FB heli set up?

More
01 May 2013 20:46 #9463 by Blayd
FB heli set up? was created by Blayd
Installed 3.0, and have done alittle setting up, but i'm lost when it comes to setting the swah mix and pitch curves??
Devo 8 Tx. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it...

Devo 8S
Trex500ESP
Trex500ESP (Belted tail)
HC500SE
Trex700N2E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2013 21:20 - 01 May 2013 21:22 #9465 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic FB heli set up?
I suggest get a few of TomZ's modelxx.ini files, select one for a heli similar to yours and load it into your tx. Then have a look at the GUI screens. This helped me to understand some of the concepts and from there I made my changes.

Let us know which helis and FBL controllers you use with the RX802s
Last edit: 01 May 2013 21:22 by RandMental.

More
01 May 2013 22:27 - 01 May 2013 22:29 #9467 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic FB heli set up?
RandMental, I think you added an L to the end of his FB :)

Blayd, do you already have the swash set to 120?

So what I usually do is a bit hit and miss, but it gets the job done in the end. ;)

First I use the 6ch Heli template, that gets most of the work done for you. So load that template, then go back in and select 120 as the swash type. (it gets reset when you load the template)

The what I do is simply move the pitch stick up and down and use servo reverse to make sure they are all going UP when you press up on the stick (assuming leading edge control). Do this reverse on the channel page (same page where you set limits, safe value etc)

So now that they are all working together, press forward on the elevator stick, you should see the elevator servo go up and the other two go down a bit. IF not, don't reverse the servos, you need to reverse the ELE inv setting in the SWASH setup page (where you set the type to 120).

Now, press the alieron stick to the right and you should see the swash plate tilt right, right servo down, left servo up. Again if it's reversed, use the AIL inv setting, don't reverse the servos.

The template will have already made pitch and throttle curves for you, just adjust them as you like.

IF you find that there is too much pitch control you can tame it down by adjusting the settings on the swash mix page. The default is 60, but you can turn it down a bit to tame down how much mix there is for your stick movements. (Or turn it up for that matter).

Just another note, looking DOWN on a 120 swash plate the Elevator servo is the bottom (back) the pitch is the right servo and Aileron is the left servo. So on a devo RX channel 1 is ELE, 2 is AIL and 6(aux1) is pitch.

Hope that helps...
cheers

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 May 2013 22:29 by Hexperience.

More
01 May 2013 22:28 #9468 by Blayd
Replied by Blayd on topic FB heli set up?
(2)Trex 500's, HC500, Trex 700 all flybarred. Not FBL.
I went ahead and started setting up some in the Standard GUI, made a few changes in the ini files for simple things like getting the timer to work on the gear1 switch and resetting on the gear0 switch.

Devo 8S
Trex500ESP
Trex500ESP (Belted tail)
HC500SE
Trex700N2E

More
01 May 2013 22:34 #9469 by Hexperience
I always use the "advanced" gui because I came from using ER9x, and the walkera'ish standard gui just makes me think if I press the wrong button, it will make a cell phone call... or start the solitaire app... :)

One other thing to watch out for is the template sets rates up for you. They use 100 first then 60, so DOWN is low rates. I always do it the other way around and every time I start up, I make sure all my switches are forward except the throttle hold.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
01 May 2013 22:37 #9470 by Blayd
Thanks for the repy...
I appreciate the help. Sorry for the noobness.
So should I start over with the advanced GUI and the 6ch template?
Or have the way I started do the same thing?
I had to do all the set up in my 2801 Tx's, so I'm familiar with reversing to get the servos working properly, I just havent had to do the mixing before to get the swashmix, then work out the pitch curves. Seems the standard GUI does all that for you?? Then edit your curves, and switch assignments...I'm alittle familiar with editing the ini files some....like I said, the standard gui didnt give me any option to switch the timer on and reset it, other then to come on with the throttle channel. So I went in, added the lines to start and reset with the gear switch, positions 0, 1.
I'll get the hang of it, but just might need some.. well... alot of help to get it down.
Thanks again and please forgive my noobness...

Devo 8S
Trex500ESP
Trex500ESP (Belted tail)
HC500SE
Trex700N2E

More
01 May 2013 22:39 #9471 by Hexperience
Also using the standard GUI, to reverse the SWASH direction there is no button to invert it, so just use -60. (If you have all those FB heli's I'm sure you'll find all the settings pretty straight forward, sorry if this was too simple an explanation)

More
01 May 2013 22:42 - 01 May 2013 22:43 #9472 by Hexperience

Blayd wrote: Thanks for the repy...
I appreciate the help. Sorry for the noobness.
So should I start over with the advanced GUI and the 6ch template?
Or have the way I started do the same thing?
I had to do all the set up in my 2801 Tx's, so I'm familiar with reversing to get the servos working properly, I just havent had to do the mixing before to get the swashmix, then work out the pitch curves. Seems the standard GUI does all that for you?? Then edit your curves, and switch assignments...I'm alittle familiar with editing the ini files some....like I said, the standard gui didnt give me any option to switch the timer on and reset it, other then to come on with the throttle channel. So I went in, added the lines to start and reset with the gear switch, positions 0, 1.
I'll get the hang of it, but just might need some.. well... alot of help to get it down.
Thanks again and please forgive my noobness...

No, you can continue to use the standard gui of course. I just prefer the advanced gui because it was closer to what I was using before. I can't really help too much with the standard gui.

One thing that REALLY helps is to download the deviation emulator(s) from the download pages and you can click around on it all day long with you mouse. It really makes finding all the settings a lot more fun. :)

Last edit: 01 May 2013 22:43 by Hexperience.

More
01 May 2013 22:43 #9473 by Blayd
One thing I had an issue with,
Coming from the 2801, I am used to the flight mode switch working from forward to back. Normal mode being pushed away from me, IU1, in the middle, IU2 all the way towards me.. ( or back )
I had to set my TC in the software backwards...to get the same set up.
TH is set to my RUDD D/R switch
I dont use D/R on anything so I just keep the rates at 100%, but use 30% Expo on AIL and ELE in all flight modes...
I'd like to use the advanced gui.. just get totally lost once I try to figure out the swashmix, then pitch curves.

Devo 8S
Trex500ESP
Trex500ESP (Belted tail)
HC500SE
Trex700N2E

More
01 May 2013 22:46 #9474 by Blayd
I did DL the EMU... I'll play around with it.
And as for the -60 swashmix.. Yeah, I'm amiliar with it...The HC500 had to use negative swashmix settings.

Devo 8S
Trex500ESP
Trex500ESP (Belted tail)
HC500SE
Trex700N2E

More
03 Nov 2013 22:57 #15304 by Diaz
Replied by Diaz on topic FB heli set up?
How do enter GUI screen I'm new to the this programing and trying to set up Fbl trex 600 with 3gx and I use a spektrum receiver

Erik

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
04 Nov 2013 06:34 #15312 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic FB heli set up?
Please tell us which transmitter you use and which deviation version you have installed since there are some differences.
Have you read the manual? It should give you a good start to learn how to use deviation. When you still have questions after reading it we will help you more.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds