Heli-Max 100cp using Standard GUI

More
03 Feb 2014 20:32 #19793 by John-Boy
Heli-Max 100cp using Standard GUI was created by John-Boy
Hi all,

Here's my 1st contribution to model files. It's for my Heli-Max 100 cp.

I use this with my Devo 7e and a single 3 positon flight mode switch.
this uses the Standard GUI and has a very soft Flight Mode 0.

I think it has a decent screen display as well.

Give it a try and let me know what you think... ;)

Thanks

John L.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2014 22:50 #20148 by ave1
Replied by ave1 on topic Heli-Max 100cp using Standard GUI
I am unable to use this ini to fly mine. But I am using the AXE CP PPM. Is that my problem?

Thank you

More
11 Feb 2014 23:30 - 11 Feb 2014 23:30 #20150 by John-Boy
Replied by John-Boy on topic Heli-Max 100cp using Standard GUI
Hi,

Do you have a NRF24L01 module installed so you can use the 'SLT' protocol? You will need to bind the heli to the radio with the small button on the heli's main board if you do.

If you don't have the 24L01 installed, you will need an Anylink hooked to the trainer port. Select the PPM protocol and find which mode your Anylink needs. I have never used one before.

Search the forums for use of an Anylink.

Good Luck... ;)
Last edit: 11 Feb 2014 23:30 by John-Boy.

More
11 Feb 2014 23:34 #20151 by ave1
That must be the problem then, I have not installed the module. I use the Anylink.

I have such a difficult time using/learning the advanced mixer

More
12 Feb 2014 02:20 #20155 by John-Boy
The advanced is ok for planes, heli's? I don't know what they were thinking.

I have over a dozen popular heli's using the standard gui and they work great.

One thing I am going to suggest is change in the throttle hold. I want to adjust the throttle and collective seperately. Throttle to -100 (stop motor) and collective to 0 degrees to minimize damage...

More
12 Feb 2014 02:35 #20158 by ave1
Well, it now has turned into a quest for me, to learn the advanced GUI. I am having a difficult time with it. I make adjustments and not so sure I am doing it correctly. Like for pitch, I need to adjust the curve in normal so I quit smacking the heli into the ground. And then pitch on this heli (Axe CP SS) has bunches of collective, very fast. I don't blame others here for not getting so involved with me, Most have really tired to help me I am very slow to learn this stuff. All my other heli's use the standard GUI but my AXE CP SS and now the solo pro 180, one must know the advanced GUI. Everyone has been really helpful and sent me ini's to fly them but, I feel I must know myself, wouldn't you?

More
12 Feb 2014 03:49 - 12 Feb 2014 03:50 #20159 by John-Boy
I guess, but why? What does the advance gui give that cant be done with the better looking, easier to use, standard gui?

The only things I see are functions that have been purposely locked from the standard gui.
Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 03:50 by John-Boy.

More
12 Feb 2014 08:10 #20169 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Heli-Max 100cp using Standard GUI

John-Boy wrote: One thing I am going to suggest is change in the throttle hold. I want to adjust the throttle and collective seperately. Throttle to -100 (stop motor) and collective to 0 degrees to minimize damage...

AFAIK you can configure a whole separate pitch curve for the throttle hold state...

More
12 Feb 2014 08:13 #20170 by FDR

John-Boy wrote: What does the advance gui give that cant be done with the better looking, easier to use, standard gui?

A lot.

Think as if the standard gui was a calculator with the four base operation, and the advanced gui was the MS Excel...

More
12 Feb 2014 09:44 - 12 Feb 2014 09:45 #20175 by John-Boy
I can appreciate the advanced gui, problem is that it takes 2x as long to do anything on a collective heli.

I have loaded many ini with adv gui for models I have. Each has been interesting in what works and what doesnt. Each is unigue to the person setting up the ini for the model.

If I give you one of my ini's, in the stand gui, you can immediately use it or know exactly where to find the functions you wish to customize.

Dont be quick to underestimate the appeal of a stand gui. There are plenty of things to customize in Deviation, I just dont have the time to spend on long setups. The stand gui is good 95% of the time. I see a few tweaks that would make it 99% and save me time.

I will be using the advan gui plenty in the future, too many models I own need custom controls. I just see beginners to Deviation, like myself, being familiar with the stand gui and getting our models in the air. Most advan users here will setup models on their pc's then run the sim to test.

I'm a bit of a pack-rat and have many different manu's of helis and their radio gear. That' what drew me to Deviation in the 1st place.

Top notch stuff, thanks guys.... ;)
Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 09:45 by John-Boy.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
12 Feb 2014 09:57 #20178 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Heli-Max 100cp using Standard GUI

John-Boy wrote: If I give you one of my ini's, in the stand gui, you can immediately use it or know exactly where to find the functions you wish to customize.

If you'd give me a config with advanced gui I will understand that too in similar time. It is just a question of what you are used.
You are probably at the point where you are not longer fully satisfied with the options the standard gui gives to you. This was an expected progress - with more experience you will have a basic understanding of what the advanced gui can give you more. Not every flyer / deviation user will get to this point.
For myself I don't look into the ini-files often (honestly just for debugging purposes). I load them in the emulator and flip through the screens to see what the config does...

More
12 Feb 2014 13:49 #20188 by FDR
I often read the model file directly, especially other's problematic ones here in the forum: it is easier to open them in the browser, then download, rename, copy into the emulator, run the emulator, and load the config... ;)

Believe me, most of the time advanced configs are simpler then the standard ones.
For example for my 100 class CPs I use one common pitch curve for all flight modes, so I don't need to look at all three flight mode curves plus the one of the throttle hold to see what was set up.
Often I don't bother with dual rates either, so the config can be even simpler... (BTW the DR page of the advanced gui is much cleaner IMO)

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds