Have to rebind after making adjustments?

More
16 Jul 2015 16:04 #35529 by jk6stringer
Have to rebind after making adjustments? was created by jk6stringer
Any one know why I have to rebind my Devo (may others too) receiver after I make channel number adjustments?

Also does anyone know where the binding info etc is stored on the model ini files? If I copy my previously saved model.ini back to my Devo 10 the binding comes back.

Very odd, and frustrating when editing models.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2015 11:32 #35558 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Have to rebind after making adjustments?
What channel adjustments?

THR?

Failsafe maybe?

I thought the left channel number (ordering) is always fixed (depending for a specific protocol, e.g DEVO vs DSM) but you are only allowed to change the right SRC (input) mapping.
So I see no reason for a rebind.

Are you talking about DEVO auto bind?

What is the value your fixed ID field? Is it set to a fixed number or is it empty (auto bind on each ON/OFF and RX-flightpack replug).

More
17 Jul 2015 14:33 - 17 Jul 2015 14:33 #35563 by jk6stringer
Replied by jk6stringer on topic Have to rebind after making adjustments?
Thanks for the reply. This is happening when I was trying to clean up and remove my extra unused channels. It looks like I just left it to the default 8Ch using the DEVO protocol, Im only using 3 Channels so I wanted to clean it up and also turn off Telemetry which is also on by default. So Im only stripping away unused channels at the end of the series, Im not re arranging any or doing any adjustments to active channels.

To you other question I'm using DEVO auto bind, the fixed ID field is not even in the model.ini file.

Actually to be honest Im a little unsure as to the Devo binding works, I was only able to get it to bind when I first switched to Deviation, and now I just copy model.ini files when I create new models. Which is why I was thinking that maybe there is some other area that contains some data that I need to address to resolve my issue. I just dont see anything in the model.ini file.

Thanks for the help!
Last edit: 17 Jul 2015 14:33 by jk6stringer.

More
17 Jul 2015 18:08 #35573 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Have to rebind after making adjustments?
Auto binding stores no IDs in the model.ini file.
So it has to re-bind each time RX + TX.

I guess there is a HF module specific ID which is used on negotiation.
Others may know more...

I am coming from the Spektrum DSM receiver world...

The Devo RX will (probably) not store any TX specific IDs permanently, so it goes into binding mode each time.

Walkera describes the "auto bind" procedure in their manuals e.g for Heli copters like MasterCP, V120D02s.

No problem copying the model.ini auto-bind files.

Spektrum DX8 uses on DSM ModelMatch for a specific model slot, so the model id is additional stored with unique TX-ID in the RX.
Seems it works jumping between models (TX wide HF ID) and flying #2nd plane/heli on #1st model slot.

Personally I am not aware of a "ModelMatch" feature in DeviationTX with Spektrum receivers.

@Developers:
May be interesting to introduce that, if possible? Or is it in already and I am not aware of it?

Thomas

More
18 Jul 2015 05:57 #35600 by mwm
IIUC from using a Dx6i, the "model match" feature of Spektrum Tx's is done in deviation via the bind id. An bound Rx will only connect to a model on the bound Tx with the same bind id. Using different bind id's means the models won't connect, giving you the benefit of model match along with the ability to use an Rx with multiple models if you want to.

If you are using the Devo auto-bind feature, then you should have to bind every time you reset either the Rx or the Tx. Both ends should enter bind mode on such a reset, though you may need to power cycle the Rx. Changing the model config in some ways may need a reset of the rf module for the changes to take effect, which will cause it to disconnect and enter bind mode. If you set a bind id, it should reconnect automatically without needing to bind.

That said, I may be misunderstanding the problem, as the term "bind" gets misused a lot. What exactly are you having to do after a change, and what do you expect to need to do? If you can find out, what does making such changes on a Tx running Walkera firmware do?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Jul 2015 17:04 #36251 by jk6stringer
Replied by jk6stringer on topic Have to rebind after making adjustments?
Sorry for the delay, I was traveling for work then went on vacation.

Im not changing any of the protocol or bind ID settings, everything remains so that the model will autobind. However if I edit the model.ini by adding or removing channels, the model will not autobind. It acts like its in a unique ID scenerio but isnt. Thats why was wondering if there is a system file located elsewhere that is also involved in the process.

I know the reciever is still set up for autobind mode, becuase if I switch to a different model on my tx it will autobind just fine on power up etc. Or if I restore the backup copy of the model ini file.

strange...

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds