Ultimate 7e-256k builds

More
24 Sep 2016 15:18 - 24 Sep 2016 15:19 #54214 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Hi HH, my initial report was wrong [sorry] and I'm sure that's why you're not able to reproduce this...

In almost all menu's I'm sill able to hold to scroll, the only place I cant (that I've found) is in the main page layout editor, specifically when setting up toggle icons. I know for sure use to you could scroll (I have a TON of icons I've created for the toggles and going threw them is a huge PITA having to button-press for each individual movement). I've also confirmed I can still scroll by holding the buttons down on the layout editor on my D10.

I've just updated to 96d38b0 and the problem still exists.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 24 Sep 2016 15:19 by Cereal_Killer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2016 16:58 #54218 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
no probs bud, I'll try later on today on my u7e and i'll see if it's also showing up on a stock 7e, and now the bugtracker is up again we can post a bug

More
28 Sep 2016 08:00 #54356 by bianchifan
Replied by bianchifan on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds

HappyHarry wrote: there were some new protocols added to the nightly so i've updated the build, the link is in the first post 8)

I found it yesterday and tried:
no success as always, no stock module found and nothing more to do :(

Afterwards I checked last nitely.. all unbill can be bypassed:
no module, no protocol...

More
28 Sep 2016 13:08 #54370 by HappyHarry
this i think removing the stock cyrf module outside the usual use case but you can try posting a bug and seeing if a dev will look into for you, as i can't see why there would be a difference between the stock 7e build and the u7e build when it comes to this issue

More
29 Sep 2016 09:09 #54391 by bianchifan

HappyHarry wrote: ..but you can try posting a bug and seeing if a dev will look into for you

If I were possible to post a bug I would have done so several months ago..., only a white screen ;)
Meanwhile I can see a login screen but no login possible for me :(

More
29 Sep 2016 20:49 #54408 by HappyHarry
yeah FDR got it working to a point, but if you wasn't logged in and still have the cookie from before the crash you can't get access to the bugtracker. looks like we'll have to wait for PB to return from his sabbatical to fix the integration problems

More
01 Oct 2016 12:04 #54463 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Just curious as to how many people are actually building and using this Ultimate7e?

Would it not just be easier to buy a Devo 10? Or does the Ultimate7e out perform it with all the mods?

I've just completed the 3in1 module install for Dad's 7e. I'd think that building the U7e would be like building a heli kit - enjoyable as you overcome obstacles and feeling of accomplishment when complete and working.

Tempted to give it a try.........

More
01 Oct 2016 13:44 #54465 by Cereal_Killer

Zaphod wrote: Would it not just be easier to buy a Devo 10? Or does the Ultimate7e out perform it with all the mods?

Of course it would but unless you've got a shrink ray it won't be nearly the same. Also note d10 only has a single pair of 3-pos switches, the rest are 2-pos, U7E can have up to 4 3-pos and 2 2-pos. On the other side of things D10 has 2 additional trimmers (4 digital switces) and a bigger display (same pixies / same amount of info but D10 is bigger / easier to read).

The 64 pin chip is VERY DIFFICULT to solder, I wouldn't compare it to a heli build honestly as I've never seen a heli kit require soldering .1 pin spacing high pincount SMD chips... I enjoyed the mod but u enjoy fine detailed hot-air / reflow soldering as much as anything else in this hobby.

More
01 Oct 2016 18:13 - 01 Oct 2016 18:14 #54472 by Pegaz
Replied by Pegaz on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Form factor mate! I love my 7e ultimate due to it's size! For a person not familliar with soldering it will be too difficult. It's harder to remove an old processor as you may rip the pads off. Anyway for someone with soldering experience it's a piece of cake. (5-10 minutes job for me icluding removing old one) For anyone else i'd strongly advise to let someone else doing this for u(they must know what hot air is ;).
Last edit: 01 Oct 2016 18:14 by Pegaz.

More
01 Oct 2016 19:50 #54475 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds

Cereal_Killer wrote:
The 64 pin chip is VERY DIFFICULT to solder, I wouldn't compare it to a heli build honestly as I've never seen a heli kit require soldering .1 pin spacing high pincount SMD chips... I enjoyed the mod but u enjoy fine detailed hot-air / reflow soldering as much as anything else in this hobby.

I disagree. Haven't done the mod on my 7e's yet, but I've practised on old video boards. Drag soldering a 64 pin chip is easy and fast. With a decent temp-controlled soldering iron ($12 on banggood.) Don't know about hot-air. That looks harder. Drag soldering is easy. With a little practice. Get some old computer boards from junk and practice.

Removing the old chip is a little tricky. More so than soldering on a new one, I think. Good to practice that too.

There are a ton of examples of drag soldering on youtube.

The Devo 7e is nice and small and cheap. The others are way too big.

More
01 Oct 2016 21:59 #54483 by HappyHarry
I've just uploaded a new test build, details are in the first post

as always enjoy :)

More
02 Oct 2016 00:42 #54490 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
While I respectfully disagree about the 10 being too big the 7e is a nice size. I know my 10 is certainly smaller than my 9xr Pro.

Think I'd do this for a couple of reasons -

1 to see if I can do it
2 backup Devo for my 10
3 cheap (me and the tx lol)
4 education
5 I enjoy this kind of thing as much as actual flying

Keep up the great work! I'm off to eBay for a 7e ;)

More
13 Oct 2016 13:24 #54880 by Cereal_Killer
Hi gentlemen,
This post is a bit off topic for this thread but since this is where all of you u7E guys hang out I figured it's the best place.

So I have my u7E all configured exactly how I want / need and I love it (I'm also building another u7E for a buddy who actually purchased a 7E a while ago and it sending it to me this week for the ultimate upgrade)! Anyway I've been using it more and more as my main tx, in fact when I head out to fly at my farm it's the only TX i take with me (that's saying a lit cause I never only take one quad or just one plane lol) but I've really became accustomed to the feel of my D10 and my X9E's gimbals...

We've upgraded about every facet of these little guys internals, why not start looking to make its feel match its function? If we could find some way to better the gimbal feel I'd probably switch to the e7E exclusively as that's the one thing I really cant get over. Sometimes I want that higher-end stick feel that the 7E just can not provide me. Metal stick toppers are not the solution either, I'll get to that soon I'm sure but the big complaint isnt the material, it's the spring tension and general feel in-hand (material feel, not ergonomics). Move right stick fully up/right and let it go, hear the sound? Now do the same thing with your D10; hear and feel that difference?

I have Hitech Aurora gimbals in my X9E which are really nice and IMO the D10 gimbals are right up there with them, point being I didnt like the stock X9E ones so I went out and found others that fit and worked, there must be something along these lines we can do for the 7E, does anyone have any ideas? I tried changing out the springs for heavier ones and that did change the feel of the sticks a bit (not much) but it didn't provide any sort of real improvement IMO so what would?
What can be done to really improve the in-hand feel of the little 7E so it really can become the ULTIMATE 7E?

More
13 Oct 2016 18:16 #54894 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
I still use the plastic sticks myself as the have bigger throw than the aluminum sticks.
I find some things to improve u7e:
-Voicemod, (is it compiled in the latest U7E build, can we test play with it?)
-Voltage instability of TX bat readout
-Some small jitter on the sticks (I think might also to do with Voltage TX?)

Still on my wishlist to implement 2x18650 parallel + Step up/down 3v3 + charge over USB mod, for very long lasting battery life.

More
13 Oct 2016 18:30 #54895 by HappyHarry
i think the main cheapish feel of the 7e gimbals is possibly due to the lack of decent or proper bearings (i'm not sure if they use proper bearings or bushings) this is the main issue i have, apart from that i think they are fine but i'm willing to have a look at finding a way to modify or replace them.

fernandez voice isn't currently included in the builds i upload but i can do one with it included if there is a need, i actually have all the parts sitting ready to do the voice mod but i've never got round to starting it, plus i never liked the idea of tying up the trainer port so i was going to look for an alternative option on the mcu. the voltage reading is what it is, without fully redesigning it there isn't much we can do to improve accuracy over the whole range for every tx. running 2 18650's or 23650's if there is room isn't a difficult mod but lsd nimh's or the li-po aa's i'm using are an option that work really well, if expensive in the case of the li-po aa's

More
14 Oct 2016 04:40 #54906 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
The 7e uses bearings.

More
14 Oct 2016 14:31 #54915 by HappyHarry
thanks arakon, i really couldn't remember what they used but i'll certainly pull my spare 7e apart and check the bearings out to see how good/bad they are.

ok i've just uploaded a new build guys, i've also included a build that has the audio alerts code included, the details are in the first post, and as always enjoy :)

More
15 Oct 2016 11:23 #54964 by bianchifan

Cereal_Killer wrote: Hi gentlemen,
This post is a bit off topic for this thread...

A BIT??
I guess nobody will suppose a gimbal quality discussion within this worm..

OFFTOPIC

Cereal_Killer wrote: .. but I've really became accustomed to the feel of my D10 and my X9E's gimbals...

I only know the "gimbals" of a 25$-Banggood-6CH-WLToys-TX, feel free to try :P :evil:
You may learn the meanings of lash, backlash, crap, shit, bullshit.... :)
The guy I bought my 7e from went for D10 mostly because of better gimbal precision I think.

HappyHarry wrote: i think the main cheapish feel of the 7e gimbals is possibly due to the lack of decent or proper bearings

The 7e gimbals are supplied with quad ball bearings, in principle the D10 schematic is valid.
The quality is crappy cheap but should be ok for normal usage.
But the pots are also cheap and a little small, IMHO too small for a precise reading.
The springs are as they are, it's a point of the personal taste.
END-OFFTOPIC

ONTOPIC

HappyHarry wrote: i've just uploaded a new build guys, i've also included a build that has the audio alerts code included

Just even checked.. same procedure as always :(

More
22 Oct 2016 20:37 #55282 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
HappyHarry, I am using your latest build to test the audio; deviation-devo7e-256-v5.0.0-27dc42d.dfu

Some findings in this build, the AFHDS 2A protocol is missing, the DSM (X) telemetry and protocol fixes seem not there yet.
I have hooked up my df player, to 3v3, I have place SD card and in the root I put the 18 MP3 files from MP3MINI folder test build, all MP3 name starting with a four digit nr. 0000 - 0018
My DFPlayer plays the mp3 when grounding the up or down pin, also holding the pin volume can be adjusted.
When connecting the DFplayer Rx pin and GND to the ppm port, I cannot get any sound from my u7e.
Also it does not anymore sound the beeper, vibrator still work.

I test the ppm output port, this is working.
My hardware.ini looks a following:

;Only useful for transmitters with an after-market vibration motor
;enable-haptic=1
;
;switch_types: 3x4, 3x3, 3x2, 3x1, 2x8, 2x7, 2x6, 2x5, 2x4, 2x3, 2x2, 2x1, potx2, potx1
;May occur more than once if necessary.
;Add nostock if stock FMOD and HOLD switches have been removed.
extra-switches = nostock
extra-switches = 3x2
extra-switches = 2x6
extra-switches = potx2

;extended_audio: audiofx, dfplayer
extended-audio = dfplayer

;button_types: trim-all, trim-(left|right)-(up|down|both)
;May occur more than once if necessary.
;extra-buttons=
;
;Unique TxId, With tx same id and model bind Id, the rx can be controlled by multiple Tx
;txid = 78968765
;
[modules]
; there is no need to enable the cyrf6936 module unless
; it is wired to an alternate port. It is Enabled automatically otherwise
; enable-cyrf6936 = B12
; has_pa-cyrf6936 = 1
enable-cc2500 = A13
has_pa-cc2500 = 1
enable-a7105 = A14
has_pa-a7105 = 1
enable-nrf24l01 = A15
has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1
; enable-multimod = A13

Are we sure that the audio is at the "ppm port" and not at another free pin or uart?
Any idea what could I have missed can try?

More
22 Oct 2016 21:49 #55285 by HappyHarry
hey bud, currently the afhds2a protocol and the latest dsm2/x fixes are waiting as pull requests in the main repo, as soon as they are accepted into the repo i will upload a new build that contains them :)

regards the audio issues the model files and mapping files need to be generated in a specific manner, have a read on phantom-8's repo here for how this is done >>

github.com/phantom-8/deviation/tree/extended-audio/src/osx

if you have already done this properly and it still doesn't work you'll need to wait a few days for me to finish up adding the voice module to one of my u7e's so i can test this myself and see what's up bud

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds