E-flite UMX Hyper Taxi

More
29 Sep 2012 23:42 #1883 by rototophe
E-flite UMX Hyper Taxi was created by rototophe
Icon for the Eflite UMX Hyper Taxi, blends with Deviation background.

Preview:

Comments Welcome!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2012 01:58 #1884 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic E-flite UMX Hyper Taxi
Thanks for all your icons. I'd recommend making the background transparent instead, or using a solid color, as these look odd when a different background image is used.

More
30 Sep 2012 20:27 - 30 Sep 2012 20:29 #1893 by rototophe
Replied by rototophe on topic E-flite UMX Hyper Taxi
Well I first tried to make them transparent so they can be used on any background. The thing is if I use ARGB155 with photoshop the icons will simply not display in Deviation. See attached SP125 transparent icon as example.

I did not want to make the background solid as I wanted the model to "fly" over the GUI. So since transparency did not work I went for "transparency illusion" to achieve my goal.

It will indeed look odd on a custom background (different from stock Deviation background), icon solid background would not improve much in that case.

If the transparency issue is solved I can quickly re-save the icons without the background layer and re-upload them so they could be used on any system background.
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Sep 2012 20:29 by rototophe.

More
30 Sep 2012 20:39 #1894 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic E-flite UMX Hyper Taxi
Yep, because your alpha (transparency) channel is all black.
It should be black only on the transparent parts, but this way the whole content is transparent...

More
30 Sep 2012 22:18 #1897 by rototophe

FDR wrote: Yep, because your alpha (transparency) channel is all black.
It should be black only on the transparent parts, but this way the whole content is transparent...

Alright I can do fine with the basic model shape and export as BMP with transparency. Things become more complicated if want to apply a drop shadow effect to the basic shape and export the whole thing with transparency ----> shadow appeard on white background ---> bad bad bad. Any idea?

More
01 Oct 2012 04:18 #1898 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic E-flite UMX Hyper Taxi
This file format doesn't support semitransparency, so you have to draw the shadows with sharp contours, or drop them...

More
01 Oct 2012 18:01 #1918 by rototophe
There you go...
This actually how I came to make the icons the way they are using "fake transparency" ....

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds