HobbyZone Sport Cub S

More
18 Jan 2015 19:34 #27822 by Zoide
HobbyZone Sport Cub S was created by Zoide
Hi,

Could anyone please make a config for the Sport Cub S? It would be great if it included support for the different SAFE modes and for the Panic Recovery switch?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2015 21:34 #27827 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
I've got a Sport Cub S, but the weather has sucked to much for me to spend what little flying time I've had on it. If you'd like to test a model.ini file for it, let me know which Tx you're using and I'll upload it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Jan 2015 05:17 #27833 by Zoide
Replied by Zoide on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
Thanks... Unfortunately I crashed my Sport Cub S today and lost it :( I tried flying with a Nano QX profile (since it uses airplane mode), and I don't know if the AS3X wasn't working or what, but it started acting up a lot with the wind and eventually I lost orientation, it got too far away, etc...

I should have waited till I had a config file where I could make sure the F-Mode switch was really toggling the different stability modes, and to make sure I had another toggle mapped to the Panic Recovery function.

Does your profile have that? I might get another one, who knows. My Tx is the Devo 10.

Thanks

More
19 Jan 2015 05:31 #27834 by mwm
I haven't put one together yet - this is my first airplane since I started using deviation. I still need to do it.

I can tell you the NanoQX file won't work at all, though. Only two flight modes, and it's edge triggered instead of level triggered. And no panic mode.

A simple 200 SRX model.ini would work well - three flight modes and a panic switch, and they're on the same channels as the Sport Cub S. HH even uses the same transmitter in the RTF packages for the two. But my 200 SRX model.ini wouldn't do at all - rates & expos tailored to my taste for a helicopter, and I'm not sure that stagility mode even makes sense.

If you get another one, post here again and I'll upload whatever I wind up with, or point you to where I posted it.

More
19 Jan 2015 05:33 #27835 by Zoide

mwm wrote: I haven't put one together yet - this is my first airplane since I started using deviation. I still need to do it.

I can tell you the NanoQX file won't work at all, though. Only two flight modes, and it's edge triggered instead of level triggered. And no panic mode.

A simple 200 SRX model.ini would work well - three flight modes and a panic switch, and they're on the same channels as the Sport Cub S. HH even uses the same transmitter in the RTF packages for the two. But my 200 SRX model.ini wouldn't do at all - rates & expos tailored to my taste for a helicopter, and I'm not sure that stagility mode even makes sense.

If you get another one, post here again and I'll upload whatever I wind up with, or point you to where I posted it.

Hmm... Maybe that's part of the reason why I crashed it. What do you mean with "edge triggered instead of level triggered"?

Thanks

More
19 Jan 2015 05:53 #27837 by mwm
The Sport Cub (and all the Blade 'copters but the NanoQX and maybe the two new smaller ones) get their flight mode from channel 5 level: setting it to -100, 0 and 100 give you different flight modes. Panic mode is on ch6, with -100 and 100 giving you it on and off. That's "level-triggered". The level is what matters.

The NanoQX changes between it's two flight modes when channel 5 goes from -100 to 100. If you then go back to -100, nothing changes. This is "edge-triggered", as what's important is the edge as you go from -100 to 100.

I don't know how your NanoQX model was set up - this has been dealt with a number of ways - but the flight mode switch was mucking with panic mode in ways that depend on the model, and the actual flight mode probably never changed.

More
19 Jan 2015 05:57 #27838 by Zoide
Hmmm... If the NanoQX's flight mode depends on channel 5, that means the F-mode switch only affects channel 5. How would it affect panic mode on the Sport Cub S, if that's on channel 6?

More
19 Jan 2015 05:58 #27839 by mwm
Oops: the original 350QX did the same as the 200SRX & etc. The second version (and the V2 firmware) was similar, except that it had four flight modes. The third version (and the V3 firmware) took the saner approach of making the Panic switch a fifth flight mode. The flight modes are all edge triggered, just that the levels are now like -125, -75, 0, 75, 125 for the modes.

More
19 Jan 2015 06:01 #27840 by Zoide
So you're saying the Sport Cub S also treats Panic Recovery as a type of flight mode, and therefore the NanoQX config's F-Mode switch might have been activating it?

More
19 Jan 2015 06:03 #27841 by mwm

Zoide wrote: Hmmm... If the NanoQX's flight mode depends on channel 5, that means the F-mode switch only affects channel 5. How would it affect panic mode on the Sport Cub S, if that's on channel 6?

And that's a second oops. You're right - it wouldn't. I think I misread what I'd just written. I also think it's getting late, so I should stop before I make things worse.

The level/edge triggered stuff is right. I've set that up more than once for the NQX, and my various blade 'copters. The channel assignments - well, that I have to sort through either the model.ini files or Blade's documentation, neither of which is all that readable.

More
19 Jan 2015 06:12 #27842 by mwm

Zoide wrote: So you're saying the Sport Cub S also treats Panic Recovery as a type of flight mode, and therefore the NanoQX config's F-Mode switch might have been activating it?

I'm going to be very careful and explicit here, since it is late.

Based on Sport Cub S & 200 SRX manuals, they both use the DX5e controls the same way. The 200 SRX stuff is all level-triggered, with one channel for flight mode and one for panic mode. The NanoQX uses one channel, edge-triggered. Some deviation configs toggled that by using a switch, and making you toggle it both directions to changed modes. My 3-position fmode version let you toggle it through FMOD1 to change it (with FMOD0 & FMOD2 being at the other end). Some used trim switches and let you push a button to toggle it.

If the NanoQX flight mode channel is the same as the panic mode channel on the Sport Cub S, then changing flight modes could change to/from panic mode. It may have even left it changed. If it is on the flight mode channel, then it would change flight mode - but not the same way it did on the NanoQX.

More
20 Jan 2015 06:08 #27874 by mwm
The weather turned unbelievable today - near a dead calm and 70 degrees out. Clearly, time to fly. Including the Cub.

Attached is my Devo10 model for it, as well as the icon I found here for a highwing trainers.

Notes:
  1. FMOD 0/1/2 is flight modes: beginner/intermediate/expert
  2. GEAR1 is Panic.
  3. AIL DR1 is 70% low rates.
  4. RUD DR0 triggers a sticky hold.
  5. Timer 1 is a stopwatch.
  6. Timer 2 is a permanent timer.
  7. Icons for Throttle hold, Flight mode, Dual Rates & Panic mode.

For those not familiar with it, sticky throttle hold means when you set RUD DR down, the throttle hold won't clear until RUD DR is up and the throttle is all the way down.

Attachments:

More
20 Jan 2015 06:11 #27875 by Zoide
Thanks a lot mwm! If only I hadn't been so impatient... Lesson learned :)

More
22 Jan 2015 19:27 #27936 by ursus69
Replied by ursus69 on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
Hi!

Can fly it with devo7e??
Devo7E Fmod have only 0/1...and don't have gear1...

Can I use the hold switch to use panic mode? Or other solution?

Regards

More
23 Jan 2015 02:42 #27943 by mwm
Yes, it'll fly with a Devo7E. You'll have to figure out where to put the three flight modes, though. Personally, I'd use the ENT button for the panic switch, but that's up to you.

More
23 Jan 2015 13:17 #27946 by ursus69
How I configure the ENT button as a panic button?

thanks!

More
23 Jan 2015 17:21 #27949 by mwm
You configure the it as a momentary switch as described in the manual section on "using trim switches as buttons" (or something like that), then change the channel that switches on gear to switch on the virtual channel you set up for that switch.

More
26 Jan 2015 21:31 #28054 by ursus69

mwm wrote: You configure the it as a momentary switch as described in the manual section on "using trim switches as buttons" (or something like that), then change the channel that switches on gear to switch on the virtual channel you set up for that switch.

Thanks!...I will try!!

More
14 Feb 2015 21:04 #28680 by timmyd463229
Replied by timmyd463229 on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
Has anyone used this file for the sport cub s. I'm about to buy one and would like to know if it works or not. Thanks

More
14 Feb 2015 21:09 #28681 by mwm
It works fine for flying the Sport Cub S.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds