Swash not mixing for flybar heli, no channel 6

More
09 Aug 2014 00:14 #25101 by chrisleon32
I am trying to fly a flybarred 450 erazor. I am trying to use an ar6100e receiver and have set my Devo 10 to DSM2.

I have tried to setup with the heli template and have changed swash to 120.

All of the channels work except channel 6. I can't get any of the servos to match when moving the throttle up and down there is no movement. I can't get the pitch servo to move either when moving the right stick the other two servos will move. I can however get the pitch servo to move if I set the source to thr or ail or ele, yet if I move throttle only the pitch servo will move. This servo is in the Aux 1 slot of the receiver and i have tried setting the source to everything but it will only work if its on another servos input..

Do note that my Rudd D/R switch is stuck ON as I broke it. This has not affected any of my other heli's. I have set throttle hold to Elev D/r

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2014 04:30 #25102 by chrisleon32
Replied by chrisleon32 on topic Swash not mixing for flybar heli, no channel 6
Basically the 120 degree swash ccpm is not working at all.. Does my broken Rudd D/r have something to do with why the ccpm is not working? i don't understand why I cannot get 3 servos to go up and down or have channel six do anything on its own

More
09 Aug 2014 09:13 #25107 by FDR
Setting the swash type is not enough, you should also use the dedicated cyclic virtual channels.
Try the 6ch heli template as the starting point to see how it works...

More
09 Aug 2014 15:51 - 09 Aug 2014 16:13 #25110 by chrisleon32
-edit so I believe the 6 channel heli template is when you load the standard gui as it setup 3 virtual collective channels.

Now I have the problem where I cannot get the elevator to stop moving when I am inputting left or right on the stick....

so i do have collective control but no matter what configuration of reversing I do it is not working together properly. I have all of the servo's plugged into the receiver properly. Do I need to change the virtual channels?

Thanks FDR but I have seen a lot about this 6ch heli template but I can't find it anywhere on the site. Is it built into the firmware? I seem to not find it anywhere if you could explain where to get it or load it would be great.

I actually do not have a usb connection cable for the radio right now so I would be flying already if I had one.

I am just trying to figure it out with just the TX. I'm gonna try setting up the virtual channels. Do I just set 3 virtual channels as cyclic 1 2 and 3?

thank you for your reply
Last edit: 09 Aug 2014 16:13 by chrisleon32.

More
09 Aug 2014 16:28 #25111 by chrisleon32
Ok let me put this another way. If I have the standard gui setup with the virtual channels I can now get swash mixing.

Now the problem is I cannot get the elevator servo to act like an elevator servo... at all. I am trying to switch the servo with the aileron servo and that is getting closer.. but its still not a solution I believe. Is it safe to have these servos mixed up?

More
09 Aug 2014 16:32 #25112 by chrisleon32
I'm just gonna go with that i guess.. never had to switch elevator servo to pitch or aileron b4.

My devo 10 must be setup weird because this happens whether or not im using devo or dsm2 receiver.

More
09 Aug 2014 18:18 - 09 Aug 2014 18:49 #25115 by TomPeer
if you go to advanced menu, then go to mixer, you can change AIL from Cyclic 1 to cyclic 2. And ELE from 2 to 1. Maybe that will help.
Last edit: 09 Aug 2014 18:49 by TomPeer.

More
09 Aug 2014 22:14 #25118 by chrisleon32
I tried that for like 4 hours before I gave up and posted here haha. for some reason the pitch servo wouldn't work then the elevator. so I guess switching them did something for the software for it to work.

flying my 450 for the first time and its pretty good!

thanks all

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds