Bug at Version 5.X Bugtracker is down

More
16 Sep 2016 07:19 - 16 Sep 2016 07:21 #53905 by Alexandro
Bug at Version 5.X Bugtracker is down was created by Alexandro
Hello,
there is a Big Bug at the new Deviationtx 5.0.X for a long Time and no one Fix or report it.
I hate it to say ,but i think DeviationTx is shooting him in his one Leg.
Some Time ago all big Programmers here pray the Word of no splitting and stay on the one Track to make Deviation TX better with all together.

And now i see only bad things !
Bugtracker is down for very long Time.
The Big Bug of loosing one of the Big Boxes on Main Screen after Powercycle on the 8s , and i think on others to.
The new advanced Gui is very bad on Touch Screen TX

no one is doing something at the Main Code to get out of this Toy grade State of the Software after the jump to 5.X

Sorry for my harsh Words , but i like the Deviation TX and i see only one Step back with the New V5.
I spend many Hardware and time to debug some new Protocols , but i see no light at the end of the Tunnel !
This is very bad in my opinion .
The new Playground with the alternate Tx Firmware to get away from Walkera is a good way, but it killed some of the old Firmware things.

Some Time ago some Programmer want some good new Way to make things easy for new Users.
He wanted to make a Programm to compile the Firmware on the User it self, like OpenTX.
But some Big Programmers do not want a Fork, i think now with out it all is going more and more to the Bad Side.

There are not only some Bugs at the new Protocols thad we can debug together , no we have to debug the complete Main Part of the Firmware.
I think this is not the right Way to bring DeviationTX to a very good Firmware and many of the New Users go away after short Time and use some other Ways to fly there new Toys.
This is one BIG STEP BACK !

greetings Alex and sorry for my Hard Words

p.s. many doing good work to make new Protocols working, but PLEASE bring the main Core to a good working Point without of this bad Menu Bug an may be some others !
Last edit: 16 Sep 2016 07:21 by Alexandro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2016 11:18 #53912 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Bug at Version 5.X Bugtracker is down
Hard to follow you :)

Are you on release 5.0 or 5.0-nightly-build?

There is no big bug on looking bix boxes on main screen after powercycle on Devo10-4.0.1-nightly-build-fcd0669 which I could think of. Powercycle does well for me.
But yes, there is a small bug even in fcd0669 when going to layout editor and trying to delete a small box (tested this). Would have to re-test with release 5.0. Does not really affect me so far.
Dunno about release 5.0 or Devo8s.

There are about two years of 4.0.1-nightly-build development including Spektrum DSM telemetry FlightLog improvements, which went into release 5.0 (I am not speaking about 5.0-nightly-build).

Well I am not on release 5.0 - yet. Will upgrade as soon as I can test the DSM protocol changes with crash-proof planes.

But what new advanced GUI are you talking about for release 5.0?
You are NOT talking about release 5.0, but 5.0-nightly-builds as it seems.

Here is the right thread for you "Test of new menu system": www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...-system?limitstart=0

I strongly believe that you are wrong in using 5.0-nightly-build: www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...pment-post-5-0#47962
Clear post from PB, that this is going to be the unstable default/trunk/master developer commit code and not stable anymore like 4.0.1-nightly-builds before as in 2015!!

To repeat Alex: If you are not a developer and you can fix stuff yourself or love to communicate about bugfixing with others, staying to current 5.0-nightly-build for sure is not the thing which you IMHO want to do for flying on stable code.

Deviation needs to get back to release 5.0.x and 5.1/5.2 sub-releases if you want to port new protocols back to release 5.0.

Just my 2cents

BTW: Yes, too bad that the bugtracker and plugin is down and can not be that easily fixed.
I would really love an additional column
release / nightly
e.g 5.0, 5.0.x, 5.1, 5.0-nightly-build-xxxxxxx
Sometimes it is hard to follow the bugtracker and open issues.

Thomas

More
16 Sep 2016 11:50 #53913 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic Bug at Version 5.X Bugtracker is down
Hello,

it is Nightly 5.0.0 a37ab0a from Goebish.
I think is is one of the latest Nightly with the new Flysky A2 Protocol.
This and the older one Build does have the Bug.

-> After Power Cycle on the 8s one of the Boxes disappear from the Homescreen (the Boxes were the Timer1 and other things can be displayed)

thanks Alex

More
16 Sep 2016 13:55 - 16 Sep 2016 16:53 #53916 by Thomas.Heiss
So how about backporting Flysky A2 protocol to normal 5.0.x/5.1.x release?
Hope you wouldn't have those issues there?
Last edit: 16 Sep 2016 16:53 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
16 Sep 2016 15:50 #53918 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic Bug at Version 5.X Bugtracker is down
Hello,
oh.
My knowledge was thad all Test Versions are form the Nightly Builds, but it looks like the Bug is not at 5.0.0 Final and not on the latest Nightly !
So some other Things are wrong at the Test build from Goebish.
I write a Message at the Test thread.

Shame on me and sorry !

greetings Alex

More
16 Sep 2016 16:59 #53921 by Thomas.Heiss
Yes I believe that too - test-build(s) from one of the latest nightly-builds (depending on the latest developer repository clone).
But what is the point in creating "protocol test builds" being (only) from latest 5.0-nightly-build? Any benefit?

That may only make sense for new transmitter GUI support like AT9, F-series - but not for older Devo series.

Well, somehow there needs to be a start for a "core smaller test team" to try out new releases / protocol code which could is not 100% finished and such can not be released as 5.0.x/5.1.x.

I would vote for creating two test releases
- one based on latest 5.0-nightly-builds
- one based on core release 5.0 code + (protocol) additions

Tester can choose which he wants / what works better for him.

More
16 Sep 2016 19:32 #53926 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Bug at Version 5.X Bugtracker is down
I think he's referring to my talk about forking a while back. Sure sounds like it. Unfortunately, I've been dragged away from deviation by other things lately. I keep hoping to get back to it.

One of the things I wanted to do in the fork was create a more consistent release cycle. I noticed that a lot of people run nightly or test builds to get new protocols, so what's usually a "bug fix only" build would allow new protocols that didn't require other changes. Every so often (2 to 6 months or so) freeze it for a bit to make sure that there were no critical bugs, then roll it out to a new minor release.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds