Protocol Stacks

More
29 Aug 2012 12:57 #1282 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Protocol Stacks

FDR wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: Another weird thing. I can't seem to get my RX1202 to unbind. I've tried the unbind-plug in every position, but it doesn't seem to want to unbind from its current configuration.
Luckily enough I know the ID it is bound to, so I can still use it.

The page 29 of the DEVO 12 manual says:
"Fixed ID cancellation
Insert the assorted BIND PLUG into the output terminal of BATT before the receiver is powered on, and then plug 5V DC power into one of the other terminals. The red light of receiver will flash slowly. This means the fixed ID code has been cancelled. Pull out the BIND PLUG."

Same method for the DEVO 10...

Yep, I've read it. mine never flashes slowly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2012 13:01 #1283 by PhracturedBlue

sutaburosu wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: Edit: I see you meant it actually did bind without unbinding....Not much I can say about that, it should not be able to do that because the encryption is wrong.

Indeed, hence my guess there must be some kind of packet to clear the rx's fixed-ID. If this is what is actually occuring, it might be a useful addition to Deviation to have the ability to clear an Rx's fixed ID without having to resort to using a bind plug; on my 250 the Rx1002 is truly inaccessible.

Another possibility is a bug in the Rx firmware. I've read rumors of RXs unbinding (though I thought that was only the WK2801)

More
29 Aug 2012 13:05 #1284 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Protocol Stacks

PhracturedBlue wrote:

sutaburosu wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: Edit: I see you meant it actually did bind without unbinding....Not much I can say about that, it should not be able to do that because the encryption is wrong.

Indeed, hence my guess there must be some kind of packet to clear the rx's fixed-ID. If this is what is actually occuring, it might be a useful addition to Deviation to have the ability to clear an Rx's fixed ID without having to resort to using a bind plug; on my 250 the Rx1002 is truly inaccessible.

Another possibility is a bug in the Rx firmware. I've read rumors of RXs unbinding (though I thought that was only the WK2801)

Not necessarily sw bug: for example someone's Genius rx was often blinking slowly (fixed id clear mode), and it turned out he had a shortcircuit in the elevator servo... :)

More
29 Aug 2012 13:23 #1285 by sutaburosu
Replied by sutaburosu on topic Protocol Stacks

FDR wrote: someone's Genius rx was often blinking slowly

Coincidentally, I saw this happen earlier today before I realised I had destroyed the brushes when reassembling a main motor. The LED started to flash after maybe 2 seconds of failing to spin the motor. The main motor and wires were painfully hot. I was impressed the rx didn't let out any magic smoke. Everything seems fine with a new motor.

More
30 Aug 2012 19:11 #1292 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Protocol Stacks
The WK2401 and 2601 protocols don't show the binding message!

BTW I've put the label of the bind button into the language files...

More
31 Aug 2012 02:43 #1294 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: The WK2401 and 2601 protocols don't show the binding message!

BTW I've put the label of the bind button into the language files...

Fixed

More
01 Sep 2012 02:05 #1319 by PhracturedBlue
Ok, I added the ability to get the full range on the 2401 using the algorithm we discussed before. I'll be quite interested in whether it works since I can only do limited testing in the emulator.

More
02 Sep 2012 03:06 - 02 Sep 2012 03:07 #1337 by PhracturedBlue

PhracturedBlue wrote: Ok, I added the ability to get the full range on the 2401 using the algorithm we discussed before. I'll be quite interested in whether it works since I can only do limited testing in the emulator.

I tested with my SP100 and SP125 as well as a little nine-eagles glider I've got. The J6pro stuff seems to work well now. The helis also want the swash type set to 'none'. I've made that the default for the 6ch template.
Last edit: 02 Sep 2012 03:07 by PhracturedBlue.

More
02 Sep 2012 04:40 #1338 by PhracturedBlue
Also, I flew my 911 around today, and it worked quite well. I did have the channel ordering wrong though.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds