Newbie trying to setup transmitter

More
23 Feb 2016 11:54 #43502 by rsbkh
Newbie trying to setup transmitter was created by rsbkh
Hi, I'm new to deviation with my devo 10 and the rx1002 that came with it. I'm building a 550 quad copter that I'd like to use for aerial photography and I'm now at the point where I should make sure the motors are running the right way. I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up the transmitter. In particular I want to set up the gear switch for my retractable landing gear, aux 4 and 5 knobs to control the pan and pitch for the the gimbal, and then some switches for the position hold, rth, failsafe, altitude hold and so on. Setting up the switches seems so convoluted. How do I assign them to a particular channel? How do I set them to up to send a signal to the FC to raise or lower the landing gear? Can someone point me to a tutorial on this or explain to me in detail how this can be done? The manual is so vague that it's no help at all.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2016 12:42 #43504 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Newbie trying to setup transmitter
Are you using the stock firmware on your transmitter or are you using Deviation? Also, what flight controller do you have on the quad? Please provide enough detail so the right people can reply.

One last item, are you a new pilot or do you have experience with small quads or other aircraft?

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
23 Feb 2016 13:21 - 23 Feb 2016 13:22 #43506 by rsbkh
Replied by rsbkh on topic Newbie trying to setup transmitter
I'm using Deviation and the FC is a multiwii pro ez3.0 with GPS, Baro and Mag
I've been flying a small mjx x600 for about 6 months.
Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 13:22 by rsbkh.

More
23 Feb 2016 14:37 #43508 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Newbie trying to setup transmitter
You may be able to make use of this information: Multiwii Config

One note, the toggle3.bmp file is used to provide additional user-created icons on the screen; by convention users can modify or replace this file as they wish (it lives in the media folder). The one he is using is for a color Devo 8 or 6, so it won't work with your Devo 10, and the selections are already in this ini file. You may see blanks or question marks instead of icons. You can fix them by choosing different icons (model menu, main page config, arrow down to the "Toggle1", or other toggle button and hit enter). You can also search this forum for additional toggle3.bmp alternatives for the Devo 10.

Good luck and let us know how it goes, ask questions, whatever. If you make changes, please post your new config to the Model Configs topic area!

Thanks!

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds