devo7e with empty Main menu

More
17 Oct 2014 02:31 #26102 by jimqjp
devo7e with empty Main menu was created by jimqjp
Help!

I am new in Deviation and live in Windows world.

I just managed setup my environment in WIN 8. I have two problems.

1. I can build devo7e smoothly with the following command:

make zip TARGET=devo7e

With the generated dfu file, the radio can be turned on, the main screen display is ok. But when pressing the the Ent button, the Main menu is empty. I copied the protocol folder in the zip file over the older one.

Tried both the latest default source and V4.0.1 tag. They are the same. However, the official pre-build dfu file works fine.

Something missing or need extra configuration to build 7E?

2. When do "make TARGET=emu_devo7e WINDOWS=1"
Get error
E:/MinGw/msys/1.0/include/sys/config.h:109:5: error: "INT_MAX" is not defined [-Werror=undef]
#if INT_MAX == 32767

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2014 04:22 #26104 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic devo7e with empty Main menu
Your flashdrive content has to match the version of the DFU you are flashing. Just the protocol folder alone will not do, as the manual says. Copy the whole filesystem over.

More
19 Oct 2014 00:14 #26107 by jimqjp
Replied by jimqjp on topic devo7e with empty Main menu
Thank you Arakon.

After I copied src/filesystem/devo10/media/config.ini to the target USB drive, I got the menu dispalyed!

By the way, how to generate the particular images for 7E USB file system? The zip file has only "protocol" folder. The folder "filesystem" under src seems not having the same structure as in the USB drive. Should I manually pick up folders from the src/filesystem?

More
17 Nov 2014 01:33 #26439 by jimqjp
Replied by jimqjp on topic devo7e with empty Main menu
After a few week play, I understand the environment better.

Unlike may other ARM systems, which store programs in ROM/flash, and load them into RAM to run, STM32 has special features that can run directly from Flash with the same speed of RAM.

However, because of the space limitation of 7E (128KB), the protocol modules are compiled as bin (mod) files and stored in the 2MB USB accessible flash drive. When we change a protocol or load a new model, the selected mod file is loaded into RAM to be used.

The addresses of variables are changing in every compiles of different code. Beside loading "src/deo7e.dfu" into the flash with DfuSe tool, we also have to copy the folder "src/objs/devo7e/protocol" to the USB flash driver for every build.

Without match dfu and protocol folder, the radio crashes.

Wish the info can help for newbies.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds