Devo 6s super sale $140 SHIPPED EXPRESS!!!!

More
22 Sep 2015 08:31 #37955 by Jon.m.barter
Devo 6s super sale $140 SHIPPED EXPRESS!!!! was created by Jon.m.barter
Be advised guys, only 7 days left to secure 20 more units from walkera.

Walkera is removing the devo 6s from the market, a small spike in
demand had them reconsider and send out a few more units.: they are an extremely rare radio, but worth their weight in gold and an all around upgrade over the same sized devo 7e. Deviation on the devo 6s is the same as the devo 8s; quicker, easier, and more fun with the touchscreen

To buy link:
www.austars-model.com/walkera-devo-6s-24...m-wrx601_g11757.html

For more info link:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2492021&page=4

For module adding services:

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t...&highlight=Devo+hack

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2015 20:11 - 22 Sep 2015 20:19 #37969 by mwm
I wrote an article comparing the 6S to the 7E after I decided to sell my 7E and buy the 6S. Might be of interest to those considering the 6S, even though it's a bit dated. Hard to believe I really wrote this two years ago....

rc.mired.org/2013/11/devo-6s-vs-devo-7e.html

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 22 Sep 2015 20:19 by mwm.

More
22 Sep 2015 20:27 #37974 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Devo 6s super sale $140 SHIPPED EXPRESS!!!!
Is there enough room in the 6s for a multimodule as well as space for an Arduino mod? I am looking for additional controls for my quad for camera, gimbal and lighting. I can use the existing switches and buttons, but the Arduino mods give me more options.

This deal looks sweet, even if this is an older model.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
23 Sep 2015 00:03 #37978 by gdenton
Replied by gdenton on topic Devo 6s super sale $140 SHIPPED EXPRESS!!!!
Very tempting - but one concern I have is the lack of latest firmware test builds for this model, looks like all the latest test builds are only for the 7E and 10.
Am I seeing this right?

More
23 Sep 2015 03:44 #37988 by mwm
Test builds are uploaded by individual developers, and they choose what to upload. For instance, my FrSkyTelemetry test builds only include the monochrome screen Tx's because I'm looking for feedback on the UI, so haven't done the color ones yet. The monochrome ones got done first because my 6S doesn't have a CC2500 in it. If you want to test it on a 6S (or 8S, or 12S) just let me know, and I'll upload a build for those as well.

Personally, I think the 6S is in less danger of being dropped than the 7E. The 6S is pretty much the same hardware as the 8S, with fewer buttons. As such, code changes that work on the 8S just work on the 6S. In fact, right now I'm discussing adding changes specifically for the 6S, so we can add extra inputs to it ala the 7E.

And there's no way we're dropping support for the 7E.

More
23 Sep 2015 04:33 #37998 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo 6s super sale $140 SHIPPED EXPRESS!!!!

Deal57 wrote: Is there enough room in the 6s for a multimodule as well as space for an Arduino mod?

Deal57, the 6s has about as much room as the 7E, maybe a bit more in some spots and a bit less in others. I haven't put anything into mine yet, but I'm guestimating from my photos of the guts that there might be about an AA's thickness worth of space for about half the the TX height, to the sides of the battery holder. Maybe a bit less space up the top due to the module, but inversely maybe more space down the bottom.

My 6s is garnering a bit of interest at my local club; once people get their hands on it, feel the heft, and feel that it's like a condensed full-size TX, not being toy-like, they be like, totes jelly :P One says it's the perfect size for launching his $2K full-carbon DLG, his Spektrum (DX18 I think) being too bulky. I must say I really like the condensed size, full-sized TX's just feel so cumbersome now.

More
23 Sep 2015 21:32 #38006 by gdenton
Replied by gdenton on topic Devo 6s super sale $140 SHIPPED EXPRESS!!!!
I ordered 1 last night, their webpage showed "Ordered = 4" before I ordered and it still shows the same thing, hopefully enough will be ordered before the deadline.

More
24 Sep 2015 01:21 #38013 by Jon.m.barter
Replied by Jon.m.barter on topic Devo 6s super sale $140 SHIPPED EXPRESS!!!!
Should be good, i Went ahead and ordered one as well. By securing those 5 orders, walkera will release 20 more units to the wild. Its not much, but better than nothing for sure.

More
24 Sep 2015 02:03 #38018 by mwm

Deal57 wrote: Is there enough room in the 6s for a multimodule as well as space for an Arduino mod? I am looking for additional controls for my quad for camera, gimbal and lighting. I can use the existing switches and buttons, but the Arduino mods give me more options

I've got both a NRF24L01 and A7105 in my 6S, both with PCB antennas.

I'm not sure why you're wanting to add an arduino to the system. If it's for extra inputs, you don't really need the arduino. The 6S uses the same CPU as the 8 and 12, which not only has more memory, but has more pins than the 7E. So it's possible to add more inputs to it without needing to add a processor. And since we're not running into memory limits on the 8S, adding them to the 6S shouldn't run into memory issues either. The interesting question is wether this can be done without soldering directly to the pins on the mcu chip. This is under active investigation at deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussi...-switches-to-devo-6s

More
24 Sep 2015 11:48 #38026 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Devo 6s super sale $140 SHIPPED EXPRESS!!!!
Ok, it's Christmas in September again this year - I'm in for one. Looking forward to playing in color! :P

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
28 Sep 2015 13:52 #38160 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Devo 6s super sale $140 SHIPPED EXPRESS!!!!
yess, ordered

thx for sharing

More
24 Dec 2015 10:59 #41117 by Edwin
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know, I ordered a 6s from austars a month ago and it just arrived. One issue I found was that the mix switch did not work, I opened it up and compared it to this picture I found on the web :

i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h466/OnceAF...side_zpsf99ed6b3.jpg

Turns out the wires on the 3 pos switch were soldered in the wrong order so I corrected it to the order as shown in the pic, now my 6s is ready to go !.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds