Help converting my SuperCP to Phoenix Model - FMOD

More
17 Jan 2015 22:28 #27778 by mswanson25
Hi, I took my SuperCP model which is working fine and simply changed the transmitter protocol to PPM and changed the model name.

This is working in Phoenix, except my FMod switches do not work as expected.

It goes to 100% throttle, but it sees the pitch at throttle down not as 100% negative. The heli takes off and goes sky high like the pitch is at 100% positive.

I could sure use some help with this one as I'm brand new to deviation, the Super CP is my first heli and I just got into this sport about 6 weeks ago.

What do i need to do to make my FMOD1 and FMOD2 work in Phoenix like they work with my SuperCp in real life?

Thanks alot!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2015 23:11 #27780 by mwm
This is almost certainly a Phoenix config issue, not a deviation issue. There are far to many things that could cause that behavior to troubleshoot here. I'd recommend either using google to find a "how to configure Phoenix to look like your helicopter" tutorial (I wrote a Phoenix/deviation tutorial, but it's more about getting as much flexibility as you can out of the combo than making it look like a specific helicopter). If you're in the US, you can also try calling Horizon Hobby tech support and asking for help with this. They are usually very good.

Ok, one quick thing to check. Make sure you didn't configure Phoenix with an idle up or stunt mode switch. Your Tx has proper pitch and throttle curves, so having Phoenix do it would cause problems.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Jan 2015 23:08 #27866 by mswanson25
You're right. I used a config from when i set up phoenix when it was still devo and it worked! I don't know why I can't calibrate Phoenix correctly with deviation though, but I'm so lucky I still have that configuration available to use.

I guess i'll call it a day, keep practicing, and just keep a backup of it just in case.

Thanks for the help!

More
20 Jan 2015 02:35 #27870 by mwm
Phoenix configuration has gotten "smart" recently. If I've got it figured out (and recalled) correctly, anything that isn't 0 when you start the config is going to be a switch, and will only ever have maximum and minimum values. So 3-positions switches won't have a middle positions, and if you have extra analog controls they won't be usable as such - unless you set them to 0 when told to "center your controls". Maybe that's the issue you're running into?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds