Ultimate 7e-256k builds

More
19 May 2016 11:47 - 19 May 2016 11:58 #48703 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds

HappyHarry wrote: , is this the latest build 8c876ba?

How do I tell?

OK no, I'm using slipstream build (hey, he told me to put my report here). Does your builds support 3x4 switches and 2x pots? I can switch now and test from there.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 19 May 2016 11:58 by Cereal_Killer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2016 12:07 #48705 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
not this weeks build, but next weeks build will include silpstreams extra switch code. it's cool posting here though bud, bugs are bugs after all :) I'll install ss's build and test it and get back to you later on

More
19 May 2016 12:23 #48707 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
I suggested this thread so that bugs can be consolidated until the codes been accepted into the main branch, then we can use the bug tracker.

I'm not home now, but will try it when I get back.

In the mean time, could you post the model files that you used?

More
19 May 2016 12:36 #48708 by HappyHarry
I only asked which build so as to know what one to install for testing, bugs are bugs and squashing them helps us all :D

just for future reference to find which build of deviation you have installed go into the tx menu and choose 'about deviation'

More
19 May 2016 12:45 - 19 May 2016 12:48 #48709 by Cereal_Killer
build is only listed at devo7e-256-v5.0.0

Note file makes zero sense right now, I havent gotten it set back up after all the upgrades but it's my camera control model (that links to my other TX's for dual operator camera work)

File Attachment:

File Name: 7e_camera.ini
File Size:4 KB

Also note, UP button works at all other times, it's only in layout editor that's it's dependent on SWB

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 May 2016 12:48 by Cereal_Killer.

More
19 May 2016 13:01 - 19 May 2016 13:02 #48710 by Cereal_Killer
I seem to be having another unrelated problem (could even be a computer problem, not devo related) but I'm unable to eject the drive. I can right click -> eject or I can go to the system tray and click the safely remove HW icon and the hour glass comes up for about 15 sec but the drive never disappears.

Win 8.1 with no changes from before. Perhaps that's where the !PPM79 comes from (corrupted bits of data)... What to do?

Off to work, be back later. Thanks both of you!

Last edit: 19 May 2016 13:02 by Cereal_Killer.

More
19 May 2016 14:04 #48714 by HappyHarry
yeah that's correct as the build you have is based off 5.0.0, if it was based off a nightly it would show devo7e-256-v5.0.0-8c876be or similar. iirc the devo filesystem has the 'quick removal' usb policy set, so you don't need to eject it before pulling the cable or switching off the tx, as data is always immediately written to the tx and not cached for writing later

More
19 May 2016 16:55 #48723 by Cereal_Killer
HappyHarry I'm not trying to call you out or claiming you're wrong as I just do not know myself but, mwm claims the exact opposite. In his words the drive must be ejected before it is unplugged or powered down.

He has claimed in numerous posts, especially recently, that if you do not eject to the drive eventually you will get corrupt bits of data.

More
19 May 2016 17:04 #48725 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
I have never, since owning thix TX (1.5 years), ejected the drive, and not once had an issue.

More
19 May 2016 17:18 #48726 by silpstream
I've tried replicating the bugs. The !PPM79 is there. I'm still trying to isolate the problem but it happened somewhere in the code when I added hardware.ini configurable pots.

I saw this one right away with default ini files and the emu so will knock it off first.

Still need to check on the UP button.

As for USB, did you format and recopy all files after the upgrade? If not, try that first. I've had no USB issues thus far.

More
19 May 2016 18:48 - 19 May 2016 19:01 #48731 by Cereal_Killer

silpstream wrote: As for USB, did you format and recopy all files after the upgrade? If not, try that first. I've had no USB issues thus far.

Yes I did, I believe the problem is computer related....

What's your feelings on needing to dismount vs just pulling the cord?
edit: I didnt see Arakon's post above. I'm still curious how you do it but if he says he's good after never ejecting it then I'm sure it's fine and not related to anything, I'll stop worrying

I'm taking the thing back apart, I feel the problem I'm having with the buttons (and now switches) is to large to be a bug (in the sense that I'm sure oyu guys would of found it) so I'm opening it back up today.

What are the 4 pins adjacent to the two pins used for the pots inputs?
[What were they pins 14 and 20] so what are pins 13,15,19 and 21? anything to do with the button matrix? Then again, the pots themselves work perfectly over their whole ranges...Let me get it open and checked before you stress over the button thing mine is doing.

Where can I find your EMU so I can try to replicate what I see here?

Last edit: 19 May 2016 19:01 by Cereal_Killer.

More
19 May 2016 19:08 - 19 May 2016 19:23 #48732 by HappyHarry
just a quick question, what type of diodes did you use? as we've had issues before with diode leakage and diodes with a slow switching speed. also here is the policy for the deviation drive in windows

you can check your own by going into device manager, opening the properties of the devo drive and click on the polices tab and you'll see for yourself.
Last edit: 19 May 2016 19:23 by HappyHarry.

More
19 May 2016 19:39 #48736 by Cereal_Killer
1N4148's

I took it all apart, powered it up and tried moving the toggle icon up and down with the switches in all different positions and it didnt show the "bug" at all so I carefully restrained the wires along their entire path's and put it back together and what do you know, it works!

Not a bug at all! Thanks again guys.

P.s.so when would it be appropriate to make a feature request? Are there any left over ADC's? Is the battery voltage monitored via ADC or something else?

P.s.s. I'll check that driver setting next time I plug it in. Didnt know about that, thanks.

More
19 May 2016 19:50 - 19 May 2016 19:53 #48737 by silpstream
The PPM bug has been fixed. I've uploaded a new test build with today's date on it. EMU is there also. Thanks for catching it!

I normally just pull the usb cord or power off. I'm on a MAC and ejecting it does work, but it just pops back on my screen again right away. Never figured it for a bug though... :unsure:

Glad to hear that the switch issue is gone.

Unfortunately the pots used up the last 2 available ADCs. The battery is monitored by an ADC.

We do have a few digital pins available. What feature were you hoping to add?
Last edit: 19 May 2016 19:53 by silpstream.

More
19 May 2016 21:21 - 19 May 2016 21:23 #48739 by Cereal_Killer

silpstream wrote: Unfortunately the pots used up the last 2 available ADCs. The battery is monitored by an ADC. We do have a few digital pins available. What feature were you hoping to add?

Since the voltage is monitored by an ADC it'd be really cool if you could scale the input via either the GUI or maybe the hardware or TX files over USB to reconfigure it for other battery voltages (with an appropriate resistor divider recalculation) so I can properly monitor higher voltage batteries that I use a buck converter with.

If there was a way to rescale the input I could make up a divider and read the 3S LiPo voltage from the battery side of the buck converter. Being able to adjust it from the GUI or over USB would allow people to fine tune their stock setup's (without a resistor change) too so I feel like I'm not the only one who could benefit.

I've actually asked for this before but you know, space on the 7E...

Anyway no pressure, I use a stand-alone LiPO monitor I have velcro'd to the battery for now.

Last edit: 19 May 2016 21:23 by Cereal_Killer.

More
20 May 2016 11:59 - 20 May 2016 12:10 #48856 by silpstream
I'll take a look at it, and it should be possible from a coding standpoint. Not sure if it will get accepted into the main branch. I came across this on the bug tracker .

Given the non-linear nature of the readings, it is still not a trivial matter to take sample readings after which you'd need to plot to the closest linear curve. The equation constants would then be the variable to change in the firmware.

If we do try it, we should probably implement it from hardware.ini since it is a set once and forget type of thing.

Just curious, cause I've been looking at upgrading the 7e power system. Why'd you choose to go 3s as opposed to 2s? Calibration and accuracy of the reading is still an issue but I believe the tx has no problems reading a 2s cell.This is the one I have ( 2s battery for 7e ), it fits perfectly.
Last edit: 20 May 2016 12:10 by silpstream.

More
20 May 2016 12:45 #48859 by Cereal_Killer

silpstream wrote: Just curious, cause I've been looking at upgrading the 7e power system. Why'd you choose to go 3s as opposed to 2s? Calibration and accuracy of the reading is still an issue but I believe the tx has no problems reading a 2s cell.This is the one I have ( 2s battery for 7e ), it fits perfectly.

100% cause that's what I have. I use one of two older 3s flight packs (either 1500 or 1800's) that I no longer fly with. I have a buck converter that fits in the battery bay and plugs into the devo like the factory AA holder (mini JST or whatever that's called) then I velcro the lipo to the back and plug it into the buck converter with a XT30 (same plugs I use for those size flight packs on my 200 tri and my small planes). I like the setup cause I can remove the buck converter and use AA'S in their holder in a pinch.

Note originally I powered the 7e direct from 3s and nothing died but I did notice the back of the case above the on-board power regulator getting warm (and plastic being such a poor conductor of heat, if its getting warm I'm sure there's a scarry amount of heat coming out of the regulator)

More
20 May 2016 16:36 #48876 by silpstream

Cereal_Killer wrote: Since the voltage is monitored by an ADC it'd be really cool if you could scale the input via either the GUI or maybe the hardware or TX files over USB to reconfigure it for other battery voltages (with an appropriate resistor divider recalculation) so I can properly monitor higher voltage batteries that I use a buck converter with.

Got the first pass of it up. Tested on my tx and it works nice. You'll find it with my other ultimate7e builds. It'll have "Vcal" in the name.

You'll need to add (between "extra-buttons and [modules]):
;extra-buttons=
;
voltage-numerator = 216
voltage-offset = 249
;
[modules]
Adjust the 2 numbers as needed.

It works, but needs cleaning up and I'm still not sure if we can get this into the main branch cause this modification actually affects all transmitter models (6,8,10, etc).

More
20 May 2016 16:39 - 20 May 2016 16:41 #48878 by Cereal_Killer
I'm more than happy sticking with your builds!

Now for a quick divider calculation [when I get home today]. BTW which pin is the vdivider output's pin on the MCU? I'll look it over and find the resistor divider once I know the pin (unless you have that info already too)

Thanks!

Last edit: 20 May 2016 16:41 by Cereal_Killer.

More
20 May 2016 16:58 #48882 by silpstream
Should be pin 24 (PC4).

From memory, I believe this is the on board voltage divider. I didn't reopen the tx to confirm, so if you do check, let us know. Thanks

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds