 Aug 2016 04:14 #53316 by BirdBarber
The 'Bug Tracker' is not working so goebish suggested I report a bug in the nightly builds here. The last two nightly builds have problems with the 8S GUI, it's massively messed up. It looks more like a Devo 10 interface than the 8S interface and icons are missing all over the place. I don't know how far back this problem goes.

I deleted all files from my transmitter and did test installs of the DFU and file systems from the 2016-08-05 and then the 2016-07-13 nightly builds. I verified that the correct DFUs were loaded on the power up splash screen. The problems are very obvious if you give it a try. I then cleared the tx again and loaded V5.0.0 DFU & file system and it worked fine.

if you use the touch screen to bring up the model menu in advanced GUI it goes right to the mixer page with no icons to go to other pages. I found that if I use the transmitter menu icon it brings up a menu that will allow me to select the model menu or transmitter menu. If you use the standard GUI you don't get icons in the model menu, just gray function boxes on the left side of the screen. It looks more like a Devo 10 interface than an 8S interface.

I can also do tests on a 6S and 12S if anybody needs me to do them.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2016 04:14 by BirdBarber.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2016 11:30 #53323 by FDR
The menu system change is by purpose.
After the v5.0 release PB unified the design of the color and BW menu systems, in order to have the same keyboard navigation.
I even tested it, but only with the advanced gui, so the standard gui still can have issues...

See this topics:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...development-post-5-0
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-the-new-menu-system

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
31 Aug 2016 21:31 - 31 Aug 2016 22:40 #53344 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic 8S GUI not working on latest 2 nightly builds
It is so much slower than the touch screen interface. I bought a 6S, 8S and 12S because they were so much faster & easier to use than my 10 & 7E, but now all of that is gone, I loved them so much I even bought backup 12S & 8Ss so I would never have to be without them. It's like going from Windows back to MS-DOS.. Plus now where like on the standard GUI model menu everything was on one page, now you have to scroll thru multiple pages using the scroll bar in the corner where your finger can't really reach easily, so you have to pull out the stylus or use the buttons instead of tap tap done. It was so fantastic before, now it's just slow. These have great high res displays, that now are mostly blank and you have to scroll all over the place to see stuff that is off the bottom of the screen when there is mostly blank screen with plenty of room to display everything on one page. grrrrrr rant rant grumble

At a minimum since there is so much wasted display, it would be nice to have page up / page down icons so you don't have to scroll one line at a time. Or at least make the scroll bar arrows bigger so you can reliably use your finger, currently they are tiny icons in the very corners where fingers don't work reliably because the screen bezel is in the way. Functions that used to take two taps now can take 5 or more button presses. It's frustrating to spend so much money for upgraded transmitters only to have it all go away.

Why were the fantastic color touch screen GUIs downgraded? Is there any hope of the great GUIs comping back? Or are my flagships now just expensive boat anchors (I have 2 12S, 3 8S and 1 6S, a lot of wasted money).

(rant over - we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming)
Last edit: 31 Aug 2016 22:40 by BirdBarber.

More
01 Sep 2016 09:15 #53357 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic 8S GUI not working on latest 2 nightly builds
I don't like new GUI for Devo 6s, 8s and 12S too. Now I use build v5.0.0 and don't want to spend my time for nightly builds.

More
02 Sep 2016 20:50 #53424 by mwm
I just installed the new GU on my 6S that had a high-contrast theme so I could read it outside.

Totally unusable. Black is white. Up is down. Etc.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
21 Sep 2016 11:07 - 21 Sep 2016 12:00 #54089 by vlad_vy
If you like, I can download custom build v5.0.0 with all latest protocols (for Devo6, Devo8, and Devo12). Today I start testing custom build for Devo8. At first glance all working fine.

By the way, at the same time I corrected error at PN codes table for DSM2/X protocol.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2016 12:00 by vlad_vy.

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
23 Sep 2016 03:03 #54145 by BirdBarber
I would love copies of those builds.

More
23 Sep 2016 04:45 #54152 by vlad_vy
You can get firmware DFU files for Devo6, Devo8 and Devo12 from:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...ith-latest-protocols

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
23 Sep 2016 08:36 #54158 by BirdBarber
Thanks, I just downloaded them.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds