Devo12 with improved touch screen

• rbe2012
  • rbe2012's Avatar Topic Author
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
29 Aug 2013 04:47 #13368 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo12 with improved touch screen

Pattaya01 wrote: Why not like most devices: all 4 corners and the center..

Yep, but to explore if the touch screen behaves irregular in some area I might need more points. Especially if in the right corners (as vlad stated) the values do not fit.
Somewhere above:

If the calibration uses the same routine, logically there may be deviations in the points during calibration as well. So it might be necessary to use another routine for calibration to have a higher accuracy for the points touched during calibration.

You are also right here but we are completely lost if the values read differ with the time. We can not force a recalibration from time to time.
I agree the calibration method can be optimized. Two single points are obviously not enough.

It's interesting that the MAV version works good for you while for vlad the first version is better... I confess both versions read three coordinates and calculate the average while the MAV version additionally does this internal 7-times oversampling. I simply have forgotten to revert the SPITouch_GetCoords() function to the original code...
In conclusion I think the MAV does not really improve things. But it should not be worse than the other.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2013 05:48 - 29 Aug 2013 05:48 #13371 by Pattaya01
Replied by Pattaya01 on topic Devo12 with improved touch screen
I think you are on the right track. If you need more testing, let me know, I'm more than willing to help.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2013 05:48 by Pattaya01.

More
30 Aug 2013 20:07 #13400 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Devo12 with improved touch screen
I'm running the patch on my Devo12... so far so good. Feels better.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
15 Nov 2013 16:56 #15602 by Freezywilly
Replied by Freezywilly on topic Devo12 with improved touch screen
Got a question about transmitter calibration.
While the touchscreen calibration seems to work the calibration for sticks does not.
The origional documentation does not cover this well and (I assume ) the latest documentation is still incomplete. When I enter the stick calibration mode I have a blank screen and movement of any stick has no effect. Is there a how-to available?
Could someone that is using the 12s comment on their use of the stick calibration? Do I have a bad load or is the beta still got some holes to be filled?

More
15 Nov 2013 17:19 - 15 Nov 2013 17:21 #15603 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo12 with improved touch screen
Something wrong with firmware installation. Flash firmware, library and write Tx filesystem.

1) deviation-devo12-v3.1.0-beta-11.dfu

2) devo12-lib.dfu

3)
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Nov 2013 17:21 by vlad_vy.

• rbe2012
  • rbe2012's Avatar Topic Author
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
16 Nov 2013 07:04 #15604 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo12 with improved touch screen
Vlad is right - something does not work with your installation. I have tested it with some of the betas and esp. just now with beta-11 and it works.
If you want to do it:
- select calibrate
- there should appear a message telling you to center all sticks and knobs (and sliders, on Devo12 2 sticks, 2 knobs and 4 sliders) and press "ENT"
- when you have done this there appears a second message telling you to move all sticks, knobs and sliders to both ends (min and max positions) and press ENT again
- a third screen tells you only that the calibration has been done. You have to press ENT again to exit

We are reworking the documentation actually and will make sure that it is contained.

More
16 Nov 2013 16:34 #15621 by Freezywilly
Replied by Freezywilly on topic Devo12 with improved touch screen
Well Murphy was around. After fixing everything all seems ok now.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds