Delayed flaps

More
01 Jan 2017 14:42 #57417 by Solmer
Delayed flaps was created by Solmer
Hi! Happy New Year :)

I need to know how to porgramm my DEVO 8S for a simple task....I've been searching the forum and I've found some post about the delayed fuction but I can't understand the process, maybe someone knows a more easy way to do what I need...now the task:

I've a model (HK Breeze) and I've asigned one switch of my Devo (MIX) with 2 options

1.- Both ailerons -5 (for "soaring")
2.- Both ailerons -10 (to reduce the speed when aproaching for landing)

What I need is to have the mode 2 of the switch delayed, I mean, when I switch the switch I want to get a -10 (it's just a number not the real one) but delayed and in a gradual mode....

Could be possible?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2017 14:59 #57420 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Delayed flaps
I'm confused by the way you've worded your question...

1.- Both ailerons -5 (for "soaring")
2.- Both ailerons -10 (to reduce the speed when aproaching for landing)

-5 and - 10 are channnel values or time delay? Assuming those are channel values (random examples) please tell me the specific [actual] values you want and then I need to know, do you want the time "delay" you ask about to prevent the channel from changing till after that time is up or do you want the movement of the channels value to take that time you specify to get to the new value?

Example:
MIX0 = -100
MIX1 = 0
MIX2 = 100
Your delay time is 10sec

You're in MIX0 and you flip to MIX1, should the channel value wait the 10 sec then instantly change from - 100 to 0 or should it immediately start to change the moment you flip the switch but take the delay period to move from that -100 to the new position (moving a value of 10/sec for that 10sec delay)?

If you switch directly from MIX0 to MIX2 should the delay compound or what would be your desired behavior there?

Can you post the model file you're currently working with?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
01 Jan 2017 20:47 #57438 by Solmer
Replied by Solmer on topic Delayed flaps
Hi Cereal Killer !

Thank you so much for your fast reply.

I'm attaching the model2.ini file but let me explain it just a little. The numbers -5 and -10 are values of both ailreons. I've programmed the MIX stiwch with the next values:

MIX0=NONE
MIX1=just put both ailerons down (just a little to increase glidding)
MIX2=just put both ailerons down a bit more than MIX1 to get an "air breaks" and slow donw the model when approaching the landing path.

Ailerons are 4 & 5 chan.

What I need is to get a delayed movement of both ailerons when using the MIX2, I mean..If i switch to MIX2 I want to get both ailerons down (with a value of 10 ie.) but gradually (ie 5 secs)

Doy you think that could be possible?

Thanks in advance for your help !!!!

File Attachment:

File Name: model2.ini
File Size:8 KB
Attachments:

More
01 Jan 2017 23:12 #57442 by Solmer
Hi Again Cereal Killer

" You're in MIX0 and you flip to MIX1,.........

NO should the channel value wait the 10 sec then instantly change from - 100 to 0 :pinch:

or.........

YES !!!! should it immediately start to change the moment you flip the switch but take the delay period to move from that -100 to the new position (moving a value of 10/sec for that 10sec delay)? <
That's what I need :woohoo:

Thank you very much :)

More
08 Jan 2017 06:25 #57672 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Delayed flaps
The thing with delays is that they apply to the entire channel; apply one to your aileron channels, and not only will your flaps slowly respond, but so will your aileron inputs!
To get around this, use a virtual channel for your flap settings; setup the switches with their values, apply the delay to the channel, then MIX this virtual channel into your aileron channel. Rinse and repeat for the second aileron channel.
Somewhere in here I've got a post describing the setup on my Durafly Vampire, dunno where off-hand...

More
09 Jan 2017 05:46 - 09 Jan 2017 05:58 #57727 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Delayed flaps
Here 's the thread where I also posed the question, and had it solved. Main input help was from JasenK's thread here .

As I said above, setup your switch values in one of the Virtual Channels instead; they act just like a "real" channel, but aren't associated with a transmitted channel, so can be seen as a sort of "working sandpit". Anyway, after your switch values, add another mix page, this one with a SRC of the same virtual channel (self-saucing channels?), curve of 1-to-1, and a MUX type of "delay". Now, the speed is set by the SCALE; I think it's something like 0.1sec per value, so a scale of 100 would take 10sec, 30 takes 3sec. For my vampire I went for 30 after some experimentation, as it was just too slow in real life with bigger values.

Then on your aileron channels, add another page to your mixer, SRC of the virtual channel above, and MUX type of "add". Probably need to invert the SRC (!Virt1) for one of the channels.

[EDIT] The SRC and curve type may well be wrong, others seem to say a SRC of None and a curve type of Fixed; I don't have my TX with me to check which is the case, just give both settings a try and see what works for you.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2017 05:58 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
12 Jan 2017 21:09 #57860 by Solmer
Hi RoGuE_StreaK!

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for the late reply...I've a cold :(

I'll try the settings on my TX and post the results. I'll put the model.ini to check everything works as should be in case of error.

Happy RC !

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds