Setting up collective in failsafe?

More
19 Jul 2014 23:01 - 19 Jul 2014 23:15 #24698 by Blayd
Setting up collective in failsafe? was created by Blayd
I'm sure this has been touched on, but I'm having trouble finding it and need some help.
My 700 has been on Deviation now for a couple weeks, things are fine so far, but having an issue setting up my collective pitch in failsafe.
Devo8S, running in 2801Pro mode, My TH is working, and I have the motor shut down on signal loss, right now, the servos stay in last position in failsafe. I'd like to set it up for just a touch of negative pitch in failsafe, but when I go to Ch6 ( cyclic3 ) and set failsafe to a number, either positive or negative, nothing happens when I shut the Tx down. I'm kinda lost as to how to set the collective pitch for failsafe.

Also, on a different note, what is everyone running as the lower limit of the Tx battery voltage?
My wife, bless her heart, bought me, what she thought were good rechargable batteries for my Tx's...( Energizer 2400mAh, NiMH, 1.2v ) I'd like to set a lower limit voltage for full power. ( 150mW )

EDIT:::: Found a few posts...seems like 4.5v????
Thanks in advance all.

Devo 8S
Trex500ESP
Trex500ESP (Belted tail)
HC500SE
Trex700N2E
Last edit: 19 Jul 2014 23:15 by Blayd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2014 21:37 #24874 by Blayd
Replied by Blayd on topic Setting up collective in failsafe?
Nothing? :(

Devo 8S
Trex500ESP
Trex500ESP (Belted tail)
HC500SE
Trex700N2E

More
29 Jul 2014 15:07 #24890 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Setting up collective in failsafe?
So you can shut down the motor on signal loss but the servos don't go to failsafe position?

On the 2801 protocol, the failsafe is transmitted every 8 packets, so it should update as soon as you've set the value.

I haven't tested it recently, but it used to work properly.
upload your model.ini, maybe I'll see something.

More
02 Aug 2014 16:30 #24977 by Blayd
Thanks for the reply PB.... I'll upload as soon as I get back home. Sorry for the delay.
I believe at the moment, the servos stay at last position? I think in the 2801 Pro, you had either a set failsafe or the servos held last position?
I'm sure this is just me not knowing exactly what to change. The throttle shut down on failsafe was easy, Just setting the THR-3 channel to -125 for failsafe, and a safety of RUD DR1 as my TH switch.
But to get the entire collective to go to a position on failsafe has me stumped.
I was playing around with "Ch6", thinking it was my collective mixer, but I think by setting a failsafe value in "Ch6", I was just setting the pitch servo??
Anyway...I'll post the INI ASAP.

Devo 8S
Trex500ESP
Trex500ESP (Belted tail)
HC500SE
Trex700N2E

More
02 Aug 2014 16:38 #24978 by Blayd
Trex700 INI.
Thank you in advance.

File Attachment:

File Name: model4.ini
File Size:4 KB

Devo 8S
Trex500ESP
Trex500ESP (Belted tail)
HC500SE
Trex700N2E
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds