First Build attempt:130 frame -- what APM/FC?

More
22 Jun 2016 14:00 #50944 by 30secs
Hi All,

So I’m embarking on my first build.. 130 frame is all i know so far.
I want a flight controller that will work with Mission Planner (or other open source), and that will work with my deviated Devo 7e controller.

What would you recommend? and what will i need? I currently have on my list the frame, motors, escs, and props, and fpv gear.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2016 18:03 - 22 Jun 2016 18:05 #50952 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic First Build attempt:130 frame -- what APM/FC?
A 130frame if you would like to go state of the art I would, I would go with small F4 controller and opensource raceflight software;
www.banggood.com/OpenPilot-Mini-CC3D-Rev...er-5g-p-1018903.html
Escs the 20a's are very small nowdays and you have plenty of headroom, with silabs cpu oneshot, or multishot capable, if want to go for the best then choose BLHELI_S esc.
As RX you can just use small rx only sbus out, or a satellite receiver.

Another good option is Betaflight with an F3 flight controller.
If you would like to go cheap, even a 10usd CC3D flightcontroller, (there is also a nano version) works still pretty good on betaflight.

If you like to go simple and use brushed motors, then there is all in one board, scisky, dsm rx, flightcontroller cleanflight compatible, just plug in for correless motors.
Last edit: 22 Jun 2016 18:05 by Fernandez.

More
22 Jun 2016 18:39 #50954 by 30secs
Thank you. I probably would prefer the cheaper fc for budget purposes. Will any of them work with deviation or will I need a separate tx? What about an altitude barometer?

I want brushless. Which of these would you recommend? (Attached). I'm also going to get 20a escs and 3035 3 blade props. What else will I need?

Lastly, can I get a micro GPS in the build as well? Is it recommended?

Thank you for your help!
Attachments:

More
23 Jun 2016 08:19 #50973 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic First Build attempt:130 frame -- what APM/FC?
Yes any of the Flightcontroller will be supported, if using stock Devo with deviation, I would go with a sattelite RX DSMX.

Otherewise Frsky is very good compact sbus receiver, but need cc2500.

For 130mm quad brushless is all very small and pretty stuffed, all the projects Cleanflight, Raceflight, Betaflight etc are inteneded for racing quad only. (not position hold, waypoints etc) For full navigation GPS etc, better to use Pixhawk mini, but I think for such small quad, is not possible to fit all weight and sensors.Then must buld a bigger Quad.
Motors suggested should be fine, kv is the RPM/Volt, so depending on the lipo 2s 3s 4s and indeed power consumption/flight time speed. I would check some other forums on your build, deviation is not the right place to discuss it.

At least deviation Tx is perfectly well suited with any flight controller.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds