How to set up FBL helis on Custom Firmware

More
28 Mar 2013 14:28 #8192 by stein@office-center.no
Replied by stein@office-center.no on topic How to set up FBL helis on Custom Firmware
Yes - makes sense.

Thanks...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2013 14:29 #8193 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic How to set up FBL helis on Custom Firmware

stein@office-center.no wrote: I now have setup the trottle with different setting with the nighly build. Put in the values from Masen72.

Something tells me that to be able to fly upside down i also would need to adress the pitch curve.

Fixed negative value - ok?

Something tells me you are a beginner. Don't try to fly inverted.

But, if you insist, set a 3 point curve with values -60,0,60. Or a linear curve, with a scale of 60. This way, when the THR stick is all the way down, your heli pushes air upwards, so it must be inverted (upside down) in order to "float".

BUT, unless you are very good pilot don't attempt this as you will likely damage your heli or hit yourself or someone else. To be able to fly inverted you must master all orientations.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
28 Mar 2013 14:43 - 28 Mar 2013 14:45 #8196 by stein@office-center.no
Replied by stein@office-center.no on topic How to set up FBL helis on Custom Firmware
Hi. Yes - started with helis in January. So quite fresh, but fast learner - i hope :-). I use only simulator for inverted flying - and have just found a setup now that works for me - both regular flying and inverted (simple - upside down, controling directions and back to normal flying again).

And in this game i guess that its like most things in life - You have to try and practice to get there... :-).

Fun along the way helps also...

Stein
Last edit: 28 Mar 2013 14:45 by stein@office-center.no. Reason: misspelled

More
28 Mar 2013 15:25 - 28 Mar 2013 15:47 #8199 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic How to set up FBL helis on Custom Firmware

stein@office-center.no wrote: I now have setup the trottle with different setting with the nighly build. Put in the values from Masen72.

Something tells me that to be able to fly upside down i also would need to adress the pitch curve.

Fixed negative value - ok?

Thanks
Stein

It's easy to get terms confused in this hobby.

Don't get "fixed" confused with "fixed pitch".

Fixed, in the transmitter just means a straight FLAT line. That would give you ZERO pitch control.

1-to-1 is the linear curve. In a previous post you asked if I could make a 3D version of the tutorial, but it already is. ;)

If you setup your CP FBL heli and channel 6 was a straight line from bottom left to top right, that will fly you upside down. BUT you will need to have at least a V shaped throttle curve. When you move the input stick (throttle) below 0 (50%) you are now giving negative pitch, but you are also going to be slowing down the motor. You want the motor to get faster again, OR stay constantly fast. That's why the picture I posted above has the 3 throttle curves.

So look what happens with the below config:

Throttle stick controls both pitch and motor right? So in fmode0 we are using the first curves in both those pictures. (It doesn't say fmode0 anywhere there, but it's not fmode1 or 2 so it has to be 0).

So the stick is all the way down, the motor is OFF and the pitch is just a little tiny bit down. As you move the stick UP the motor gets faster and the pitch remains at Zero or just below it, slightly pressing the heli down on the ground. As you pass 50% on the stick, you start to give positive pitch and the motor is above 50% power so you'll start to lift off.

On the Fmode 1, you see that if you were at full DOWN on the throttle stick, what would happen? You would be giving 100% motor power and 100% negative pitch. The heli would try to push it's down really hard, and possibly damange itself.

Notice that OVER 50% the two modes (f0 and f1) are the same. So, you get the heli in the air, (over %50 on the stick), flip to fmode1 and you will not feel a thing, NOW however, when you go to flip the heli over to inverted, pressing the stick down will give lots of motor power and lots of negative pitch.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Mar 2013 15:47 by Hexperience.

More
28 Mar 2013 15:39 #8200 by stein@office-center.no
HI

Yes - easy to get lost, but I will not give up :-). But Your tutorial was great learning - and 3D already worked as You say.

I think I've got a good setup for me now - thanks to You and this forum's members and the splendid software. But I also realize i have a lot to learn - thats whats makes this hobby interesting!!

I've setup flybarless to use with simulator now, and when I get the CC2500 module installed in my Devo-10 - i hope to use the same setup for my Skyartec Wasp X3V - FBL heli. Just switch the protocol and do neccesary adjustments. Does this make sense?

Thanks again...

Stein

More
13 Feb 2014 02:24 #20214 by ave1
I'm setting up a V120D02S with the RX2636H-D receiver, Devo Compatible and my heli is fbl, can you help me learn the process of setting up my 12S TX and, my using the Advanced GUI ONLY?? I know I can use the Standard GUI and even copy other's ini files but, that is not my wish. Page by page, step by step, when your time permits, please

I am wondering about setting different gyro gains for each Flight mode. I need normal, Idle up 1 and 2. I prefer not to use other switches for gyro gain, please. Also, a newer pilot of only 2-3 years, I will need some DR and expo but need to know how to set it myself for each model. I want to know all I can about the Advanced GUI.

Thank you

More
13 Feb 2014 15:56 #20235 by ave1
This is the curves I like for my FBL heli's. How did you know to us and Why do you use a EXPO&DR screens on the pitch channel? Why not complex?

The above screen shots Both of them are similar to how I usually program my TX using a DX8.

More
13 Feb 2014 20:08 #20241 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic How to set up FBL helis on Custom Firmware
I will do a walk through for the v120, but just wanted to quickly mention, that in essence, the DR/Expo screen is a complex mix, it just shows it on 1 page. If you switch the mix type from Expo&DR to Complex you will see that it's a 3 page complex mix. It's the exact same data, just shown in a different manner. There are many things you can do in the complex mix type that you can't in the expo&dr type but if you just need "3 simple mixes" then it can be done on that 1 page.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
14 Feb 2014 04:59 #20252 by ave1
WOW! Awesome, that is great. Thank you. I had no idea. I will study this for a day or so, to fully understand . like a big puzzle and that piece was definitely one that was missing, until this info.

Thank YOU!

More
14 Feb 2014 05:21 #20253 by ave1
Not to jump ahead of you and us, to do a flight mode switch, normal, St1 and st2, I would use only complex?

More
16 Feb 2014 06:59 #20345 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic How to set up FBL helis on Custom Firmware

ave1 wrote: I'm setting up a V120D02S with the RX2636H-D receiver, Devo Compatible and my heli is fbl, can you help me learn the process of setting up my 12S TX and, my using the Advanced GUI ONLY?? I know I can use the Standard GUI and even copy other's ini files but, that is not my wish. Page by page, step by step, when your time permits, please

I am wondering about setting different gyro gains for each Flight mode. I need normal, Idle up 1 and 2. I prefer not to use other switches for gyro gain, please. Also, a newer pilot of only 2-3 years, I will need some DR and expo but need to know how to set it myself for each model. I want to know all I can about the Advanced GUI.

Thank you

Steve, I just saw this well done post for DR/EXPO.

deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1950-tutori...tle-hold-and-expo-dr

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds