Eachine X6 Aileron Setup

More
15 Dec 2015 06:16 #40945 by Unihiron
Eachine X6 Aileron Setup was created by Unihiron
The Eachine X6 was sold for an incredible price recently. I heard it was compatible with YD717/SkyWalkr and indeed does fly with that protocol on my Devo 7e. However for the life of me I can't fix an aileron and rudder mixing issue. When I move the aileron left or right, the X6 also starts to yaw left and right as well. I have to apply opposite rudder to get a straight left/right motion with the aileron. This is not a problem with the stock transmitter. Is there a deviation setup I'm missing that will cancel out the yaw effect when I apply aileron to fly my Eachine X6? I've tried various curves available in the devo but I'm at a loss for not telling the X6 to not yaw with aileron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2015 13:09 #40954 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Eachine X6 Aileron Setup
Can you post the Model.ini that you're using? Perhaps another set of eyes can help rule out a settings issue.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
16 Dec 2015 22:57 #40995 by Unihiron
Replied by Unihiron on topic Eachine X6 Aileron Setup

Deal57 wrote: Can you post the Model.ini that you're using? Perhaps another set of eyes can help rule out a settings issue.

here is my .ini I hope this helps.

File Attachment:

File Name: model7.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
17 Dec 2015 01:27 #40996 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Eachine X6 Aileron Setup
This ini file is very generic, so if the protocol is working, then it should fly. What DFU version are you running?

The thing is, I can't find a reference to this model in any protocol files... where did you see that it is supported by Deviation? I read that the eachine X8 transmitter "might" work with the X6, but I cannot find any confirmation. It is certainly possible I missed a reference somewhere but it's not listed in the "Supported Models" spreadsheet and I found only one reference to the Eachine X6 in these forums which was just a question.

These manufacturers change protocols more often than they change socks :dry:

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
17 Dec 2015 04:25 #40997 by Unihiron

Deal57 wrote: This ini file is very generic, so if the protocol is working, then it should fly. What DFU version are you running?

The thing is, I can't find a reference to this model in any protocol files... where did you see that it is supported by Deviation? I read that the eachine X8 transmitter "might" work with the X6, but I cannot find any confirmation. It is certainly possible I missed a reference somewhere but it's not listed in the "Supported Models" spreadsheet and I found only one reference to the Eachine X6 in these forums which was just a question.

These manufacturers change protocols more often than they change socks :dry:

that .ini is barebones stock. no other changes. that's why its basic.

It does fly. I'm using the 2015-10-25 latest nightly download for devo7e. I found out online from a few videos that it is compatible with the skywalker protocol. no one mentioned the aileron mixing. It has to be a way to program the devo7e so it does not mix aileron and rudder for the quad. Everything else (like flips) work. all the controls work expect aileron. I understand it's not listed in the supported models list. Maybe my quest to program the devo 7e is futile. basically the quad almost works...just that one thing prevents me from flying it comfortably.

More
18 Dec 2015 21:28 #41022 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Eachine X6 Aileron Setup
Does using only the rudder cause any roll? If they've changed the trim channel order the driven trims might cause this mixing, though it seems unlikely if you've seen videos of others flying without issues.

More
18 Dec 2015 22:22 #41025 by Unihiron

hexfet wrote: Does using only the rudder cause any roll? If they've changed the trim channel order the driven trims might cause this mixing, though it seems unlikely if you've seen videos of others flying without issues.

I need to clarify. I have only Read and Heard reviews of people saying it will bind. It does. But no videos of it flying. When I apply rudder it does not roll. Only the aileron input is the only issue. Period. No one that I know of has mentioned this issue.

It's my own fault for believing the internet but its so close to flying that it's maddening. Lol

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds