Editing tx.ini/hardware.ini to enable modules

More
17 Apr 2015 06:09 #31281 by mwm
One of the things that always annoyed me when adding modules is figure out how to edit the tx.ini files for them - well, until I'd done it so often I memorized it.

To help others get over that, I've added page to the wiki covering that information, and linked to that from the general module installation page.

Could those of you familiar with this double check it to make sure I got the information correct? Any corrections - either in the data, or better wording, or whatever - you can either edit the wiki, or post here, and I'll go do it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2015 06:41 #31283 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Editing tx.ini/hardware.ini to enable modules
looks good to me.

More
17 Apr 2015 17:04 #31308 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Editing tx.ini/hardware.ini to enable modules
A concise and uncomplicated explanation. Good job!

It will make it simple for everyone to get it right the first time, ...if they bother to look for the wiki, that is.

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

More
17 Apr 2015 22:29 #31313 by mwm
Thanks.
Maybe we should add a link to the
ModuleInstallation page to the nav bar? Or at least to the Articles page?

The biggest draw for deviation seems to be the ability to fly lots of RTF/BNF aircraft, which generally means adding at least one module. So a link to the official docs for doing so seems like a good idea.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
11 Aug 2016 06:11 #52673 by Jiménez Salinas
Replied by Jiménez Salinas on topic Editing tx.ini/hardware.ini to enable modules
Days looking for solution to my appreciation of modules 3-1 and here I found her. Thank you

More
31 Dec 2016 21:06 #57404 by Michael Thompson
Replied by Michael Thompson on topic Editing tx.ini/hardware.ini to enable modules
Forgive me if I've missed something, but I just installed a 4-in-1 module from Banggood into my Devo 10 and could use a little help:
This is the module I'm using:
www.banggood.com/CC2500-NRF24L01-A7105-C...7.html?rmmds=myorder

I edited the Hardware.ini file to enable the additional modules and changed the values to the multimodule values shown in the wiki.
When I start up my Devo 10 after that I get the following:
Missing Modules:
MultiMod
=OK
When I press ENT the Deviation logo is shown and it looks like the transmitter is up and running.
I've only set up a lemon rx sat to this thing so far so I don't have any way to test the other modules until I can either download or create some more model files.
How can I fix the missing multimodule situation?

More
31 Dec 2016 21:46 - 31 Dec 2016 21:47 #57405 by gdenton
Replied by gdenton on topic Editing tx.ini/hardware.ini to enable modules
Check out this thread, specifically post 55157 (scroll down the Devo 10 instructions):

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/5434-3in1-4in1-rf-module?start=940#55157
Last edit: 31 Dec 2016 21:47 by gdenton. Reason: more info

More
01 Jan 2017 03:43 #57411 by Arnold

Michael Thompson wrote: ... I edited the Hardware.ini file to enable the additional modules and changed the values to the multimodule values shown in the wiki.
When I start up my Devo 10 after that I get the following:
Missing Modules:
MultiMod
=OK

The Devo does not see the 4-in-1 module as a Multimodule, so don't remove the ";" character from the beginning of the Multimodule line in the Hardware.ini file. That should solve the Missing Modules error. If not, then we need to see your Hardware.ini file settings and we need to know the pads where you wired the 4-in-1 into the radio.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
01 Jan 2017 22:18 - 01 Jan 2017 23:40 #57441 by Michael Thompson
Replied by Michael Thompson on topic Editing tx.ini/hardware.ini to enable modules

gdenton wrote: Check out this thread, specifically post 55157 (scroll down the Devo 10 instructions):

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/5434-3in1-4in1-rf-module?start=940#55157

Arnold wrote: The Devo does not see the 4-in-1 module as a Multimodule, so don't remove the ";" character from the beginning of the Multimodule line in the Hardware.ini file. That should solve the Missing Modules error. If not, then we need to see your Hardware.ini file settings and we need to know the pads where you wired the 4-in-1 into the radio.

I'm going to open up my Devo and review my connections and .ini based on this thread.

I appreciate the pointers, gdenton and arnold!

EDIT
My connections match up with ones shown in the thread.
I changed my hardware.ini file to match the one shown in the thread.
Now restarting normally.

I really appreciate the help. thank you so much!

The only way I can test the functionality of the other modules is to find or create the model files for the other flyers I have.
DSMX works.
V2X2 protocol is first on the list of others with Hubsan and Bayang Toys being next.

EDIT #2

I set up some quickie model files for each of the protocols I listed and I have been able to fly each accordingly!

So far I would say that the multimodule is being seen and is operating.
I haven't done any range tests with it yet but that's next.

Again thank you!
Last edit: 01 Jan 2017 23:40 by Michael Thompson. Reason: More updated information

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds