Neuron EZnov FBL Devo10 Setup

More
06 Aug 2015 20:07 - 06 Aug 2015 20:24 #36622 by WHERUATFOO
Neuron EZnov FBL Devo10 Setup was created by WHERUATFOO
Hello was wondering if anyone has setup a Neuron Eznov FBL. I just got mine in today and was going to set it up using a Devo10 with FrSky X8R.

neuron.eznov.com/
Last edit: 06 Aug 2015 20:24 by WHERUATFOO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2015 18:27 #38359 by WHERUATFOO
Replied by WHERUATFOO on topic Neuron EZnov FBL Devo10 Setup
Ok people need some help. I purchased an Orangerx R720x instead of using the FrSky for now since im waiting for the CC2500 to come in. I have the R720X SBus model i have everything working with the sbus port. The Neuron software see's the devo10 but all the channels are mixed up. For example "ALI" is the Throttle and "Pitch" is the Yaw. I have changed the channels in the in the mixer to match the software and it shows the right channels per stick movement and i have the radio set to MODE A but when i unplug from laptop it goes back to being all mixed up again.

My question is "in the mixer section (after you press HOLD R) can i reorder the channels to the left side because ive only been able to reorder the channels on the right side? Thanks in advance

More
06 Nov 2015 16:03 #39659 by NB HELI
Replied by NB HELI on topic Neuron EZnov FBL Devo10 Setup
did you succeed with the neutron EZnov??

I played with it for a good 2 weeks, I never been able to have it work like I want! I just gave up... winter project.

More
06 Nov 2015 17:43 #39662 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Neuron EZnov FBL Devo10 Setup

WHERUATFOO wrote: Ok people need some help. I purchased an Orangerx R720x instead of using the FrSky for now since im waiting for the CC2500 to come in. I have the R720X SBus model i have everything working with the sbus port. The Neuron software see's the devo10 but all the channels are mixed up. For example "ALI" is the Throttle and "Pitch" is the Yaw. I have changed the channels in the in the mixer to match the software and it shows the right channels per stick movement and i have the radio set to MODE A but when i unplug from laptop it goes back to being all mixed up again.

My question is "in the mixer section (after you press HOLD R) can i reorder the channels to the left side because ive only been able to reorder the channels on the right side? Thanks in advance

The Orange R720x is a DSMX RX so it uses a channel order of Thr, Ail, Elv, Rud, unlike most other protocols that use AETR. So if you create a new model and choose DSMX you will get channels set to TAER automatically. If you start the model with something else, you'll get AETR.

Start a new model, choose DSMX as the protocol, then you should be ok with this RX. I have an Orange 1020x with CCPM and it seems to work great.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
06 Nov 2015 19:44 #39665 by WHERUATFOO
NB- never got it to work right yet!

Deal- Thx for the advice I'll check in a little bit and see what happens. So don't use the sbus channel?

More
06 Nov 2015 20:55 #39667 by Deal57
You can use SBUS if your receiver has it (Orange offers both CPPM and SBUS). It is like CPPM and lets you simplify the cabling to your FBL controller.

More
07 Nov 2015 00:09 #39671 by WHERUATFOO
Deal - Just setup a new profile and plugged the neuron into THRO port and the software see the Rx cause i see PWM SUM but it doesnt see any stick movement. I tried putting it in different ports and get the same result. The r720x i have is the sbus model not the cppm model so its probably the sbus thats making it all mixed up im guessing When i plug it into the sbus it sees it and i get stick movement in the software but its all mixed up.

More
07 Nov 2015 00:56 #39675 by Deal57
The SBus version puts the SBus signal on the bind position, so that's where you want to connect the SBus port of the EZnov. I found a copy of the "manual" at www.parallax.com/sites/default/files/dow...r620-Manual-V1.0.pdf

Let us know how it goes!

More
07 Nov 2015 04:58 #39681 by WHERUATFOO
Deal- tried it out and still have the same issue. when plugging in the bind plug into the bind port it blinks fast and then it says if i pull it out it will blink slow. When pulled out it still blinks fast so not sure if those instructions work for the r720x too but i think they should but its not. Thx again for helping ill look on the web too and see if i can find something

More
07 Nov 2015 12:36 #39699 by Deal57
Maybe those instructions are not right... In any case, even before you bind, when you look at the Channel monitor on your TX, channel 1 should move when you use the throttle. If that's right your model is set to work with DSMX.

Here are the bind instructions for my R1020X (this is from a PDF on the HK site, so maybe more correct?):
BINDING PROCEDURE
1. Install a bind plug into BIND connector. In case if you want to disable telemetry function on the receiver, install second bind
plug into THRO connector.
2. Apply power to the receiver. It can be from 3.7 to 9.6 volts DC. Please refer to picture on the side of the receiver for the correct pinout
(GND, VCC, SIGNAL)
3. You will see the orange LED rapidly blinking. That means the receiver is in Bind mode.
Please note: If you installed second bind plug into THRO connector, both Orange LED and Red LED will blink simultaneously. That
means that the receiver is in BIND mode and TM function is disabled.
4. Follow the procedures of your specific transmitter to enter Bind Mode, the system will connect within a few seconds. Once connected,
the orange LED on the receiver will blink several times and go solid indicating the system is connected.
5. Remove the bind plug from the BIND and THRO ports on the receiver before you power off the transmitter and store it in a convenient
place.

The "manuals" for OrangeRX receivers are sadly lacking in detail, but I hope maybe this approach works!

More
07 Nov 2015 17:48 #39709 by WHERUATFOO
Thx a lot for taking time to help me figure this out. I'll try those instructions you sent me and let you know what happens. I have a frsky x4rsb but I don't think they got around to getting it to work yet with the nightly builds

More
07 Nov 2015 20:35 #39716 by FlipRide1
Replied by FlipRide1 on topic Neuron EZnov FBL Devo10 Setup

More
07 Nov 2015 21:43 #39720 by WHERUATFOO
I was looking at that one I may just go and get that so I can fly this bad boy already. The neuron just been sitting in this new zmr250 build for months I have new cobra 2208/2000 waiting to be used lol. Thx again I'm gonna try those new instructions you gave and see what happens. I'll let you know!!

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds