Modification Devo 12s Sticks with Hall Sensors

More
17 Jul 2020 15:11 - 17 Jul 2020 15:20 #76591 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Modification Devo 12s Sticks with Hall Sensors was created by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Hi,
I was fascinated by the modification of the original Devo Sticks with Hall sensors as described here: mcheli.blogspot.com/2020/01/diy-hall-sensor-gimbals.html

The components were cheap and the modification can be reset at any time without damage of the Transmitter, so I decided to start this project.
The modification is described very well and easy to understand, I can't add anything to it. Many thanks and compliments to the author!
After the assembly was finished it was very important to recalibrate the sticks of my Devo 12s. The control feeling is not different than before with the potentiometers.
I have already tested the modification daily for one week with my micro helicopters Walkera 4#3b (FP, Double BL, 52gr with battery) and Blade mcpx V1 (CP, Double BL, 51gr with battery). These two helicopters are very very nervous and it is important to control them very precisely. I did the flights indoor to have a better comparison without the influence of wind. On the sticks both helicopters feel the same as before, I could not feel any difference.
In comparison: My biggest helicopter, a Blade 180CFX, was still very calm in the air, also indoor tested.

I am very satisfied; it is a complete success, simple, uncomplicated and resetable.

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jul 2020 15:20 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2020 16:24 #76661 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Modification Devo 12s Sticks with Hall Sensors
After several outdoor flights with my helicopters and airplanes I can report that the control feeling:

Stick movement => Flight behaviour

by using the Hall sensors exactly feels the same as before with the potentiometers.

More
07 Aug 2020 07:40 #76662 by propnut
I have never found any difference between the two. People believe what they want to believe which is the reason marketing is such a profitable business. As someone once said "it is easier to deceive people than to convince them that they have been deceived"

Well done on the doing the job though. At least you satisfied your curiosity.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds