How to program an excavator with deviation?

More
24 Jun 2020 12:59 #76518 by RingoD
Hello deviation community,

my name is Philipp and I´m a scale model builder from Germany. I have built an Liebherr R920 compact excavator. Now I want to control this machine by using my devo 10 with the deviation firmware. I have added a picture of the transmitter and the channel assignment, slightly optimized for my needs ;-)

I would be very thankful if someone can help me to programm the mixers to power the excavator. Maybe someone did it before and can share his programming.

For example I want to programm the tracks like this:

If you keep pushing the ELE D/R button on the Joystick you can use this Joystick (THRO and RUDD) to drive the excavator forward or backward resp. to the left and right. If you release the ELE D/R button you can use the Joystick to control the other funktions for digging. So that there will be no driving without pushing the ELE D/R button.

I think that I also have to change the channels from the transmitter so that they fit to the channel assignment at the receiver in the excavator. How to do this?

Many thanks
Philipp
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2020 20:12 #76650 by wukong
Replied by wukong on topic How to program an excavator with deviation?
Hi,

Interesting project you have going on.

I would set up a complex mixer for your needs, set the switch for the complex mixer to ELE D/R switch.

To map the channel to the controls, just use the mixer menu. Manual link: www.deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-7e-10 under section 9.2

Unfortunately, i can't really programme the mixer for your without knowing all the info.

More
21 Aug 2020 08:49 #76712 by RingoD
Replied by RingoD on topic How to program an excavator with deviation?
Hi wukong,

thank you for replying. Unfortunately I wasn´t able jet to solve my problem, so I will make some changes.

I want to set a complex mixer which should do something like this.

For example the left track should only move if you keep pushing the ELE D/R button (ELE D/R 1) and move the THRO channel forward or backwards.

The ELE D/R Button is the one on top of the stick between the two screws.

Maybe this description is much more helpful for you.

More
30 Aug 2020 16:55 - 30 Aug 2020 16:57 #76731 by wukong
Replied by wukong on topic How to program an excavator with deviation?

RingoD wrote: Hi wukong,

thank you for replying. Unfortunately I wasn´t able jet to solve my problem, so I will make some changes.

I want to set a complex mixer which should do something like this.

For example the left track should only move if you keep pushing the ELE D/R button (ELE D/R 1) and move the THRO channel forward or backwards.

The ELE D/R Button is the one on top of the stick between the two screws.

Maybe this description is much more helpful for you.

There's quite a few ways to do it. One way is as follows:
2 page complex mixer.

Page 1:
Source: THR
Mux: replace
Curve: 1-to-1

Page 2:
source: ELE D/R 0
Mux: replace
Curve: fixed
Offset: -100 (value = 0)

In this complex mixer, the output will always be 0 when ELE D/R 0 is activated, and only follow the THR when ELE D/R !=0, or i.e. ELE D/R 1 is on.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2020 16:57 by wukong. Reason: correct typo

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds