Mixer for a glider with retractable pylon.

More
09 Mar 2015 18:00 #29502 by saidem
Hello,
I want to know how to make the mix for a glider with a retractable pylon controlled by a servo winch 1/2 turn.
At the original TX, the first gas notches are used to lift the pylon, then the motor starts. The opposite for the retraction.
There was also in switch that controls the extension and retraction the pylon the condition that the motor is not running.
Thank you in advance.
A big thank you to people who answer me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2015 18:40 #29503 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Mixer for a glider with retractable pylon.
Hi, before anyone answer anything we need details! What model devo and what RX? Any mods to the devo and what FW is it running? How many channels and what channels are what? Any auxiliary systems (e.g. Lights or flight modes). You didn't give us the info we need to help you...

Do you have a system to physically disable th motor while retracted? There are several ways you could go about it but you didn't mention any. It's best you have something that physically disables the motor while retracted, it can probably be done in the mixer, delaying when the motor starts to spin or a simple throttle safety switch, but to ensure you don't cut your glider up on accident its best to have a on-board physical safety in place.

Can you give us more details so we can help you out.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
10 Mar 2015 12:33 #29523 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Mixer for a glider with retractable pylon.
Hi,
Excuse me, here are details;
This is for a 10 Devo with V4.0.1 release, RX Orange 615X DSM2 / DSMX 6CH.
The glider is called DG1000 distributed by T2M.
5 channels are used, T, A, E, R and a way for the servo winch, nothing more.
As I mentioned, there is a switch that controls the winch motor stopped (by switching it, it does extend or retract, then the gas and the propeller turns one puts).
So we can choose to always leave out the winch or get him out and go automatically when you put the throttle. The propeller is automatically in the right position to get home.
Thank you for your work.

More
11 Mar 2015 16:03 #29569 by saidem
Hi
I forgot to tell you about my TX I put the safety "sticky" throttle hold, and I would like to keep with the glider.
Sorry.
See you soon.

More
11 Mar 2015 22:34 #29578 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Mixer for a glider with retractable pylon.
Sounds like you want a mixer to output on channel 5 based on throttle position. Use a min/max curve and set the value to where you want the pylon to raise, and the scale and offset appropriately for the required servo endpoints. Use CH1 as the source instead of THR if you want the throttle hold to also affect the servo.

For example, this changes channel 5 from -100 to +100 when THR is above -90.
[channel5]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=THR
dest=Ch5
curvetype=min/max
points=-90

More
12 Mar 2015 12:36 #29592 by saidem
So I have to work on channel 5 and nothing to do on the throttle, I would have thought the opposite, but I do not know enough about this programming. I'll make this program a Devo7e with my servos and my RX, because it is a friend who has the glider and Devo 10. I think do a Devo 7E should change anything because it has 2 switches.
See you soon if you have other explanations.
Thank you.

More
16 Mar 2015 17:53 #29767 by saidem
Hello,
Sorry I tried the mix, but it does not work, in fact the standard curve with min / max channel 6 will be active only halfway down the stick and not the beginning regardless of the return value channel 6 and the switch no longer works.
I tried to make the dead zone on the throttle curve with 11 points, I did well, but it does not change for channel 6.
I use channel 6 for the 5 there safety throttle.
Thank you for your help.

More
17 Mar 2015 01:45 #29772 by hexfet
Click on the min/max curve box to change the crossover point. That's the "points=-90" in the mix above.

If you post your model file more eyes might see what's going on.

More
17 Mar 2015 17:25 - 17 Mar 2015 17:38 #29781 by saidem

File Attachment:

File Name: model9.ini
File Size:4 KB

Hello and thank you for your help.
I opened my eyes wide when I saw that we could move the crosshair of the curve, I was satisfied to go below the text box to change the scale, so thank you. This works on the principle, but not in the right order. When I move the throttle, it will start immediately and then with a small delay channel 6, in fact I want the opposite. First channel 6 and then the throttle. But the switch channel 6 does not work either.
I attach a file.
Thank you for your help, soon.
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2015 17:38 by saidem. Reason: Add File

More
18 Mar 2015 00:22 #29800 by hexfet
The attached model should be close to what you want.

The file you posted has HOLD1 as the safety switch, which doesn't exist on the Devo 10. I changed it to RUD DR1.

You were on the right track with the 9-point curve. I set it on CH1 to stay at -100 until the throttle stick is above 1/4.

Since you said only 5 channels are used I put the pylon servo mixer on channel 5. If it's plugged in to 6 on the receiver you can move the plug or move the mix to channel 6 in the tx.

The pylon mixer has two mixes. The first activates when the throttle stick is above 1/10, and the second on AIL DR1. So AIL DR1 should raise the pylon when the throttle is off. You can play with the scale and offset to adjust the servo endpoints.
Attachments:

More
18 Mar 2015 19:58 #29839 by saidem
I tried to put your program, but I am having some difficulties. I put on channel 6 (FMOD of Devo 7E) the mix and I did this:
CH6, Complex
Mixers, 2
Page 1
Switch, None
Mux, replace (when Muxing "replace" is selected, it does not appear in the printed paper, I had to search a bit, I point for beginners like me!
Src, THR
Curve, Min / Max
Value - 90
Scale, 100
Offset 0
Trim

Page 2
Switch, FMODE1
Mux, replace
Src FMODE1
Curve, Min / Max
Value, 0
Scale, 100
Offset 0
Trim

My file, it does not appear "usetrim = 0" ???

Here is the result:

When the stick is down I ride a bit, servo winch does well his whole race, the throttle servo, has not yet started, and then the throttle works properly to the top. If I back down the stick, it does the opposite. So why is OK and it's magic !!!, thank you Deviation.

By against when I move the switch "HOLD" position 1 (ON) Throttle servo pass less 45 to 0 degrees, whereas with the Throttle stick in normal operation, it is well less 45 to +45 degrees. So it is not correct because the engine could start in its storage.

The FMOD switch to raise the tower correctly when the throttle stick is down, so there it is OK and great.
By against when Throttle is outside the low position, he maneuvered the servo pylon about 5 degrees, I do not know why?
So there is the 2 small problems to find ...
But already, thank you.
Along the new programming file.
See you soon

File Attachment:

File Name: model9-2.ini
Attachments:

More
19 Mar 2015 15:19 - 19 Mar 2015 16:44 #29882 by saidem
We are moving!
To state: Throttle Stick down.
In fact it was coming from
1 programming the "sticky trottle hold" on the CH1 the Safety Virt1 had as a security 0, I put less 110, but that was not enough, 120 either, and I put at less 130 and there it works.
I have set the trims to 0.3, so the Throttle, I put the trim to a minimum, making it less 130. And with this value it works very well.

2 I quote: "By against when Throttle is outside the low position, he maneuvered the servo pylon about 5 degrees, I do not know why?"
In fact 5 degrees shift came trims
I saw in the channel monitor output when I switched the FMOD switch CH6 this happening:
Throttle stick to bottom, from less 130 with FMOD 0 to less 100 with FMOD 1, and when the stick was in middle position, it went from 70 to FMOD 0 to 100 FMOD 1 with.
So I modified the first mixer CH6 (page1) "NO TRIM" and everything works now.
It only remains to try it on good radio and the glider. All tests were done with the servos I hope that with ESC and motor it will behave the same way.
I also added the prohibition on the CH6 to maneuver the pylon if the "sticky" trottle hold is ON.
I post the Devo 7E file. In any case, your programming was right, a thousand times thank you.

File Attachment:

File Name: model10.ini
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Mar 2015 16:44 by saidem. Reason: addition file

More
26 Mar 2015 17:02 #30301 by saidem
Hello,
We tried programming on the actual glider and it works very well. However, this programming is based on the position of the sticks to the various programming curves. That is, it is dependent on the speed of movement of the sticks.
Programming the original TX is based on the time, so independent of speed sticks.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds