Ultimate7e tutorial: Adding 2 potentiometers

More
22 Jun 2016 17:29 - 22 Jun 2016 17:29 #50951 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Adding 2 potentiometers
I soldered the pots into my u7e and calibrated them, what I find is that, I can only use mid section of the pot, so it is at 100% scale at appox +-45degree pot rotation, while the pot can turn 300degree there is big deadband on both ends of the pot.
Is it normal? Can I change it digitlally or shall solder 2x 1.5k resistor on both sides of the pot?
Last edit: 22 Jun 2016 17:29 by Fernandez.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2016 18:21 - 22 Jun 2016 18:22 #50953 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Adding 2 potentiometers
That's odd. It shouldn't be like that. What type of pots are they? Could you measure the resistance as you turn the pots from one side to the other. Also, if you can try measuring the voltage out from the pots as you turn them. The pots i use are 5kohms.
Last edit: 22 Jun 2016 18:22 by silpstream.

More
22 Jun 2016 18:58 #50956 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Adding 2 potentiometers
I also use 5k pots and after calibration get full movement from them

More
23 Jun 2016 08:52 #50977 by Fernandez
I measured the v out and bad luck it seem those pots have only mid area which works.......
I used these Taranis pots, took them out of the plastic covers.

www.banggood.com/One-Pair-FrSky-Taranis-...lider-p-1011451.html
So would not advise those.

so now need same small size but then full range, it is all very tight fit.

More
23 Jun 2016 11:16 #50981 by HappyHarry
those are the shoulder sliders hence the small range of travel, you need the top pots bud >> alofthobbies.com/frsky-top-pot.html

More
23 Jun 2016 12:10 #50984 by Fernandez
Do they also have a center click? I hope size is excact same as it is all fitting snug in my u7e

More
23 Jun 2016 12:45 #50986 by HappyHarry
yeah they have the centre click and are exactly the same size also bud, they will be a direct replacement

More
10 Jul 2016 05:34 #51499 by MegaHurts
Replied by MegaHurts on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Adding 2 potentiometers
Hello,

Great mod addition for the Devo 7E. It really needs at least one additional variable channel function.

But I am confused as to what version of firmware supports these pots and is the processor upgrade required in order to have a successful implementation?

Thanks and grateful for all you guys have done to make the Devo 7E such an awesome TX, Robert.

noob Quad Pilot. New Devo 7e owner Thanks to DeviationTx FW:) & modding community.
Favorite 7e Mod: "Don't Panic" Splash Screen from tHHGttG books by Douglas Adams. Truly missed by us Travelers.
Flying: ZMR250 Racer and scratch built Quads.

More
10 Jul 2016 06:11 #51503 by silpstream
You will need to upgrade your processor to implement this mod. Builds are available in the test builds area and are maintained by either HappyHarry or myself. You can find the information you need in the first post of this thread.

More
10 Jul 2016 09:33 - 10 Jul 2016 09:37 #51515 by bianchifan
Replied by bianchifan on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Adding 2 potentiometers

silpstream wrote: You will need to upgrade your processor to implement this mod.

???

silpstream wrote: You can find the information you need in the first post of this thread.

Maybe I'm blind but i cannot see any mandatory dependency there..only a list of possible mods you made a tut for.

BTW 5K.. I only found 4k7 in my fund so i ordered a couple of encapsulated 10K audio pots;)
Last edit: 10 Jul 2016 09:37 by bianchifan.

More
10 Jul 2016 16:27 #51522 by John-Boy
Replied by John-Boy on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Adding 2 potentiometers
Hi,

Be careful, some audio pots are non-linear. Volume control pots are usually non-linear because of the way we humans hear sound. Balance & tone controls would be linear types.

Good luck... ;)

More
10 Jul 2016 16:40 #51524 by HappyHarry

bianchifan wrote: Maybe I'm blind but i cannot see any mandatory dependency there..only a list of possible mods you made a tut for.

BTW 5K.. I only found 4k7 in my fund so i ordered a couple of encapsulated 10K audio pots;)

the thread title states Ultimate7e bud, and the ultimate7e is a 7e with a processor swap. also there are several links to 5k pots that work in this thread if the ones you order don't work out for you :)

More
11 Jul 2016 17:01 #51553 by silpstream
@bianchifan, as HappyHarry stated, the Ultimate7E is a Devo7E with an upgraded processor. But I guess it's not necessarily clear to someone just stumbling onto this thread. Anyhow I've updated the first post to reflect the need for the processor upgrade. Thanks for pointing it out!

More
12 Jul 2016 02:41 #51565 by MegaHurts
Replied by MegaHurts on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Adding 2 potentiometers

silpstream wrote: @bianchifan, as HappyHarry stated, the Ultimate7E is a Devo7E with an upgraded processor. But I guess it's not necessarily clear to someone just stumbling onto this thread. Anyhow I've updated the first post to reflect the need for the processor upgrade. Thanks for pointing it out!

And stumble I did, through most of them I believe :dry: or Rather that is how all of this binge catch-up knowledge gathering is currently stored in my flash memory :S
Thanks for the answer(s) and @slipstream,: I totally understand the perils of writing a tutorial thread(s). :blush: Perspective gets you every time sooner or later. :lol:

If my "old" re-flow station no longer functions, your tutorial on doing the Ultimate7e MCU swap gives a person hope of success for sure, again thanks for them.
Robert

noob Quad Pilot. New Devo 7e owner Thanks to DeviationTx FW:) & modding community.
Favorite 7e Mod: "Don't Panic" Splash Screen from tHHGttG books by Douglas Adams. Truly missed by us Travelers.
Flying: ZMR250 Racer and scratch built Quads.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds