JJRC/Yizhuan Tarantula X6 model.ini/protocol?

More
17 Nov 2015 06:02 - 17 Nov 2015 06:02 #40141 by bmw111
I've seen people ask on here before for a model.ini for this model, but if nobody has one for this model specifically is there a model.ini for the same protocol (V2o2) that I can use to start tweaking so I can fly the X6 with my Devo 10?
Last edit: 17 Nov 2015 06:02 by bmw111.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2015 20:12 #40224 by AirPatoine
Replied by AirPatoine on topic JJRC/Yizhuan Tarantula X6 model.ini/protocol?
I just tried the one by SeByDocky on RC Groups. Doesn't look like it is specific for this model, but seems to fly fine. Only issue i am having is that the lights flash the whole time. Maybe someone knows what is causing this?

Here's the page with the download link: www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2344574

More
19 Nov 2015 21:13 #40226 by Deal57
The v2x2 protocol seems to work with a lot of quads. In general, channel 5 is the LED control, and some models allow you to set the blink speed from -99 to 99 (fastest), 100 means it is fully on. Also some models have modes that flash the LEDs like Headless, Flip mode or RTH. You can take out the channels 5 and above to see if that's what's happening. Channel 6 is flip, 7 turns on video, 8 snaps a photo.

But just about any v2x2 ini should work. For the Devo 10 if you have an ini for the Devo 7e you just have to edit the switch names. SWA is I think Mix and SWB is a 3-way you can swap for FMODE, since the 7e FMODE is a 2-way.

If you get stuck, post a message. If you get a good model.ini, post it!

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
20 Nov 2015 19:16 - 20 Nov 2015 19:17 #40245 by AirPatoine
Thanks for the info. I'm using a Devo 10. I assigned channel 5 to the Aux 4 dial and it worked like you said. At +100 the lights are on and as you turn the dial down they start fast flashing. As the dial is turned progressively down the flashing slows until at -100 it turns the lights off. I like the being able to adjust the lights in this way.

I haven't done anything with the other channels yet. Channels 6 through 8 are virtual channels. I don't know much about these so don't want to mess with them too much. I can't find any switch that changes the flight modes either. I usually assign different rates to the FMOD switch (high, medium, low). But can't find anything that has any effect.

I also can't get it to calibrate like the stock TX does. I will keep experimenting and if I come up with a good .ini I will post it. So far pretty happy with SeByDockys .ini and just changing channel 5 to Aux 4. The yaw rate is super slow, though, would like to speed that up. And I would like to get the flip and headlock mode working with my Devo 10.
Last edit: 20 Nov 2015 19:17 by AirPatoine. Reason: spelling correction

More
20 Nov 2015 21:10 #40253 by Deal57
If you haven't looked yet, the user manuals can be really helpful. They're listed on the left side menus. :dry:

Calibration and other tricks differ from model to model; with many if you use the sticks to go into calibrate mode on the stock TX (e.g. both to the lower right), then that should work on Devo. Let us know what you find out.

I've had to tweak Yaw rate, add channels and so on, so here are some code snippets you might be able to use. Tweaking Rudder (YAW) rate: The WLToys V676 has horrible yaw, here's how I got it livable. SWB is a 0/1/2 setting on the Devo 7e, so you could use Mix or FMODE on the Devo 10.
[channel4]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch4
[mixer]
src=!RUD
dest=Ch4
switch=SW B1
[mixer]
src=!RUD
dest=Ch4
switch=SW B2
scalar=120
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

I wanted to have my LEDs turn on/off on Channel 5, but if I go into Flip mode (channel 6), I want the LEDs to blink, so use this:
[channel5]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=SW A1
dest=Ch5
usetrim=0
[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE1
scalar=99
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed

[channel6]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Ch6
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

For some quads, you need to turn on calibration mode, or RTH, or headless. If channel 9 is headless, and you want to use a trim to turn it on, then in the Advanced menus, you need to set up the trim, then set your virtual channel, then set up your channel 9 settings. Be sure to test this in a safe area, just in case your quad wants to do something else! Here's the ini code:
[channel9]
max=100
min=-100
template=simple
[mixer]
src=Virt2
dest=Ch9
curvetype=zero/max
points=0
[virtchan2]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt2
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[trim5]
src=Virt2
pos=TRIMLV-
step=193
value=-100,0,0

Be sure to post your ini to this thread once you get it working. Happy Flying!

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
21 Nov 2015 01:50 #40261 by bmw111
Thanks for the detailed information. I could cut-and-paste your info into my model.ini, but I really want to understand the mixers and what they mean. When I look at your code snippets, I understand some things, but not all. For example, why in the yaw rate snippet is the first Rudder mixer (normal) direction, but the second and third are (reversed)?

The LED snippet is great, but why is it set up that way? It would be extremely helpful if you (or somebody) could take a couple of "typical" code snippets (setting up a three-position-switch, for example) and next to the code, write an explanation (in plain English) of what that means.

For example:
[channel4] <<this is the channel you're setting up/modifying>>
template=expo_dr << this is the template you've selected for this channel>>
[mixer] <<this is the first mixer you've set up for this channel>>
src=RUD <<this is the "source" the channel is taking information/signal FROM>>
dest=Ch4 <<this is the "destination" of that signal, on the Receiver; e.g., sending user input signal from the Rudder stick to Channel 4 on the Receiver>>

Something like that would really help me get Deviation figured out. Especially Virtual channels. I have no clue when it comes to those, and I've read all the write-ups. Still having a difficult time. I know this may be a lot to ask, but believe me, it would help all the newbies tremendously. If it's already been done somewhere, my apologies and please point me to it!

More
22 Nov 2015 04:04 #40286 by bmw111
Talking to a friend today who's just got a 7E with Deviation and he's having the same difficulty understanding things. He mentioned wanting "example" snippets, with explanations of what each line means -- just like I explained above. This would be extremely helpful for those of us new to Deviation. We're not newbs to the hobby, but Deviation is an entirely different way of doing things and when you've been using proprietary firmware/Tx for years (JR, Spektrum, Futaba, etc.), it's tough to think about this in a kind of new way. Any help?

More
05 Dec 2015 14:35 #40601 by MasterRC_sTudenT
Replied by MasterRC_sTudenT on topic JJRC/Yizhuan Tarantula X6 model.ini/protocol?
Devo 10 too. Same Issue with flashing lights here. Would you please post your model.ini file?

More
05 Dec 2015 17:36 #40603 by AirPatoine
I'm away for the weekend, but will post my file for the Devo 10 when I get back. I got it working with light control, and flip control. I also assigned three flight modes to one of the switches. Would like to get headless mode working too, but haven't had time to work on it. I bought it to carry a camera and gimbal, but when I put everything on it was too heavy. Bought a Cheerson CX20 and put my camera gear on it and have been having fun with that setup. The Tarantula is much better for sport flying, though.

More
06 Dec 2015 19:15 #40634 by AirPatoine
Attached my X6 .ini file. Rudder D/R is throttle safety in position 1. Aux 4 dial controls the lights. You can turn it from full on at 100 to full off at -100 and flashing at progressive rates in between. Flight modes are on the FMOD switch with high being position 2. Flips are on the Elev D/R switch with the down position enabling flips. Flips only work on FMOD 2 and will be activated any time you do a full stick movement in any direction, so be careful you can get an unexpected flip if you leave the stick down and make any sudden movements. I like it this way because it allows for quick successive flips and barrel rolls. I believe if you flip the Elev D/R switch down and back up you will only get one flip, but test this first because I forgot to on my last test flight.

Let me know how this works and I can post it in the model config section. If anyone can get headless mode to work that would be good too. I just haven't messed with it that much to get it to work and I don't use headless much anyway.
Attachments:

More
06 Dec 2015 21:27 #40639 by MasterRC_sTudenT
Replied by MasterRC_sTudenT on topic JJRC/Yizhuan Tarantula X6 model.ini/protocol?
Very, cool. Thank you. I'm downloading it now. Will install it into my Devo 10 and fly with it.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Again, thanks.

More
07 Dec 2015 00:30 #40640 by MasterRC_sTudenT
I can live with this because I have the Yizhan X4, so the only thing I could not do was adjust the lights. AUX4 did not respond. However, everything else did including flips and rate modes. Love it.

Thanks.

More
07 Dec 2015 05:41 #40647 by bmw111
Thanks for that .ini -- works good.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds