Where is the PPM shift select option?

More
13 May 2019 14:23 #74299 by Doofer
Looked everywhere - in ER9X it used to be in Transmitter settings, but surely in Deviation it would be in Model Memory - but at the moment I can't find where to set the PPM output polarity i.e. pulse train -ve - or +ve-going. (Some modules need one, some the other)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2019 18:36 #74303 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Where is the PPM shift select option?
ppm is just in the protocol list, under model, click on it and you can configure the protocol options.

More
13 May 2019 19:32 #74304 by Doofer
Replied by Doofer on topic Where is the PPM shift select option?
Yes, I can see them, but all I can see are timing options - nothing about overall polarity.

More
13 May 2019 20:22 #74305 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Where is the PPM shift select option?
It has been added to nightly builds in early march. So either update to current nightly or scroll down to reveal this new fifth protocol option ;)

More
14 May 2019 07:32 #74309 by Doofer
I just installed the latest nightly build - no more options for PPM beyond the
four previous timing options...?

More
14 May 2019 22:27 #74312 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Where is the PPM shift select option?
Just tested with an emulator. Polarity option displayed after pressing down arrow in protocol options.

What deviation version is displayed when you power on?

More
15 May 2019 06:30 #74313 by Doofer
Ah, good point - I am stuck on my old firmware!
Odd - I have now 'uploaded' (using the Java uploader, 'Incremental' option) three times, everything looks okay, reports a successful upload - but then reports the old firmware when I switch on again. Ugh. I will keep trying...

More
15 May 2019 08:21 #74314 by Doofer
... and now the blank screen. I tried Incremental, full install; when it does boot up, it displays the old firmware version (sometimes only displaying the bottom half of the splash screen), however 3 times out of 5 after doing a full install the screen is blank. I note the files (USB mode) are reported as corrupted, so I can't copy over my old tx.ini etc.). If I use Windows to fix the file system (so I can copy across my old tx.ini, hardware.ini, models), I then only get a blank screen. Ugh+.

More
15 May 2019 08:22 #74315 by Doofer
(Moderator - I appreciate that this should probably now move to a different 'Problems upgrading firmware' thread?)

More
15 May 2019 11:48 - 16 May 2019 06:53 #74316 by Doofer
The shame!! I had carelessly downloaded the Devo 7E 256 firmware. I eventually noticed this, downloaded the nightly build for stock Devo 7E, and all is well. And yes, there, is a polarity option in PPM.

So, very grateful for all your help.

(FWIW, I was assuming polarity was why the DJI Goggles wouldn't accept the Devo 7E PPM output. My 9XR Tx IS recognised, and its trainer output has the same frame length and amplitude, but the opposite polarity.
But the Devo 7E still isn't recognised. I can't think what magic property beyond polarity, frame length and amplitude the DJI goggles could be looking at. Still, this means I can use my mini ER9X transmitter - not quite as pretty as the Devo 7E, but a smidge smaller (see photo))
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 May 2019 06:53 by Doofer. Reason: Removed duplicate image

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds