Installing Frsky M9 Gimbal into Walkera Devo12S

More
27 May 2017 06:50 #62595 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Installing Frsky M9 Gimbal into Walkera Devo12S
does the magnet just pull off or is it glued in place? and can it be done without completely dissembling the gimbal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2017 07:12 - 27 May 2017 07:14 #62596 by saidem
OK and are the outpout votages the same between gimbals FRSKY and DEVENTION?
Last edit: 27 May 2017 07:14 by saidem.

More
27 May 2017 12:02 #62603 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Installing Frsky M9 Gimbal into Walkera Devo12S
No glue, just hold in place by friction, but the design is very good that after placing the screw, the friction is very large that the magnet can never turn.

More
27 May 2017 12:05 #62604 by richardclli
The output voltage depends on what is your Vcc, and the range is from 0 to Vcc, which means the voltage output is more or less the same as the potentiometer, so just no need to worry.

More
27 May 2017 18:20 #62610 by saidem
Ok for the answer and congratulations for this work. I do not know the 3 D impressions, but is the file you give us is enough to make the parts?

More
27 May 2017 18:43 - 27 May 2017 18:45 #62611 by magic_marty
Yes the file posted on the first page is what you need to get the parts printed...You need 2 of the m9 plates and 4 of the pressure plates per transmitter i used 3dhubs to get mine printed cause i don't have a 3d printer...This guy " SOC3D " did a super good job printing my parts and is very affordable with superb packing and fast shipping

3dhubs.refr.cc/QPQJ275
Last edit: 27 May 2017 18:45 by magic_marty.

More
27 May 2017 18:48 #62612 by saidem

saidem wrote: Ok for the answer and congratulations for this work and is it the samme Vcc between both? I do not know the 3 D impressions, but is the file you give us is enough to make the parts?

More
28 May 2017 06:18 #62618 by magic_marty
Took my 12s apart and proceeded to flip the magnets over on the sticks and all went well, was easier then i expected and the stick calibration turned out perfect with no need to edit the txini i get -100% and +100% on both sticks in all directions as is should..Really love how the M9 gimbals feel and no more worries about the stock gimbals wearing out anymore..Thanks so much for sharing this mod richardclli and the tutorial on how to install everything..

More
28 May 2017 10:08 - 28 May 2017 10:32 #62623 by saidem
For 3D printing what is the best choice of material, is the nylon or resin correct because I would like a soft finish?
Are the gimbals on ball bearing?
And can you tell me also the stick rod dimension, 3 or 4 mm because it's to know if I could put my old sticks?
Thank you very much.
Last edit: 28 May 2017 10:32 by saidem.

More
28 May 2017 11:59 #62629 by richardclli
I used ABS 0.06mm printing quality with custom designed support structure and works out color spraying finish. I will let you know the result after I have finished the ultimate mod.

Sure the gimbals has ball bearings, a total 4 bearings in one gimbal.

For rod dimension, I am sorry that you cannot reuse the stick head, it is different from Walkera. I think it is 4mm instead. It is better for you to measure before your buy a new stick head.

More
28 May 2017 12:00 #62630 by richardclli

magic_marty wrote: Took my 12s apart and proceeded to flip the magnets over on the sticks and all went well, was easier then i expected and the stick calibration turned out perfect with no need to edit the txini i get -100% and +100% on both sticks in all directions as is should..Really love how the M9 gimbals feel and no more worries about the stock gimbals wearing out anymore..Thanks so much for sharing this mod richardclli and the tutorial on how to install everything..

I am glad to hear that you love this mod. I am working on a mod for Devo 8S now, not sure if anybody interested.

More
28 May 2017 19:11 #62658 by magic_marty
Yes defiantly interested cause i have a 8s to..I don't use it as much as i used to after getting the 12 but still use it on occasion..

More
28 May 2017 19:13 #62660 by saidem
Thank you very much richardclli ,magic_marty and the others for information, I am waiting for your results the ultimate mod and I will make the modification. Thank you for your help and your work.
Have a nice evening.

More
30 May 2017 11:54 - 30 May 2017 11:57 #62700 by saidem

richardclli wrote: I am glad to hear that you love this mod. I am working on a mod for Devo 8S now, not sure if anybody interested..

I also have a DEVO 8S, and it might interest me.;)
Last edit: 30 May 2017 11:57 by saidem.

More
03 Jun 2017 15:36 - 03 Jun 2017 15:38 #62809 by saidem
For the modification of the magnets, is it must be done on each gimbal, right?
Do the FRSKY gimbals as sweet as the ones in the Devo 12S?
Possibly, can we restore the original gimbals?
Thank you for your answers.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2017 15:38 by saidem.

More
03 Jun 2017 16:37 #62811 by magic_marty

saidem wrote: For the modification of the magnets, is it must be done on each gimbal, right?
Do the FRSKY gimbals as sweet as the ones in the Devo 12S?
Possibly, can we restore the original gimbals?
Thank you for your answers.

yes on each gimbal flip the magnet over on only the Elevator and Throttle
The M9 gimbals are better then the original cause they have the magnetic Hall sensors and the stock gimbals use potimeters which wear out over time..

Yes the original gimbals can be put back in if you want..

More
04 Jun 2017 14:26 #62820 by saidem
My question about "Do the FRSKY gimbals as sweet as the ones in the Devo 12S" was whether the FRSKY sticks are more flexible than the DEVOS, especially the spiral springs?
Otherwise I made the cost of the modification: 3D printing 40$, screw 8$, gimbals 45$. Is it the same amount for you?
Thanks a lot for your answers.

More
04 Jun 2017 17:44 #62823 by Arakon
40$ to print these small parts is waaaay too much.. material cost is like a dollar a pop.

More
04 Jun 2017 18:53 #62825 by saidem
I completely agree with you, and that's what makes me hesitate to make the change.

More
04 Jun 2017 19:56 #62830 by magic_marty
I had 4 gimbal plates and 8 of the pressure plates printed and shipped to my door for a little over $12.00 so if somebody is asking $40 to print the parts they are way over charging ..

And the springs on the M9 gimbals are adjustable like the original gimbals only difference is you can choose to have the throttle have clicks in it or no clicks as you move it..

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds