Esky Belt cp v2 with spectrum AR6210 + Devo 8s

More
29 Apr 2013 19:48 #9342 by Jelmo01
HI
I hope that someone is able to help me out here. :-)

Does anyone have a good starting point configration to my old Belt cp v2 on a devo 8s.(receiver is spectum AR6210)

Thanks
Regards
Jelmo01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2013 02:49 - 05 May 2013 02:50 #9573 by RoJAck
I'll try to get there eventually... I just got Deviation loaded so I'm still learning my way around the menus and mixers. I also have a Belt CP V2 with a Spektrum 6 ch receiver in it, so eventually I'll set up my Devo 10 to fly it, but it's going to be a few days before I get to it, that's for sure. Though I have the Devo 10, I bet it would be pretty close to what you'd use for the Devo 8.
Last edit: 05 May 2013 02:50 by RoJAck.

More
05 May 2013 09:03 #9586 by Jelmo01
That's sounds great. Thanks a lot Rojack

Regards
Jelmo01

More
10 May 2013 15:58 #9808 by RoJAck
Got it! ...now I just have to figure out how to post it.

Keep in mind, this is an AR6110 and a Devo10, but I think it will translate easily enough to what you have.

More
10 May 2013 18:17 - 10 May 2013 18:22 #9810 by RoJAck
Ok, my quick test flight to prove it works was successful, but will need some sub-trims. This model file I am attaching is all zero sub-trims, so please go through the typical on-heli CCPM setup and center your servo arms and check your travel for things moving too far, interfering, bumping, etc. at full deflections (min/max throt and min/max aile and elev at the same time). (with motor unplugged of course!) All dependent on your particular head setup.

I'm using the "120" Swash type with the defaults (normal/60). My AR6110 is DSM2, so I use that. You could use DSMX for your AR6210. I have 7 channels set, and using "Advanced" Mixer GUI.

Note that on the heli and Rx, I have the front servo plugged into as ELEV (ch.3), looking from above the heli down, with the nose forward, the left servo is plugged into AUX1 (ch.6), and the right servo (the side with the tail rotor) is plugged into AILE (ch.2). This made the easiest setup in the Devo10. As usual, THROT is ch.1, RUDD is ch.4, GYRO is plugged into GEAR (ch.5) as is standard.

Using reversing in the mixer, the AILE (ch.2) is set as reversed, and also the RUDD (ch.4) is also set as reversed.

I put the GYRO channel on my AUX5 rotary knob to make it easy to adjust for me, but basically any value less than 0 is 'rate mode', and above 0 is 'heading hold' mode. I'm not sure if the gyro gain is really adjustable or not, but you could set this up to a fixed value of say '50' for starters if you wanted, or hook it to the flight mode switch for a few different values.

My setup basically only uses the flight mode switch and the throttle hold.
Throttle hold is set to always set throttle to -100 and use the full pitch curve.

Flight mode 0 sets AIL and ELEV servo throw (D/R) to 70% and limits negative pitch to something like -10% at full down throttle. Expo is 30% on Ail, Ele, and Rud.

Flight mode 1 is the standard V throttle curve with 50% at mid-stick and -/+ 100% at the ends. Flight mode 2 is a slightly higher throttle setting. F.M. 1&2 are both 100% throw (D/R) with the same 30% expo.

I'm definitely not saying that you should just load this and fly, but it is a starting point, and it got my heli off the ground. Please do check all your servo motions before attempting to fly.

File Attachment:

File Name: beltcp_spek.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 May 2013 18:22 by RoJAck.

More
10 May 2013 19:39 #9812 by Jelmo01
:-) Thank you very much Rojack. I will give it try tomorrow.

Thank's again. I owe u big time..

Regards

Jelmo01

More
08 Oct 2014 17:56 - 08 Oct 2014 17:58 #26013 by dremaer

RoJAck wrote: Ok, my quick test flight to prove it works was successful, but will need some sub-trims. This model file I am attaching is all zero sub-trims, so please go through the typical on-heli CCPM setup and center your servo arms and check your travel for things moving too far, interfering, bumping, etc. at full deflections (min/max throt and min/max aile and elev at the same time). (with motor unplugged of course!) All dependent on your particular head setup.

I'm using the "120" Swash type with the defaults (normal/60). My AR6110 is DSM2, so I use that. You could use DSMX for your AR6210. I have 7 channels set, and using "Advanced" Mixer GUI.

Note that on the heli and Rx, I have the front servo plugged into as ELEV (ch.3), looking from above the heli down, with the nose forward, the left servo is plugged into AUX1 (ch.6), and the right servo (the side with the tail rotor) is plugged into AILE (ch.2). This made the easiest setup in the Devo10. As usual, THROT is ch.1, RUDD is ch.4, GYRO is plugged into GEAR (ch.5) as is standard.

Using reversing in the mixer, the AILE (ch.2) is set as reversed, and also the RUDD (ch.4) is also set as reversed.

I put the GYRO channel on my AUX5 rotary knob to make it easy to adjust for me, but basically any value less than 0 is 'rate mode', and above 0 is 'heading hold' mode. I'm not sure if the gyro gain is really adjustable or not, but you could set this up to a fixed value of say '50' for starters if you wanted, or hook it to the flight mode switch for a few different values.

My setup basically only uses the flight mode switch and the throttle hold.
Throttle hold is set to always set throttle to -100 and use the full pitch curve.

Flight mode 0 sets AIL and ELEV servo throw (D/R) to 70% and limits negative pitch to something like -10% at full down throttle. Expo is 30% on Ail, Ele, and Rud.

Flight mode 1 is the standard V throttle curve with 50% at mid-stick and -/+ 100% at the ends. Flight mode 2 is a slightly higher throttle setting. F.M. 1&2 are both 100% throw (D/R) with the same 30% expo.

I'm definitely not saying that you should just load this and fly, but it is a starting point, and it got my heli off the ground. Please do check all your servo motions before attempting to fly.

File Attachment:

File Name: beltcp_spek.ini
File Size:4 KB

Hi

how can i convert this .ini file to Devo 7E please?
or someone can do it for me please ?
thanks...
Last edit: 08 Oct 2014 17:58 by dremaer.

More
30 Oct 2014 16:57 #26224 by Lambert050584
Replied by Lambert050584 on topic Esky Belt cp v2 with spectrum AR6210 + Devo 8s
I am also looking to convert this to the Devo 7E...it would be a life saver....please and thank you.

More
02 Nov 2014 22:22 #26266 by Deal57
I don't have this model, but I will take a stab at the conversion. Basically the Devo 10 uses different names for the switches, so you need to update those. Change the "RUD DR1" on channel 1 to "HOLD1" (the left 2-way switch). You should also change the GUI setting to use the gui-128x64 section, and change the toggle switch names. I have attached a file with these changes. :unsure:

Channel 5 is trickier because the Devo 7e doesn't have a pot. I think the below script can be used to set the Rate Mode to the left 3-way switch in position 0, and Heading Mode in position 2 (I think position 1 will be off). I do NOT have a way to test these except in the emulator, so I suggest using the emulator first! And of course follow the instructions posted by RoJack.

[channel5]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=SW A0
dest=Ch5
switch=SW A0
scalar=-50
[mixer]
src=SW A0
dest=Ch5
switch=SW A1
scalar=0
[mixer]
src=SW A0
dest=Ch5
switch=SW A2
scalar=-50

Good luck, and fly safe!

File Attachment:

File Name: BeltCP_Spe....ini.Txt
File Size:2 KB

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Attachments:

More
03 Nov 2014 03:47 #26270 by Lambert050584
Replied by Lambert050584 on topic Esky Belt cp v2 with spectrum AR6210 + Devo 8s

Deal57 wrote: I don't have this model, but I will take a stab at the conversion. Basically the Devo 10 uses different names for the switches, so you need to update those. Change the "RUD DR1" on channel 1 to "HOLD1" (the left 2-way switch). You should also change the GUI setting to use the gui-128x64 section, and change the toggle switch names. I have attached a file with these changes. :unsure:

Channel 5 is trickier because the Devo 7e doesn't have a pot. I think the below script can be used to set the Rate Mode to the left 3-way switch in position 0, and Heading Mode in position 2 (I think position 1 will be off). I do NOT have a way to test these except in the emulator, so I suggest using the emulator first! And of course follow the instructions posted by RoJack.

[channel5]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=SW A0
dest=Ch5
switch=SW A0
scalar=-50
[mixer]
src=SW A0
dest=Ch5
switch=SW A1
scalar=0
[mixer]
src=SW A0
dest=Ch5
switch=SW A2
scalar=-50

Good luck, and fly safe!

File Attachment:

File Name: BeltCP_Spe....ini.Txt
File Size:2 KB

Thank you very much,
I plan on uploading my settings as soon as I get inside from flying the Maste Cp and my Alias, that way you guys can see what I was hovering with a ton of tail wag, and a rough spoiling up... it's kind of janky, I know it probably shouldn't be working but it is working very sketchy.... I just want to know the right way

More
09 Apr 2015 09:31 #30924 by Henne22
Hey there ;)
are there any news about this model config. I have a Belt CP V2 with Belt CPX main frame and rotor head (direct to swash). Now i istalled a spectrum AR6210 reciever and i will fly the belt with my devo 7e. I use the test config and it seems to be that all works fine. But im scare to fly with this config. Is there anybody who has tested this config or have eventually modified this? It would be nice to know! thx and regards

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds