Jumper TX T8SG trim display

More
20 Sep 2020 10:35 - 20 Sep 2020 15:37 #76804 by duvelle
Jumper TX T8SG trim display was created by duvelle
I have set up a model plane ( for the first time) and needed to reverse two channels. I found that I needed to reverse the trims too and hopefully was correct in doing this through the "Trims" on "Model Setup". The trims now work correctly, but show as back to front on the front display. So moving the trim to the right displays as moving to the left on the front display. Please can anyone tell me how to correct this ?
Last edit: 20 Sep 2020 15:37 by duvelle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2020 11:22 #76859 by tomy03ful
Replied by tomy03ful on topic Jumper TX T8SG trim display
If I understand your problem then thirst of all you have to reverse the channel. It can be done in the "mixer", select the channel and press enter. Then the first is the "reverse" which is "normal" by default. Select normal and change it to "reversed"...

Or you need to swap two channels?

More
07 Oct 2020 20:09 #76863 by duvelle
Replied by duvelle on topic Jumper TX T8SG trim display
The problem stems from after setting up a model plane, sometimes the trims do not work in the correct direction. This is not necessarily related to whether a channel is reversed. It means that after I setup a model , I have to make sure all trims work in the correct direction. If I find a trim working in the wrong direction, I correct it by going into "model menu", then "trims" and for each input where the trim needs reversing, I change TRIMxx+ to TRIMxx- and vice versa. Perhaps, this is not the right way to do it, but it achieves what I want. HOWEVER, the trim display on the front screen now shows the trim moving in the opposite direction to the actual one on the model.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

More
08 Oct 2020 19:41 - 08 Oct 2020 19:42 #76867 by tomy03ful
Replied by tomy03ful on topic Jumper TX T8SG trim display
I am not familiar with the trims menu so I don't have another idea.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2020 19:42 by tomy03ful.

More
10 Oct 2020 16:53 #76870 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Jumper TX T8SG trim display
you can assign the trim button you like for each trim. I assume you have to remap to the right trim switch. From what I can remember trim switches are not autodetected at toggling them, so you just have to scroll true list in trims menu and change it.
(would be great if someone could fix that)

More
10 Oct 2020 17:08 #76871 by duvelle
Whenever I've looked at the trims menu, the trims are correctly mapped i.e for mode 1, ELE trimlv, THR trimrv, RUD trimlh, AIL trimrh . So not sure what I should be altering.

More
13 Oct 2020 03:45 #76873 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Jumper TX T8SG trim display
Not sure if it will work but maybe you can set up two virtual channels for the inputs that need to be reversed, reverse the input in the virtual channel. Then set the primary channels back to normal and the source as the reversed virtual channel.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
13 Oct 2020 09:50 #76874 by duvelle
Interesting, except the trim display showing the wrong direction is not dependent on whether the channel has been reversed , or not. Sometimes it shows the correct direction. Out of the six planes I have setup, it has only affected the horizontal trims .

I am sorry if this all sounds confusing, but the result is that I must always remember to check trim direction, both physically and on the front trim display.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds