Interest in UniversalTx group buy

More
19 Nov 2015 06:44 #40206 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy

bmw111 wrote: So love it more and do it faster.

JK.

I can't do it at all. I've got ideas that might cause others to do that, but nothing I can do without community support - and that hasn't happened. If I could find two people who were willing to donate some time (no technical skills needed) I could get it off the ground. But so far, not even one.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2015 11:59 #40209 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
PM me. Let me know what I can do.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
19 Nov 2015 12:03 #40210 by 944storm
Replied by 944storm on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
PM me and let me know what I can do. I am willing and able to help.

More
19 Nov 2015 12:37 #40211 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
bmw111, I did chuckle, but I'm known for my "strange" sense of humor :p

More
19 Nov 2015 13:59 #40212 by bmw111
Replied by bmw111 on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
A project status report would be helpful -- list action items that need to be accomplished and their status. Could be just a simple bullet point list. If anyone is able to help with those items, they can post an acknowledgement and proceed. I'm willing to put some time in, but need to know what exactly is needed.

More
19 Nov 2015 14:00 #40213 by bmw111

blackmoon wrote: bmw111, I did chuckle, but I'm known for my "strange" sense of humor :p

So I'm not the only one. Good. I was starting to think this project is filled with people who take themselves WAY too seriously. :whistle:

More
19 Nov 2015 14:44 #40215 by mwm
I'm sorry if my reply bothered you, while I found it amusing, you struck a sensitive point. And now you've hit another one:

Want a list of things to do? Click the "Bug Tracker" link. If you're going to work on something, add a note to it. This should be easier to find.

More
19 Nov 2015 15:52 #40216 by Philipp
Replied by Philipp on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy

mwm wrote: [...]If I could find two people who were willing to donate some time (no technical skills needed) I could get it off the ground. But so far, not even one.

I've just briefly read through the 60-something issues posted on Mantis, not a single one related to the UniversalTX project if I did not miss one.
What needs to be done, and what can be done by somebody with some programming knowledge but very little expertise?

I realize that this is OT regarding the group buy, please feel free to answer in the development thread or to move this part of the discussion entirely.

More
19 Nov 2015 15:56 #40217 by bmw111

mwm wrote: Want a list of things to do? Click the "Bug Tracker" link. If you're going to work on something, add a note to it. This should be easier to find.

If I knew code I'd be all over those bugs. I'm not a programmer, heck, I'm just barely starting to get a handle on how mixers work. You said "no technical skills needed" -- OK, then make a list of items/tasks that don't require technical skills and let's see what we can do to help. We're talking specifically about the UniversalTx. Not coding bugs.

I have technical skills (Technical Editor by trade), but they are not coding related, more engineering documentation/review/procedural writing/etc. When the project gets close to having actual hardware to test, and you want a User Manual, now we're talking.

More
10 Dec 2015 19:45 #40792 by JerryT
Replied by JerryT on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
:cheer: Please add me to the list for purchase!

More
11 Dec 2015 02:33 #40795 by mwm

bmw111 wrote: If I knew code I'd be all over those bugs. I'm not a programmer, heck, I'm just barely starting to get a handle on how mixers work. You said "no technical skills needed" -- OK, then make a list of items/tasks that don't require technical skills and let's see what we can do to help. We're talking specifically about the UniversalTx. Not coding bugs.

The universal tx isn't far enough along in the hardware to deal have coding issues yet, so I can't do anything technical about it either. What it really needs is something to make it easier for those who can to work on it, and maybe some motivation to do so. An organization that would take donations, maybe but parts for developers and set up a bug bounty would help, but that takes at least three people to set up, and nobody who says they're willing to donate time has ever responded to an attempt to follow up on it.

FWIW, the "bug" tracker also lists bugs in the manual, feature requests, and web site issues. You don't have to have coding skills to help with those. Again, nothing on the universal tx there yet, but helping with those things could well mean more time to work on it for those who can.

I have technical skills (Technical Editor by trade), but they are not coding related, more engineering documentation/review/procedural writing/etc. When the project gets close to having actual hardware to test, and you want a User Manual, now we're talking.

We have a manual, but it's missing various things, and could certainly use some cleanup. The universal module won't really need any documentation, as you just plug it in and edit the hardware.ini file to match. But other parts of the manual silk probably get cleaned up before it gets finished.

More
31 Jan 2016 00:05 #42440 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
Add me in for a group buy too. At least two units.

More
31 Jan 2016 02:10 #42445 by justyn07
Replied by justyn07 on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
add me for one or 2.

More
08 Feb 2016 10:16 #42761 by Smarti
Replied by Smarti on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
I'm also interessted in one modul!

1. Devo 7e Ultimate: Multimodule - CC2500, NRF2401, A7105 + Switchmod + 2x Poti
2. Devo 7e Ultimate: 4in1 Modul, still upgrading ;)
Hobby Horizon 350 QX, QAV250 FPV Racer, JXD385, WLToys 272, Estes Proto X

More
08 Feb 2016 11:22 #42763 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
+ 1 interested

As you guys have published in the other thread that FrSkyX/D16 protocol source is ready to be implemented in DeviationTX I really would like to have the CC2500 module too besides A7105/NRF24L01 (FRSky telemetry, S-Bus RX...).
So either MultiProtocol module for 3 (instead of 2 HF modules) or better your newer UniveralTX module.

Too many nano and pico quads out there (H101, H8mini, H8 3D, DHD D1/FX-10), even with Acro firmware...so it is a must for a Devo TX :-)

Thomas

More
20 Feb 2016 22:11 #43385 by Mikaarce
Replied by Mikaarce on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
Interested in the universal TX too.

More
21 Feb 2016 14:49 #43412 by christian_cph
Replied by christian_cph on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
I am in for 2 :lol:

More
25 Feb 2016 22:35 #43650 by Psounder
Replied by Psounder on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
I would be interested in 2 as well.

More
31 Jan 2017 21:53 #58600 by TEAM BMAN
Replied by TEAM BMAN on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
2 please but Not at banggood prices either lol.

More
21 May 2018 04:00 #69348 by Jon.m.barter
Replied by Jon.m.barter on topic Interest in UniversalTx group buy
Hey guys, please check out the following rcgroups link. I am trying to convince walkera to bring back the devo 6s. If interested i could use your support.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3...-market#post39685876

I think i can possibly secure parts and tx shells that the deviation community can use to create a universal radio by using the devo 6s or 8s shells and motherboards.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds