Flysky/Hubsan/turnigy module with pics : devo 8S

More
27 Dec 2013 04:13 #17077 by Keith5031
Replied by Keith5031 on topic Flysky/Hubsan/turnigy module with pics : devo 8S
:ohmy: I just did this mod and now my screen just blinks and a beeping sound. I hit the EXT button it goes to upgrade screen as if I have it plugged in to upgrade with usb. I hit the ENT button it just keeps beeping and flashing. I believe I changed the tx.ini file right, don't know what is going on. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
27 Dec 2013 09:00 #17079 by rbe2012
Sounds like the tx is reset over and over when deviation is loaded. The upgrade screen works outside of deviation.
Have you checked all soldering for unwanted connections?
I would recommend to desolder one connection after the other, starting with Vcc and Vdd, and try to start deviation each time.

More
27 Dec 2013 15:42 #17105 by Keith5031
:) I re-downloaded the nightly builds and did all again. It works, I'm just wondering about how to do the flysky update. I am going to try again.

More
28 Dec 2013 03:16 - 29 Dec 2013 01:51 #17248 by Keith5031
:( Still having no luck. The Tx keeps reverting back to where it shows a "*' in front of all the protocols. Just after updating and going thru a cycle of on and off. I don't know what I am doing wrong, if someone could give me some advice, I am sorry for all the questions.
Last edit: 29 Dec 2013 01:51 by Keith5031. Reason: All Caps was on

More
28 Dec 2013 03:52 #17249 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Flysky/Hubsan/turnigy module with pics : devo 8S
Please turn off the caps-lock. There aren't that many folks here, so you just need ot be patient if you can't figure it our yourself.

More
28 Dec 2013 05:05 #17252 by Keith5031
:blush: Sorry about the caps lock didn't realize until I had already posted. I did re-solder all terminals and rebooted. I got everything to work, but when I turn the TX off and on a few times it puts an * in front of all protocols. I then redo the module tx.ini and reboot it's good until I turn the Tx off and on again a couple of times. Not sure what that means. If someone has had this problem or something similar, I'm all ears.

Thank You.

More
28 Dec 2013 06:07 - 28 Dec 2013 06:08 #17253 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Flysky/Hubsan/turnigy module with pics : devo 8S
Keith,

We had a problem with the code over the last +/-2 weeks which could cause this behaviour.

This was fixed yesterday - Download the latest nightly and reflash the Deviaton firmware.

You also need to fix the tx.ini file on the Deviation Flash drive to read as below, that will remove the * infront of the protocols:

[modules]
enable-cyrf6936 = B12
has_pa-cyrf6936 = 1
; enable-a7105 = A13
; has_pa-a7105 = 1
; enable-cc2500 = A14
; has_pa-cc2500 = 1
; enable-nrf24l01 = A14
; has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1

Enable (remove the ; before the line of) the models you have installed
Last edit: 28 Dec 2013 06:08 by RandMental.

More
28 Dec 2013 15:41 #17297 by Keith5031
:cheer: Thanks for the help everyone, that did the trick. I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions. I hope I didn't offend or anger anyone with my post with all Caps. It was a mistake, I still had it on caps from putting the capitol A, B and NONE in the tx.ini code. Thank you again, all of you have done excellent work on this FW. :)

More
28 Dec 2013 15:45 #17299 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Flysky/Hubsan/turnigy module with pics : devo 8S

Keith5031 wrote: :cheer: Thanks for the help everyone, that did the trick. I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions. I hope I didn't offend or anger anyone with my post with all Caps. It was a mistake, I still had it on caps from putting the capitol A, B and NONE in the tx.ini code. Thank you again, all of you have done excellent work on this FW. :)

No problem - there is a EDIT option underneath your own posts so you can go back afterwords and fix spelling mistakes, improve readability and fix and all CAPS messages :cheer:

More
29 Dec 2013 04:31 #17374 by Keith5031
Hey guys, it's me again. I thought I had it fixed, but every time I turn off my Tx, it redoes the tx.ini line to disable all protocols including Devo. I am using the download notepad that is here on this site, the ++notepad with the lizard icon, not the regular one. When I initially upgrade the fs fw, it's all good until I power off and then back on. I hope you guys can point me in the right direction, Thanks.

More
29 Dec 2013 04:51 #17377 by SadSack
Minor bug and has been fixed, so grab latest Nightly Build.

More
29 Dec 2013 09:02 #17386 by Keith5031
It worked, I am so relieved. I have turned my Tx on and off probably 7 or 8 times and so far so good. I appreciate the hard work and dedication all of you have put into this free FW. Just like er9x, you guys have made a average Tx into something that rivals anything else on the market. All of you should be very proud of yourselves. I think I speak for everyone else when I say "Thank You",and everyone have a safe and Happy New Year.

More
16 Jul 2015 16:02 - 16 Jul 2015 16:03 #35528 by ttakata73
Replied by ttakata73 on topic Flysky/Hubsan/turnigy module with pics : devo 8S
After several hours of reading threads and double checking images I managed to bind my Devo8s to a Hubsan X4 and YiZhan X4 so I think I got both my modules installed correctly.
I made this 1 page brief.
This should save anyone several hours of research if they plan to install these particular modules.

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Jul 2015 16:03 by ttakata73.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds