Multimodule install questions

More
05 Jan 2016 04:41 #41388 by Jasenk
Multimodule install questions was created by Jasenk
I have a Devo 10 and plan on adding an MM board with a nrf24l01 chip for now and the other two later. I've read many many post but I still have some questions.

I'm confused about the stock Devo cyrf6936 , some places I see to remove it and possibly put it on the MM board, other places I see it stay in the stock location. Is this optional or something? Can someone please explain?

Also I bought the ATtiny84A chip and I saw something about it not being the 24 chip and changing t24 to t84. What does that mean? Any setup I need to be aware of for the different chips? I ordered the 1.3 version card and intend to program it via the TX. Any special dfu file for the 84 version?

Sorry if this has been answered already.

-Jasen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2016 08:26 #41394 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Multimodule install questions
The MM board is made for a couple different Tx's, some of which do not have a CYRF transceiver. So then a CYRF can be added to the MM board. Since the DEVO line of Tx's already have a CYRF in them, you don't put one on the MM.

If I recall correctly, when using the DEVO 10 to flash the ATtiny, you don't need to worry about that edit from 24 to 84. I think that only applies when using a USBasp to do the flash of the ATtiny.

Here's my experience on the MM build, not a real how-to or tutorial, but has some tips and ideas.

>>> www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2441459 <<<

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

More
05 Jan 2016 11:46 #41400 by Jasenk
Replied by Jasenk on topic Multimodule install questions
Thanks for the quick reply. I understand now. That makes sense.

-Jasen

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds