Frsky voltage from AD2 D4R not anylonger working?

More
10 Feb 2016 23:05 #42969 by Fernandez
Nightly devo7e-v4.0.1-97b55c0
It seem I cannot longer get the pack voltage from my d4r, previously it was working. RSSI still being received.

Furthermore can somebody confirm that multimod works with this nightly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2016 06:41 #42986 by mwm
There isn't anything in that build that should disable it.

My CC2500-enabled Tx has been in parts while I'm recovering from surgery. Now that I can sit at a desk again, I'll be putting it back together with a multimodule and the latest nightly, and will check that. Hopefully this weekend, if not before.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
11 Feb 2016 12:42 - 11 Feb 2016 12:43 #42998 by Fernandez
Wish you all the best with your recovery and hope you'll feel better soon!

Thanks for the answers, I can defenitively see there are changes in telemetry fields names lineup etc, between the nightlies...
I may need to spend more time to figure out, or it can be again the Devider Ratio setting again, I didn't check it aha...
I just only loaded nightly and the models/icons/hardware.ini........

in the past at default ratio 0v was displayed (rounded to 0V), basically it looked like no telemetry received.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2016 12:43 by Fernandez.

More
11 Feb 2016 13:10 - 11 Feb 2016 13:10 #43001 by Fernandez
I had to check it problem solved!!

AD2 still works, however the setting AD2GAIN in the Frsky protocol on main page was back to default 1, this will then result into 0V displayed (looks like no telemetry received)

A- The setting as used previously seem not to be stored in the models.ini?
B- Recommend to put a Default set to 50 (so always some volt displayed), devider 4k7-22k used, which is good up to 4S use?
C- Just wondering if telemetry configuration, such as RPM devider, volt ratios (and what other things may pop up in the future), more logical to be located in telemetry menu , as they are not related to the protocol, but to configure and display the data in the way you like.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2016 13:10 by Fernandez.

More
11 Feb 2016 18:02 #43008 by mwm
Hmm. I don't know how old your previous version was, but yeah, I merged in some field name fixes (it had blanks in some of the fields) a while back. And I think I may have reset the default value as part of that. If you got significant changes beyond those, then a merge broke somewhere.

The default value is 1 because that's the only value that's the most obviously wrong value. Any other default value - say 50 - is probably wrong, but not obviously so. Since it most likely has to be set for every model, sacrificing the few times you could skip that to avoid not setting it because you think it's already set seems like a win.

The telemetry info is very definitely related to the protocol. The set of values available varies from protocol to protocol, as do the adjustments that come with them. For instance, DSM doesn't have any kind of voltage gain setting. In fact, FrSky only has gain for AD1 and AD2 (and we haven't included AD1 because that defaults to Rx battery which is already right and nobody has asked for it beyond that); the hub voltage values don't have a gain setting. DSM also doesn't provide RSSI data, but instead "flight log" data. And so on. We already have different display code for the protocols that support telemetry, so it might make sense to add a "config" page to the telemetry menu that's different for each protocol, but that seems like overkill if there are only one or two telemetry settings. So leaving it in the protocol settings saves code space and keeps things a little simpler, at least until we get something with a more complicated setup.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds