How to Program Snap-Flap Aileron on Devo10 ???

• Schiefy01
  • Schiefy01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Devo10 / Devo F7 / Devo F7DS
More
04 Nov 2015 14:30 - 04 Nov 2015 14:33 #39551 by Schiefy01
Hello,

when i fly my Glieder on windy Days, it´s very hard to Land, because the Wind gets lot off Lift up to the Modell.
To stop the Lift, i want to put the Aileron´s in an Spoiler Poition (Snap-Flap), to get drag (but must be also steered like Ailerons)

CH2 = AIL R/H
CH6 = AIL L/H
See Ini. Attached.

For Activation (20% Ailleron Down) the "Gear" Switch to be used.

Thanks
sven
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Nov 2015 14:33 by Schiefy01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2015 14:43 #39553 by mwm
If I understand, what you want to happen is to lower the ailerons bo 20 whenever the gear switch is on?

No problem. You'll want to do the same thing to both channels. Change the mix type from simple to complex. Note change the number of mixers from 1 to 2. The first mixer should be the one you already have. So set the second one to have a mux type of add, curve type of fixed, switch of GEAR1, and scale of -20. That should do the trick, but test it, and change the scale to tune it. In particular, you may needed to make it 20 if I got the effect backwards, and possibly 40 if I misunderstood what you meant by percent.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 Nov 2015 16:03 - 04 Nov 2015 16:03 #39556 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic How to Program Snap-Flap Aileron on Devo10 ???
You can find a nice model file for glider, made by Birdman, here : www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/3411-lanyu-asw28#25457

You can surely inspire yourself from it.
Last edit: 04 Nov 2015 16:03 by blackmoon.

More
04 Nov 2015 16:49 #39558 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic How to Program Snap-Flap Aileron on Devo10 ???
I'm not an expert, but from my understanding you actually want/need up flap for a spoileron to decrease lift?
Flaperon = down
Spoileron = up?
I've got flaperons AND spoilerons defined for my Durafly Vampire, flaperons are supposed to slow it down but spoilerons are supposed to help kill the lift to help it land instead of gliding across the ground forever. I've also got a fancy delay mixer in there so it does a smooth transition; might take me a while to get around to posting it though

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds