Acro mode for Inductrix FPV

More
07 Nov 2017 04:20 #65594 by WildDoktor
Acro mode for Inductrix FPV was created by WildDoktor
Can somebody help me get my 7e setup so I can fly my Indi FPV in acro mode?

That's the question; here's a bit of history!

I found Ethernode's setup file here: www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...ix-for-devo-7e#59143 . It works great for flying the Indi FPV in "regular" mode; the "rates" switch works as well, and by now I'm finally flying in "100%" mode (FMOD switch).

But as soon as I flip the MODE switch to Acro, the Indi becomes impossible to fly...the slightest movement of the sticks acts like I just rammed the stick to the stops (the throttle doesn't do that). It doesn't matter which way the FMOD switch is flipped.

I'm *not* an acro guy; I do have FPV Freerider and the free DRL sim installed, and can kind of fly those (with my 7e), but the Inductrix...no way.

(Recently I bought an eachine e011 and put the Indi FPV board/camera/canopy into it, got the motors installed correctly, and it still acts the same way.)

It just seems like I need to somehow "calm down" the controls (in the 7e) when I flip the switch to Acro. I've looked at dozens of tutorials and videos, but haven't found one that makes sense to me.

So: Anybody care to work with me on this? :-)

I attached the .ini that ethernode uploaded, just so you don't have to go looking for it. I'm using it "as is" on my 7e.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2017 02:47 #65629 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Acro mode for Inductrix FPV
Use dual rates, drop AIL/ELE down to 50% then add 50% expo. You can go even lower with the rates if you feel like it, I find 50% pretty usable.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
08 Nov 2017 06:30 #65632 by WildDoktor
Replied by WildDoktor on topic Acro mode for Inductrix FPV

sbstnp wrote: Use dual rates, drop AIL/ELE down to 50% then add 50% expo. You can go even lower with the rates if you feel like it, I find 50% pretty usable.

I'm not sure how to accomplish that with this ini file; the FMOD switch is already set to change the rates to 60%, and the MODE switch somehow changes the board into Acro.

Oh...I suppose I could simply create a new model that's always in acro and already setup as you mentioned. B)

But...I'm stumped on the 50% expo. I mean, I know what "expo" is theoretically, but I haven't been able to figure out how to program it in.

Is there a good tutorial for the 7e some place that somebody can point me to that will show me step-by-step how to program lower rates and expo (and run the Indi in Acro mode)? I've seen lots of "generic" tutorials on rates and expo, but somehow I can't translate those to the 7e config...I'm really not a dumb guy, this is just new to me and I learn by watching. :-)

More
08 Nov 2017 06:41 - 08 Nov 2017 06:44 #65633 by sbstnp
I don't really have time for a tutorial but this is trivial to do. In the mixer section for AIL and ELE change the mixer type to EXPO&DR (instead of SIMPLE or COMPLEX) then you can adjust both rates and expo. There are 3 positions, for starters use the first (top) one since you don't need to mess with switches at this point, you can add different settings based on the switch position later.

Also, you can't have the Inductrix in acro mode by default since you need to toggle a channel to switch modes, altering the value is not enough. I think channel 5 is used for mode switching, that would be GEAR, a SIMPLE mixer with source set to a switch of your choice is enough.

If you can't manage I can upload an ini file but where's the fun in that?

Edit: I will add some screenshots later to make it easy to understand.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
Last edit: 08 Nov 2017 06:44 by sbstnp.

More
08 Nov 2017 06:54 #65635 by WildDoktor
Thanks! I also just found the User Manual...that may help. :lol: www.deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-7e-10

If you can't manage I can upload an ini file but where's the fun in that?

Exactly! I really do want to learn this, so I'll be giving it a shot (tomorrow...gotta go to bed at the moment!).

Interestingly, the current .ini has expo_dr already setup for AIL, ELE, and RUD. I guess since I'm flying the "non-acro" mode at 100% rates now, I can set the dual rates and expo to whatever I want, and switch to that when I hit acro mode. So I'm guessing I'd change this:

[channel2]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
scalar=60
curvetype=expo
points=-20,-20
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=FMODE1
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

To something like this:
[channel2]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
scalar=60
curvetype=expo
points=-50,-50
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=FMODE1
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

Ok...going to bed now. I'll dream about it and try it tomorrow. :P

More
09 Nov 2017 06:12 - 09 Nov 2017 06:20 #65643 by sbstnp
Some screenshots as promised, ignore the curve scaling on Switch 1 and 2, I have a bug which always displays the curve at 100% (custom Deviation version). And, to my shame I don't do ini files by hand, I always use the GUI.

No you can't really use the same switch for dual-rates and switching modes, since the Inductrix needs a channel toggle to switch from autolevel to acro and back again (channel goes low -> high -> low). I think I use ELE DR for mode toggling and FMOD for 3 different rates, I don't really use anything else but 50% rates since I only fly acro, I can do it in higher rates but it's too squirrelly and not enjoyable since the PID tuning is not crisp enough.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
Last edit: 09 Nov 2017 06:20 by sbstnp.

More
09 Nov 2017 22:54 #65676 by WildDoktor
Thanks! I got super busy yesterday / last night / today; will hopefully be able to sit down and digest this info tonight. :-)

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds